What's Your dream occupation?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sci-fi/Fantasy writer .... or a website designer. I'm pretty good with basic HTML, and the few sites I've done so far have been a lot of fun. :)

nightscribe said:
Sci-fi/Fantasy writer .... or a website designer. I'm pretty good with basic HTML, and the few sites I've done so far have been a lot of fun. :)

Oooh.. To be an author of sci-fi/fantasy novels sounds like way too much fun. :D If I had a knack for writing that would certainly be something I'd love to do.

My dream occupation would be an author/counsellor.I'm already a freelance writer but I've never sat down and actually written a whole novel before.I always give up before I finish anything.After writing non fiction all day,it gets a little tiring and the last thing I feel like doing is writing again.Also writing is isolating so I'd like to balance it out by doing part time counselling too.I may be a mess right now but hopefully that will change and I'll then be in a position to help others.

I've always wanted to be a cult leader. Now before you think I'm a total psychopath (and you may even be right. Sometimes I wonder about that myself) let me just explain....I have no love for any real cult leaders, but come on, having a bunch of whacked out followers hanging on my every word, worshipping me as a God, or at the very least, a prophet, would be the height of cool if you ask me. (Yes, I am also fully aware of the fact that I am an egomaniac, albeit a self hating one)

My runners up are dictator and writer. Dictator follows the same basic principle as my wanting to be a cult leader.

I think being a writer would be cool because you can create your own stories, worlds, characters etc. I do write on occasion, but I think I suck. My grammar is terrible. I love run on sentences. I'm clueless as to proper punctuation and my tenses always get mixed up. Plus, every story I ever came up with ended up being a blatant Lovecraft or Stephen King ripoff in the end. If I ever had an original thought, it would die of loneliness. I do think it would be great to be a competent writer though.

My dream occupations is to either be a lead singer in a band (even though I'm too shy to ever do such a thing), or an astronaut. I like to learn about space and the planets. I would also like to be able to say to people "Hey bitches, I left planet earth! What's up?" Anyways, the whole "being a lead singer thing" started after I saw the band Nightwish live. There lead singer Anette really inspired me. She has the voice of an angel. I wish I could sing like that! I mean, Tarja is amazing also, but Anette just blew my mind for some reason. It was like magic.

My dream job is college professor... which I actually am, although I'm only a lowly adjunct so I can't really call it my full time occupation.

I've also wanted to be a lawyer, a writer, and a photographer at one time or another... the last of which is one of my hobbies.

I was close to fulfilling my dream, but life keeps changing and i have to put a big part of that dream up on Ebay :p.

I've got plenty of years left ahead of me, so i'll just keep dreaming for a little bit longer...

I've had soo many dream jobs..

A person who travels the world and goes to all these cool/weird places and makes documentaries, a video game designer or an assassin..

Punisher said:
I was close to fulfilling my dream, but life keeps changing and i have to put a big part of that dream up on Ebay :p.
I've had some good luck thrown my way, and now i don't have to sell my Oki c8800dn :D

Probably being paid to travel and write about the places I travel. Holy honeysuckle that would be so awesome.

This exchange pretty much sums it up:

Blackadder: How would you like to earn some money?

Comte de Frou-Frou: I would not like to earn it. I would like other people to earn it and give it to me.

So, a slum lord of somesuch. Just keep tenants, they pay me moolah and I can live off them like some big leech. :p

Barring that, maybe doing illustrations and graphical work for corporations, events, webpages and such. I love to draw, but dunno how things would be with...*shudder*...deadlines.

My dream occupation would be to run a community outreach center where I could give kids a safe and healthy place to do things like play sports, get advice of role models and other stuff. Basically it would be really great to make a living helping other humans.

Kenny said:
My dream occupation would be to run a community outreach center where I could give kids a safe and healthy place to do things like play sports, get advice of role models and other stuff. Basically it would be really great to make a living helping other humans.

Amazing Dream! I know you'll make it come true. You're more awesome than you know! :) (well....I have seen your posts so I can tell you're awesome from those. lol.)

Ummm...My ultimate dream job, would be to work with kids as well. I want to help them grow and learn, teach them about the world, and support them for as long as I can! (I want to travel too, a lot. lol.)

My current dream is to have a job period that pays me. lol.

Latest posts

Back