What's your favorite culture?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Renaissance Florence- I would love to have known Leonardo da Vinci!
I respect and admire his endless curiosity and passion for learning.

Plus, Europe of the 1500's was such an interesting time- Columbus' voyages, the Spanish Inqusition, so many great thinkers living at that time and people reaching out to discover new things, places, and ideas.

south_2nd said:
Nazi Germany.

I loved everything about it. Their clothing, their blitzkrieg fighting style, the weapons, their ideas. I wish I could've fought with the SS.

you know, your comment was fine about finding that era interesting until you mentioned liking their ideas and wished you could have fought with the SS....just curious which part of their sick ideas you like? Was it the ethnic cleansing, the experiments on humans, the torture and killing of innocent people??? I can't quite understand how someone could find that inspiring enough to want to have gone back and actually taken part in that...

BTW if you don't have blond hair and blue eyes...they wouldn't like you anyway.

Pasha Selim said:
WHY said:
18th century... would love to meet Mozart and see how he really played the piano and composed. Would love to be in a aristocratic family in the beautiful palaces and the gardens dressed in the gorgeous dresses.

And I agree there were a lot of bad parts of the 18th century but every century has it's bad moments.

I like your tastes :D
I also like the pacific cultures of Pacific islands from the same period.
They were living in a kind of terestrial paradise, e.g. Tahiti

LOL Thanks...yeah I play the piano and I like classical music. Today many modern songs are nice and they get you moving and stuff...and some are like...oh yeah it's a sad song and all. But no music today gives me the chills like certain classical music. It's like it awakens so many different feelings and emotions in you it's incredible.

I went to Paris last summer and went to Versailles. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL! Mind you while they were rich and partying the french people were starving outside their walls. That was disturbing...but then again...isn't it the same way today? Yeah, I'd love to go to a ball in one of those beautiful garments and dance a gracious waltz in the room of mirrors at Versailles with the grand chandeliers. Ahhhhhh....but that's just something left for your imagination eh?

WHY said:
you know, your comment was fine about finding that era interesting until you mentioned liking their ideas and wished you could have fought with the SS....just curious which part of their sick ideas you like? Was it the ethnic cleansing, the experiments on humans, the torture and killing of innocent people??? I can't quite understand how someone could find that inspiring enough to want to have gone back and actually taken part in that...

They didn't just accept people with blond hair and blue eyes. If that were the case it would be one hell of a small military. Some of the most important men of the Nazi party didn't even have blond hair & blue eyes. When I said I wanted to fight along with them was because they had some of the most advanced weaponry of war during that time. My favorite including the King Tiger. Yes, their ideas interest me. Hitler was one of the most intelligent men to live. How else could someone take power of so many people and have the support of the whole country? He wasn't even a political leader when it all began. Just a man speaking his voice. His propaganda was unreal. Also, the nazis weren't the only people to experiment with humans during the ww2 era. There was also unit 731 who were apart of the Imperial Japanese army that were far worse with their experiments, look them up. It wasn't uncommon to do those sorts of things during that period. I didn't mean just their idea of the genocide of Jews. I meant their ideas and plans to overcome the economic depression of their time. And everything else they had plans for.

south_2nd said:
WHY said:
south_2nd said:
Nazi Germany.

I loved everything about it. Their clothing, their blitzkrieg fighting style, the weapons, their ideas. I wish I could've fought with the SS.

You're an idiot. They didn't just accept people with blond hair and blue eyes. If that were the case it would be one hell of a small army. Some of the most important men of the Nazi party didn't even have blond hair & blue eyes. When I said I wanted to fight along with them was because they had some of the most advanced weaponry of war during that time. My favorite including the King Tiger. Yes, their ideas interest me. Hitler was one of the most intelligent men to live. How else could someone take power of so many people and have the support of the whole country? He wasn't even a political leader when it all began. Just a man speaking his voice. His propaganda was unreal. Also, the nazis weren't the only people to experiment with humans during the ww2 era. There was also unit 731 who were apart of the Imperial Japanese army that were far worse with their experiments, look them up. It wasn't uncommon to do those sorts of things during that period. I didn't mean just their idea of the genocide of Jews. I meant their ideas and plans to overcome the economic depression of their time. And everything else they had plans for.

It was very low of you to call me an idiot...I didn't call you a Nazi fascist after reading your comment...even though that's how you came across. The BTW comment about the blue eyes and blond hair was meant as a joke. There really hasn't been any direct quote from Hitler that he wanted only blue eyed, blond, and tall people. In general he just wanted to cleanse the Aryan race of Jews. Himmler (the Head of the SS) was the guy obsessed with this ideal and superior Nordic-Aryan race. He even had breeding farms and married a blue-eyed blond.

WHY said:
It was very low of you to call me an idiot...I didn't call you a Nazi fascist after reading your comment...even though that's how you came across. The BTW comment about the blue eyes and blond hair was meant as a joke. There really hasn't been any direct quote from Hitler that he wanted only blue eyed, blond, and tall people. In general he just wanted to cleanse the Aryan race of Jews. Himmler (the Head of the SS) was the guy obsessed with this ideal and superior Nordic-Aryan race. He even had breeding farms and married a blue-eyed blond.

I edited it. You don't think it was rude of you to call me out on my post though and to assume that I was some sick minded individual? I didn't quote you on your posts to call you a pretentious asshat. And yes, Hitler did talk about this also. It was in his Mein Kampf, but it was mostly used for propaganda purposes only. The German people followed Hitler because they wanted to believe what he was saying was true. That they were the superior race.

WHY said:
south_2nd said:
Nazi Germany.

Would they like me ? I got black hair, brown eye's and my skins a light shade of brown :p
Nazi's suck ass man.

Rifle_Eyes said:
WHY said:

I edited it. You don't think it was rude of you to call me out on my post though and to assume that I was some sick minded individual? I didn't quote you on your posts to call you a pretentious asshat. And yes, Hitler did talk about this also. It was in his Mein Kampf, but it was mostly used for propaganda purposes only. The German people followed Hitler because they wanted to believe what he was saying was true. That they were the superior race.

Now you're calling me pretentious...man you got issues.

Anyway...there is obviously no point in talking to you because you get very defensive and you assume I'm out to get you somehow. We're here to have conversations and exchange of thoughts right? I was merely trying to figure out what part of the Nazi ideas you were attracted to because to me it seems there really was nothing great about Hitler other than he was better than Stalin because at least to his own people he was great and like you said he did help the German economy. My moms grandmother was murdered in Auschwitz so I was merely curious. And no I'm not Jewish but I do come from a country that was invaded by the Germans and so this is a great part of our history. I'm very open minded and I like to know every ones opinions because you always learn something new and you obviously seem to know a lot about Nazi Germany. And yes I've lived in Germany too and I loved it and would love to live there again. So I'm not pretentious.

WHY said:
Rifle_Eyes said:
WHY said:

Now you're calling me pretentious...man you got issues.

Anyway...there is obviously no point in talking to you because you get very defensive and you assume I'm out to get you somehow. We're here to have conversations and exchange of thoughts right? I was merely trying to figure out what part of the Nazi ideas you were attracted to because to me it seems there really was nothing great about Hitler other than he was better than Stalin because at least to his own people he was great and like you said he did help the German economy. My moms grandmother was murdered in Auschwitz so I was merely curious. And no I'm not Jewish but I do come from a country that was invaded by the Germans and so this is a great part of our history. I'm very open minded and I like to know every ones opinions because you always learn something new and you obviously seem to know a lot about Nazi Germany. And yes I've lived in Germany too and I loved it and would love to live there again. So I'm not pretentious.

It's just your first response to mine didn't sit will with me.

Liapos said:
What a sad, sad little man.

We're all sad, sad little men. Why else would you be on a forum called "A lonely Life"
I'm going to go and take a wild guess that you weren't the biggest winner.

Shoots.

Rifle_Eyes...let's just say it was a misunderstanding...after all when you can't hear someone's tone of voice or see their facial expression it's hard to tell if they were trying to be mean about it. And sorry if my comment came out that way.

:)

Rifle_Eyes said:
Liapos said:
What a sad, sad little man.

We're all sad, sad little men. Why else would you be on a forum called "A lonely Life"
I'm going to go and take a wild guess that you weren't the biggest winner.

Shoots.

He scores.

You can be lonely and still be a "winner," you know. Look at Hemingway. But you're right; I dropped out of high school, messed around with some druggies, got a girl pregnant (the meth she was addicted to sorted that out, spurring a whole other bout with depression), and now I have an astonishingly bad record of suicide attempts.

But a few weeks ago I got a phone call from Knopf (Random House), wanting to know more about the book I'm writing. Apparently 20-year-old up and comers are really attractive to them (in other words, we make a lot of money). They liked my synopsis, and are encouraging me to actually write the thing, now. What's more, I'm taking 18 units majoring in Linguistics. Why I felt the need to explain this is beyond me, but a little context never hurt anyone.

Anyway, I may not be the biggest "winner," but I wouldn't say I'm a complete "loser," either.

So are you pro-genocide or anti-genocide?

Eyes anyway you take is it is not nice to comment that you would like to go back to a time and place where so many people's ancestors were unfairly killed and be a part of the group responsible for killing them. It's mean and I personally do feel hurt that you feel that way. But well everyone is different; I hope one day you see things differently though.

Latest posts

Back