When old wounds open

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the-alchemist

Reaction score
I've had a bad childhood being surrounded by bad family members who abused me emotionally. Especially my older brother.

And today, I happened to hear an old song that brought me back to that painful period and at once, old wounds opened and old memories came back on how bad it was.

I felt bad for the rest of the day. It was pretty sad because I was in a relatively good mood today but once I heard that song then memories of my older brother's emotional abuse and bullying came flooding back. I felt bad for the rest of the day

Sorry to hear about that, weird how some songs can trigger old emotions. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

the-alchemist said:
I've had a bad childhood being surrounded by bad family members who abused me emotionally. Especially my older brother.

And today, I happened to hear an old song that brought me back to that painful period and at once, old wounds opened and old memories came back on how bad it was.

I felt bad for the rest of the day. It was pretty sad because I was in a relatively good mood today but once I heard that song then memories of my older brother's emotional abuse and bullying came flooding back. I felt bad for the rest of the day

Hi -- Here's something from a former "British Invasion" band that may lift your spirits. Strange, but this song opened some of MY old wounds (sigh, I kissed but I shouldn't tell!). LG:)

"Better Things" (The Kinks)

Here's wishing you the bluest sky,
And hoping something better comes tomorrow.
Hoping all the verses rhyme,
And the very best of choruses to
Follow all the doubt and sadness.
I know that better things are on the way.

Here's hoping all the days ahead
Won't be as bitter as the ones behind you.
Be an optimist instead,
And somehow happiness will find you.
Forget what happened yesterday,

It's really good to see you rocking out
And having fun,
Living like you just begun.
Accepting life and what it brings.
I hope tomorrow you'll find better things.
I know tomorrow you'll find better things.

Here's wishing you the bluest sky,
And hoping something better comes tomorrow.
Hoping all the verses rhyme,
And the very best of choruses to
Follow all the drudge and sadness.

I know you've got a lot of good things happening up ahead.
The past is gone it's all been said.
So here's to what the future brings,

© Davray Music Ltd. (1981)

I hate when that happens honestly ... Especially when I'm around people I end up just leaving the area just in case someone asks me what's wrong :/

((((((((((((((((((((Alchemist)))))))))))))))))))))))
Sounds like you had a really hard life when you were a kid. It sucks when the people who are supposed to love you and have your back treat you like dirt. It can really mess with your mind. Those old wounds do open from time to time. They haven't healed yet and so they are vulnerable to the smallest things.
I would be honored to listen to your story if you decide you want to talk about it. I have skype and the account is dance.2.moonlight
I also have yahoo messanger listed as gentle_loving_soul

I have to work tonight and tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about your wounds being re-opened. I cannot say that I have experienced that with family members, but I do know how it feels to be hurt by people emotionally. Songs are a very emotional media. For me, songs never make me happier but when I am down, it is nice to listen to songs whose lyrics express what I am feeling. It is unfortunate in your case that the song you heard reminded you of something terrible. If there are songs that make you happy, try listening to them when you are down. Try doing anything that makes you happier when you are down. I feel like a hypocrite for giving you this advice, since I can never do the same for myself, but just find ways to forget about what made you sad. Good luck to you brother. I hope your mood will improve shortly

Tell me about it, the-alchemist. I had a nightmare relationship with an abusive woman that ended over a year ago. Three months ago I was informed of something she was doing behind my back (drugs; I already knew about the infidelity and lying), and it put me right back in that dark place. It's taken these three months to get back to normal, but I am back to normal. You'll be fine. Endure. Realize that the pain will subside, and though it sucks to go through it, it will end, and you'll walk away a stronger person.

I had a rough childhood as well. I will never understand how some can look themselves in the mirror after all the damage they do to people that love them. I could never do anything to hurt someone that loved me, but sadly, there are those who are borderline psychopaths.

YEAH..Growning up in a dysfunctional home sucks...thats would the sugar coat version of getting mentally, emotionally. physically N spiritually abused.....

I get involve with pyscho bitches becuase its familar N comfortiable to me... I actaully give these women intructions to abuse me N abandent me....Of course I dont see myself doing it...Becuase its @ a subconsious level.
Playing the fucken victim totally sucks ass...

I have a messed up blueprint of how to live life ingrained in my fucken head.
Every now N then I feel like blowning my fucken brains out...
Ok..ok replace old beliefs system with new beliefs system..Im not talking about religion..morals or non of that honeysuckle. Im talking about how I belive N live. In other words..creat a new blue print for myself.
Y do U think some lotto winners that won millions end up broke or in dept
after a couple of yars? They had a blueprint of being poor....
Except in ur N my case..its fucken abuse

Lonesome Crow said:
YEAH..Growning up in a dysfunctional home sucks...thats would the sugar coat version of getting mentally, emotionally. physically N spiritually abused.

I get involve with pyscho bitches becuase its familar N comfortiable to me. I actaully give these women intructions to abuse me N abandent me. .Of course I dont see myself doing it becuase its @ a subconsious level.
Playing the fucken victim totally sucks ass. I have a messed up blueprint of how to live life ingrained in my fucken head.
Every now N then I feel like blowning my fucken brains out
Ok..ok replace old beliefs system with new beliefs system..Im not talking about religion..morals or non of that honeysuckle. Im talking about how I belive N live. In other words..creat a new blue print for myself.
Y do U think some lotto winners that won millions end up broke or in dept
after a couple of yars? They had a blueprint of being poor.
Except in ur N my case..its fucken abuse

Breath By Breaking Benjamin

Latest posts

Back