When's The Last Time You Got Rejected?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today (and yesterday, and every other day, bit by bit, more often, more obvious)...but I think that was it, no tomorrows for rejection.

hanging out at a bar, this woman turned to me and said "hey, cutie, wanna dance" without saying anything, i started doing the swaying thing, i dont think i dance bad, maybe just in shock that this lady asked me to dance, and then started laughing " honey, you do NOT have the moves" and turned away leaving me thinking 'what the hell just happened?' she looked dirty anyways

A few months ago, asked a girl to dance and she said yes, but was busy at the time I asked so she said after. I waited, asked again, got the same kind of reply, she avoided me the rest of the night. I had known her for quite a while and asked her out once, got the same kind of response then, but never an honest answer, which I think would only be right unless she really wanted to mess with me for some kind of twisted fun. I got along with her otherwise, and her friends. Haven't talked to her since around that time, honestly I don't care if I do again. would have felt better if she had simply said no, or even told me to go to hell.

Luna said:
I'm going to ask a guy that I met through a family friend...to go skiing with me.
I expect that he'll likely reject me.
I've been rejected so often that slowly...but surely...I am becoming used to it.

Yep...ignoring me now...
I kept it light and casual...but I guess that's just how life rolls for me...

Brian said:
I had my first real date a couple weeks ago. She said I could call if I wanted...called, texted a few times, no answer to anything.

I would really rather people just come out and say they aren't too keen on me instead of ignoring me.

Yes me too...i feel your pain.:(

Rejected romantically? I don't know if I could technically pinpoint a time, since none of my attempts at asking people out or hooking up with them were ever bold enough to be interpreted as more than a friendly suggestion. I'm kind of a wimp. But if you count such a situation, that would have been March of senior year, at the lock-in party for my fellow actors and actresses in the school play; I told this guy I was crushing on that someone bet me I wouldn't hook up with anyone that night, and I was upset because they were right. That was my attempt to try to get him to agree to make out with me (he was very drunk). It didn't work.
Rejected in general? Well, I go out swing dancing every once and a while and a couple of weeks ago I asked a guy to dance and he said "next song" and then asked someone else to dance the next song even though I was standing right there. Lame.
As Lina said, I've just gotten used to it by this point.

incognitowithh said:
Well now that I have herpes, it has happened a lot. I stick with only dating guys that also have it...just makes it easier and cuts down the rejection quite a bit.

You know some guys would work with you to make this not a problem.
A girl I sew about 4 years ago for only 3 months we went out with one another has this. We split but it was nothing to do with the herpes.
She did not tell me. Lucky for me I did not contract it.
It wasn't tell a year later she told me that she had it.
I was not best pleased that she did not tell me be for when we where with one another.
I can understand why she did not tho.
Maybe if I had got it I would had been less understanding of her.

Though I think if you really love someone you would find a way.

What the best time is to tell someone something like that though I would not know.... That is a very difficult one.

If you tell someone to early they run. Tell them to late they well get angry at you and run. I do think you should tell them be for anything physical happens though. My X told me there was no chance of me getting anything in less she was on an out break. That I know is not exactly true as I did some research on it myself and even got myself checked out at the docs and asked him about it as well.

Anyway I respect you for your post is honest....

Bluey said:
incognitowithh said:
Well now that I have herpes, it has happened a lot. I stick with only dating guys that also have it...just makes it easier and cuts down the rejection quite a bit.

You know some guys would work with you to make this not a problem.
A girl I sew about 4 years ago for only 3 months we went out with one another has this. We split but it was nothing to do with the herpes.
She did not tell me. Lucky for me I did not contract it.
It wasn't tell a year later she told me that she had it.
I was not best pleased that she did not tell me be for when we where with one another.
I can understand why she did not tho.
Maybe if I had got it I would had been less understanding of her.

Though I think if you really love someone you would find a way.

What the best time is to tell someone something like that though I would not know.... That is a very difficult one.

If you tell someone to early they run. Tell them to late they well get angry at you and run. I do think you should tell them be for anything physical happens though. My X told me there was no chance of me getting anything in less she was on an out break. That I know is not exactly true as I did some research on it myself and even got myself checked out at the docs and asked him about it as well.

Anyway I respect you for your post is honest....

Yes, the challenge is when do you tell (ALWAYS before sex, of course). For me, I'm not going to allow feelings to grow...that will only lead to a good change of being rejected and getting hurt. In big cities like mine, 1 in 3 have it. What your ex did was SO wrong...not only morally, but she can get sued for that. This happens all of the time...I hear the stories. It's quite disgusting...everyone should have a choice. She was also completely wrong about the outbreak thing...although, that could've been from her shitty doctor. Too many of them are not informed. Did you go and get an actual blood test specifically for herpes?

incognitowithh said:
Yes, the challenge is when do you tell (ALWAYS before sex, of course). For me, I'm not going to allow feelings to grow...that will only lead to a good change of being rejected and getting hurt. In big cities like mine, 1 in 3 have it. What your ex did was SO wrong...not only morally, but she can get sued for that. This happens all of the time...I hear the stories. It's quite disgusting...everyone should have a choice. She was also completely wrong about the outbreak thing...although, that could've been from her shitty doctor. Too many of them are not informed. Did you go and get an actual blood test specifically for herpes?

WOW!!! 1 in 3. That's crazy.
Am not sure what that stats are here. I guss it might be bigger then I would think.
Am not the most active or even lucky guy so I have not been with to many partners. Maybe that's a good thing.
Since I did not get it I have to forgive her. she not had such an easy ride with things her self even though I do agree that she should of told me. What makes it worse for me is she is the only girl I have been with since I was 18. So ye it makes me very wary of this stuff. And it wasn't like we jumped in the sake on the first date you know. I do come across as confident on the net and in person. But the truth of the matter is I really am not when it comes to stuff like this and its for that reason that we where seeing one another for over a month be for I let it go any further. So she had moor then enough chances to tell me. But the past is the past and no harm was done.

I think maybe as you say she had been told wrong herself.
I did get a proper blood test for it yes.
I also told her I did that. And I also told her at the time that if I had it I would be doing jail time for her cos of her not telling me. I was angry at the time that I had to go to the doctors and do that. I think she was surprised at my anger tbh with you.
But for me I had to forgive her. I really hate, hating other ppl. and also I can see her way of thinking as well.
It was a wail be for I forgave her and as I say be for maybe if I had contracted it I would had gotten myself in trouble.
I have and I hope I would never hit a girl. But if I had got that I have no clue whether I could have contained myself.

Like you say she should had told me and then it would had been my choice what I do from there.
but like you I think she just got fed up of being rejected for the same reason. This is why I forgave her and become friends.
I do understand the reason why she did not say anything. She is 2 years older then me and has spent a long time living alone her self as well.
I understand what that dose to you. So maybe that's why I forgave her for what she did.

Bluey said:
incognitowithh said:

WOW!!! 1 in 3. That's crazy.
Am not sure what that stats are here. I guss it might be bigger then I would think.
Am not the most active or even lucky guy so I have not been with to many partners. Maybe that's a good thing.
Since I did not get it I have to forgive her. she not had such an easy ride with things her self even though I do agree that she should of told me. What makes it worse for me is she is the only girl I have been with since I was 18. So ye it makes me very wary of this stuff. And it wasn't like we jumped in the sake on the first date you know. I do come across as confident on the net and in person. But the truth of the matter is I really am not when it comes to stuff like this and its for that reason that we where seeing one another for over a month be for I let it go any further. So she had moor then enough chances to tell me. But the past is the past and no harm was done.

I think maybe as you say she had been told wrong herself.
I did get a proper blood test for it yes.
I also told her I did that. And I also told her at the time that if I had it I would be doing jail time for her cos of her not telling me. I was angry at the time that I had to go to the doctors and do that. I think she was surprised at my anger tbh with you.
But for me I had to forgive her. I really hate, hating other ppl. and also I can see her way of thinking as well.
It was a wail be for I forgave her and as I say be for maybe if I had contracted it I would had gotten myself in trouble.
I have and I hope I would never hit a girl. But if I had got that I have no clue whether I could have contained myself.

Like you say she should had told me and then it would had been my choice what I do from there.
but like you I think she just got fed up of being rejected for the same reason. This is why I forgave her and become friends.
I do understand the reason why she did not say anything. She is 2 years older then me and has spent a long time living alone her self as well.
I understand what that dose to you. So maybe that's why I forgave her for what she did.

How old are you now? Seriously, having herpes isn't that big of a deal...you just have to know how to handle it. You can date others with it...join dating sites, attend meetings and join a social club. You don't get fed up with rejection and try to "recruit" people. You become a vicious, evil person if you do that, IMO. I was fed up with rejection, so I made sure I met others with it.

incognitowithh said:
How old are you now? Seriously, having herpes isn't that big of a deal...you just have to know how to handle it. You can date others with it...join dating sites, attend meetings and join a social club. You don't get fed up with rejection and try to "recruit" people. You become a vicious, evil person if you do that, IMO. I was fed up with rejection, so I made sure I met others with it.

I am 35 now and was 31 at the time.
I think she doesn't look at it as such a big deal ether.
She told me that girls have all them things down there to deal with anyway so she just looks at it like that.

For me it is a big deal though. I have a number of problems with my health as it is. I don't need to be adding to it.

I don't have to live with herpes so maybe I do look at it as a bigger deal then what it would be.

I do know that if I loved someone that I would not let it stop me from being with them though.

The good thing about this though is she knows we did not split cos of the herpes. We split cos we where arguing all the time. We get on better as friends.
All though she has a guy lives with her now and I don't see anything of her. But that's a hole different cattle of fish I guss.

Bluey said:
incognitowithh said:

I am 35 now and was 31 at the time.
I think she doesn't look at it as such a big deal ether.
She told me that girls have all them things down there to deal with anyway so she just looks at it like that.

For me it is a big deal though. I have a number of problems with my health as it is. I don't need to be adding to it.

I don't have to live with herpes so maybe I do look at it as a bigger deal then what it would be.

I do know that if I loved someone that I would not let it stop me from being with them though.

The good thing about this though is she knows we did not split cos of the herpes. We split cos we where arguing all the time. We get on better as friends.
All though she has a guy lives with her now and I don't see anything of her. But that's a hole different cattle of fish I guss.

Actually, she sees it as a huge deal...that's why she lied. If you can't be honest with yourself and live true, then it's a gigantic thing in your life.

incognitowithh said:
Actually, she sees it as a huge deal...that's why she lied. If you can't be honest with yourself and live true, then it's a gigantic thing in your life.

HA, You know. Maybe your right about that.
You just kinder knocked me back a bit there.

How old you?

I have to go now but ye that last post has really got me thinking.

You seem a totally cool girl :)

Bluey said:
incognitowithh said:

HA, You know. Maybe your right about that.
You just kinder knocked me back a bit there.

How old you?

I have to go now but ye that last post has really got me thinking.

You seem a totally cool girl :)

I'm 31 and never had a problem with dating until I got this. I'm still quite popular amongst the other "herpsters", but I'm very selective.

mintymint said:
((((Hugs)))) :(

Thanks, Minty.

EveWasFramed said:
cheaptrickfan said:

They obviously don't know what they're gonna be missing.

Well whatever, I give up. I am going to be alone until I die. I just have to accept that.

Oh, and it was in an email no less. God that's fun.

Latest posts

Back