Where am i wrong?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radiantguy

Reaction score
Hello i m 26 yrs old guy. The only problem is i m lonely in my life. I can make lots of friends in a few moments but when it comes to relationships i freeze. I cant do anything.

I dont drink at all nor do i smoke. Most of my friends refuse to party with me as i dont drink alcohol and hence remain serious. So after having all friends i m lonely.

Is it so bad that i dont drink and smoke? My outings get restricted due to these 'limitations!'. Usually you meet people to hang around in bars, in smoking get together or house parties where most of the youth is full of alcohol.

Where am i wrong? Should i start drinking and smoking to get regular friends to hang?

Why so serious?

There is nothing wrong with not drinking or smoking, I don't do either and went out with my friends. But I'm a bit off my rocker to start so that helps :D Just loosen up a bit, I had a lot of fun and never drank a drop of alcohol. PLUS there's a bonus to being the non drinker (at bars) being the DD you can get your drinks for free. I don't like doing this because I just don't drink so I like to pay for my pop. You'll get waitresses that will refuse to let you pay though.

There's nothing wrong with not drinking or smoking. But not doing those things doesn't mean you have to be serious. You can have a good time without drinking or smoking, and without being so serious. Also, I'd look into getting real friends if they don't want to be around you because you don't drink or smoke. Shouldn't matter what you do or don't do, your true friends at least ask if you want to come along.

Sci-Fi said:
Why so serious?

There is nothing wrong with not drinking or smoking, I don't do either and went out with my friends. But I'm a bit off my rocker to start so that helps :D Just loosen up a bit, I had a lot of fun and never drank a drop of alcohol. PLUS there's a bonus to being the non drinker (at bars) being the DD you can get your drinks for free. I don't like doing this because I just don't drink so I like to pay for my pop. You'll get waitresses that will refuse to let you pay though.

Thanks for your response.....Will keep this in mind.
But why do i freeze when i really want to ask someone out..else to make that very person a friend and talk of everything is soooo easy

Stop having friends that only drink and smoke and go to bars.

Stop thinking bars are the places to pick women up.

Go to the grocery store or the coffee shop. Real women, not drunk whores.

It's just human nature radiantguy, asking someone out brings up so many more emotions and fears than it should. No one likes to be shot down, but if you don't take that risk you never learn and grow from the experience.

Joseph said:
Stop having friends that only drink and smoke and go to bars.

Stop thinking bars are the places to pick women up.

Go to the grocery store or the coffee shop. Real women, not drunk whores.

I 2nd this!

radiantguy said:
Hello i m 26 yrs old guy. The only problem is i m lonely in my life. I can make lots of friends in a few moments but when it comes to relationships i freeze. I cant do anything.

I dont drink at all nor do i smoke. Most of my friends refuse to party with me as i dont drink alcohol and hence remain serious. So after having all friends i m lonely.

Is it so bad that i dont drink and smoke? My outings get restricted due to these 'limitations!'. Usually you meet people to hang around in bars, in smoking get together or house parties where most of the youth is full of alcohol.

Where am i wrong? Should i start drinking and smoking to get regular friends to hang?

I had this problem when I was 18. Only drink one night a week, and eat a strict diet with no alcohol for the rest of the weak. It's good you have friends.

Here's the deal. No one's going to give you an "award" for not drinking. You've already stated that not drinking causes you to be socially isolated. Therefore, you refusal to drink does nothing good for you. It hurts you. I'm not a fan of drinking either, but I do it once a week as a social lubricant.

Smoking doesn't matter though. I know zero people who pick on someone for never smoking. Just some people do it when drunk. What the hell are "smoking get togethers"?

radiantguy said:

I had this problem when I was 18. Only drink one night a week, and eat a strict diet with no alcohol for the rest of the weak. It's good you have friends.

Here's the deal. No one's going to give you an "award" for not drinking. You've already stated that not drinking causes you to be socially isolated. Therefore, you refusal to drink does nothing good for you. It hurts you. I'm not a fan of drinking either, but I do it once a week as a social lubricant.

Smoking doesn't matter though. I know zero people who pick on someone for never smoking. Just some people do it when drunk. What the hell are "smoking get togethers"?

SocratesX said:
radiantguy said:

Ho, Thanks for your reply, Smoking get togethers means all of them get together and drink water pipe / huokka / sheesha ...this happens all nght loong...me dont smoke so dont even enter the room (for me it the smoke chimmney :p)

Yes start to drink some beer but avoid the smoking..Ofc dont be alcoholic about it but have a 6 pack with ur party friends and im sure you blend in perfect :)

Another piece of advice, if you want to meet a girl...ditch the friends. Go out solo. Friends can, at times, be more of a hindrance than anything. Especially if one is always the "dude" who hits on the "chicks". Go solo to places. Meet people.

Latest posts

Back