Who do you most admire and why?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naleena

Reaction score
I most admire Mother Tereasa because of her love for those who were poor and sick. I also admire her because she was a humble, simple woman who gave her life to helping others. She was a true humanatarian who stood up for what she believed in.

I simply admire all people who were born into or had to overcome hardships to make their dreams come true.
And others who can sacrifice themselves for someone else.

Sokrates. Sokrates was unafraid of speaking out from a purely ethical standpoint even when this ran contrary to the climate of the political situation in which he lived. Even when on trial (for political reasons) he refused to simply accept the status quo, indeed, barely took his trial seriously, which greatly contributed to his receiving of the death penalty.
I admire his attitude, the fact that he thought for himself rather than allowing others to dictate how he should behave, and the courage of his convictions to die for what he believed in.

loketron said:
i most admire barack obama. politics may be corrupt but if he sticks to what he says hell do then america will be lookin good by the end of his first term.

lol, no comment. Never discuss politics or religion with friends.:p

Naleena said:
I most admire Mother Tereasa because of her love for those who were poor and sick. I also admire her because she was a humble, simple woman who gave her life to helping others. She was a true humanatarian who stood up for what she believed in.

There are a lot of people that I admire...some historical figures, humanitarians, etc.

But, I'll name a person that I have personal experience with...
Naleena

I can only aspire to be as giving as her. I've never seen an instance when she hasn't been willing to sacrifice for others. She truly makes the world a better place. Or at least our little corner of it. :)

There's a woman at my work, She's my hero! Been working there for 15 years, and shes so full of energy. She's ALWAYS so kind, to every customer, and to us who work with her. I don't know how she keep it up. If she asks you about your day and you say something negative, she can turn anything into something positive. Just makes you smile. Everybody loves her, and I wish I could be like her, but she got something special that I can only dream of having ^^

Mother Tereasa did not get enough recognition for he work I don't think. Over here princes DI died at the same time as Mother Tereasa and there was hardly anything about it on the TV as it was all princes DI. I can remember delivering fast food on the day that princes DI died and there was ppl crying who had never even meat her. But I did not see one person cry over Mother Tereasa. Even at the time this seemed crazy to me and even moor crazy that ppl and so many ppl would cry over someone they had never meet. What a Stupid foolish world we live in.

But ye like Incognita said I too would go along with that.

I think I most admire those people that face up to the tragedy in their lives and move on.

I don't want to sound arrogant but I kind of admire myself at the moment...I am going to counselling and am trying to face up to the demons I have...I am really proud of myself.

davechaos said:
I think I most admire those people that face up to the tragedy in their lives and move on.

I don't want to sound arrogant but I kind of admire myself at the moment...I am going to counselling and am trying to face up to the demons I have...I am really proud of myself.

Good on ye mate :) I to admire them ppl and you for that. Easy to have tragedy happen to you, Not so easy to move on from it.

Looking back i believed I had no heroes. Thinking today I wonder if I simply did not acknowledge them. I always thought humanity in general as a bit of a waste of potential even when I was younger. And I thought whoever would deserve to be my hero would actually have to not be idealize, and I would have to make sure I could see their gigantic flaws.
And I thought maybe George Carlin might be my hero but I am not sure he might of just been a person who said things I agree with. Then I thought maybe my aunt was my hero, as her and I think a like about somethings and get along really well. But then I think she did just influence my life since I was very young.
So I guess I am back to square one on thinking I have no heroes.

davechaos said:

You should be proud of yourself and I am proud of you too!
You've gone through a lot and still are a wonderful, loving person. Ya know what Dave? That says a lot about you.
((((((((((((((((((((((((Dave))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

EveWasFramed said:
But, I'll name a person that I have personal experience with...
Naleena

I can only aspire to be as giving as her. I've never seen an instance when she hasn't been willing to sacrifice for others. She truly makes the world a better place. Or at least our little corner of it. :)

You are EXACTLY like me...only spicier! Miss Sassy!....lol

My Hero is Vash from Trigun. He will spare any life it at all possible. He smiles even though pain. He doenst bost that he could kill all humanity. He doesnt even let most know how truly powerfull he is. He may be ficinal but hes my hero.

Latest posts

Back