Who else loves Joker???

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I watched the Joker it changed my life, I totally loved the film. I felt like omg, what he did to that woman is what so many men do to me. I cant even just be friendly with them in a elevator without them making up some fantasy in their heads that I am in love with them and I am their girlfriend. So many stalking episodes due to that nonsense. I could never put a finger on it, and there it was, in living colour, exactly what happens to me.

When I watched the Joker it changed my life, I totally loved the film. I felt like omg, what he did to that woman is what so many men do to me. I cant even just be friendly with them in a elevator without them making up some fantasy in their heads that I am in love with them and I am their girlfriend. So many stalking episodes due to that nonsense. I could never put a finger on it, and there it was, in living colour, exactly what happens to me.
You're supposed to sympathize with him too. It's meant to be a sympathetic character.

Last edited:
You're supposed to sympathize with him too. It's meant to be a sympathetic character.
You know I did sympathise with him for getting jumped on the train, his mothers insanity and things of that nature but the biggest takeaway was the direct correlation with my life. Something powerful about seeing it, seeing someone else totally innocent, being wrapped up in someones fantasy world.

That movie is depressingly sad, because it's a pretty accurate representation of social inconsistencies and how and why our structuring around it is flawed. It's a great movie. I've only watched it twice, once with my mother and once with my best friend, but I probably won't watch it again though. Just, because that's a bit too surreal.

I'm getting a bit soft like that as I get older. When I was a kid, I used to love the Mad Max films, and the early Fallout computer games, mostly anything post-apocalyptic I thought was a cool sci-fi spin. But as I got older and learned more about the world I'm in, gradually I kinda got to where it's difficult for me to enjoy certain things that are too representative of reality. I think largely in part because it's noticeably fvcked up.

I have trouble watching things like Black Mirror for the exact same reason. While I absolutely love the show, I think what we should be doing instead of making a plethora of media representations of systemic issues is you know, ACTUALLY address and attempt to improve the systemic issues that influence these kinds of things to come into fruition as a medium in the first place??

That's kind of what we're supposed to do as both a species and as a society.
Why did we build buildings? We built buildings to protect us from weather conditions and to try to improve our quality of life and not go extinct.
Why did we advance medicine? We advanced medicine because human suffering is nearly as painful to watch as it is to experience, and also because being alive is kind of really important.

So why the fvck don't we address and do something about the kind of systemic problems that cause these kinds of media formalities to come into existence in the first place?

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy them as the entertainment mediums that they are, but I have to take them in smaller doses because if they don't make me really sad than they will make me really angry and I kind of don't like being either of those things.

For anyone who's not read it Alan Moore's 'The Killing Joke' is well worth a read. When it was published 35 years ago it was instantly hailed by critics as the 'greatest Batman story ever told.'.

Honestly one of the reasons I loved this Joker movie was because it really wasn't a comic book movie.
Other than his name being Joker and the makeup, it was just about a guy who had really bad luck, was treated horribly by the world, and then got some measure of revenge in the end. I can't foresee any sequel of this Joker story that would go into the batman stuff. Not that I have anything against the Batman movies. I am sure that they were very entertaining. It's just that this film told a story from the point of view of a guy whose point of view we don't often get to see. And I was rooting for him.

I might be remembering wrong, it's been a while since I've seen that movie, but I don't think Joker did anything wrong shooting those guys. They assaulted him, it was self-defense.

Am I missing something?

I might be remembering wrong, it's been a while since I've seen that movie, but I don't think Joker did anything wrong shooting those guys. They assaulted him, it was self-defense.

Am I missing something?
No you have it right.
Those guys on the train beat the hell out of him simply because he was laughing (which he had no control over). And they made sure to humiliate him as well. Typical HS/College frat boy bullies. And this was after a gang stole his sign and beat the hell out of him when gave chase and tried to retrieve it. You very rarely see movies that tell the story from that point of view.

EDIT:
I suppose a DA would argue that the guy he shot while running away was not self defense. But he had it coming nonetheless.

Vaguely related. The student magazine on campus has changed over the years from irreverent and funny, to being tedious, full of lecturing wokescold essays no-one reads. Anyway, the all-female editors/contributors were discussing movies, Joker was mentioned, and all that was said was "gross."

Last edited:
Vaguely related. The student magazine on campus has changed over the years from irreverent and funny, to being tedious, full of lecturing wokescold essays no-one reads. Anyway, the all-female editors/contributors were discussing movies, Joker was mentioned, and all that was said was "gross."
Maybe they'll like the musical sequel?
It will have Lady Gaga as Harley Quinn.
They like her, right?
She's one of the icons for the "woke feminists", I think.

No you have it right.
Those guys on the train beat the hell out of him simply because he was laughing (which he had no control over). And they made sure to humiliate him as well. Typical HS/College frat boy bullies. And this was after a gang stole his sign and beat the hell out of him when gave chase and tried to retrieve it. You very rarely see movies that tell the story from that point of view.

EDIT:
I suppose a DA would argue that the guy he shot while running away was not self defense. But he had it coming nonetheless.
I haven't seen the movie yet, so in my defense, I'm kind if talking out of my arse lol, but let me tell you this; I'll likely enjoy the movie, but be unsympathetic to the character's plight or see him as a victim of society, simply because of the way I view life. Free will.
Ultimately, despite whatever happened to him, he chose evil and there's no excuses for that.

It's like the whole way we deal with criminals or mental illness. "It's not my fault, it's society" or "I'm sick, I didn't know any better" isn't something that resonates much with me. Evil is evil and if you do the crime, you pay the time.
I'm not one of those "Ohhh, I love the bad guy" guys lol. Superman over Luthor, Luke over Vader, Batman over Joker. 😜

I haven't seen the movie yet, so in my defense, I'm kind if talking out of my arse lol, but let me tell you this; I'll likely enjoy the movie, but be unsympathetic to the character's plight or see him as a victim of society, simply because of the way I view life. Free will.
Ultimately, despite whatever happened to him, he chose evil and there's no excuses for that.

It's like the whole way we deal with criminals or mental illness. "It's not my fault, it's society" or "I'm sick, I didn't know any better" isn't something that resonates much with me. Evil is evil and if you do the crime, you pay the time.
I'm not one of those "Ohhh, I love the bad guy" guys lol. Superman over Luthor, Luke over Vader, Batman over Joker. 😜
This is different though.
It's absolutely not the super criminal mastermind joker.
This is just a poor guy who works low paying job as an agency clown and is treated horribly because he is awkward and different.
This is not the "Jack Nicholson" joker.
It's really not even any Joker from the comic books.
It's pretty much any guy who was mercilessly picked on in school.
Watch the movie. It's very unique.

This is different though.
It's absolutely not the super criminal mastermind joker.
This is just a poor guy who works low paying job as an agency clown and is treated horribly because he is awkward and different.
This is not the "Jack Nicholson" joker.
It's really not even any Joker from the comic books.
It's pretty much any guy who was mercilessly picked on in school.
Watch the movie. It's very unique.
It's the Joker.
It's a madman who enjoys seeing others suffer and who what happened in his past as an excuse to inflict the same. He's the bad guy. He needs to be stopped.
You have to read that in Kevin Conroy's voice 😉
I will, it's on the list. Someday lol

Latest posts

Back