Who thinks this site is becoming too dysfunctional

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[
Firstly, you will kindly explain how anybody could feel "humiliated" by my comment about essays. Why would you even believe it was aimed at you? It was in reply to your criticism of people leaving short greeting messages upon a member greeting the forum.

Well I do...and mabe more people would take it that way

Finally, yes, this reply does have an edge that was lacking from my original. I do not appreciate being told what I think or believe, and you will kindly refrain from doing so in future. Thank you.
[/quote]

Steel said.....All I can think is that you expected a fight... and when you didn't get one, you have tried to make it look as if I was being defensive. Errr, yes, ok, if that's what you want to believe, but as I have never had anything to hide, it seems a bit odd, if you don't mind me saying so.

Ooppss!!!

Just give me a break and have a nice day you as well;)

Sara said:

Well, if you could explain how you interpreted it as an insult, I would appreciate the honesty.

You have a very nice day too :)

Lonesome Crow said:
Dose anyone know that words and chords to cumbaya?:p

Sitting still makes me dizzle....man

I need someone to massage my brain. I lack it the intelligents
so I don't how in hell I ma get releave when asked to join an
normal conversation.
yep just for you Lonesome:)

Song title Kurt Carr
Artist Kumbaya
Album Kumbaya Lord Kumbaya
Kumbaya, oh
Kumbaya Lord Kumbaya
Kumbaya

Somebody needs You Lord Kumbaya
Kumbaya, oh
Somebody needs You Lord Kumbaya
Kumbaya

Somebody's praying Lord Kumbaya
Kumbaya, oh
Somebody's praying Lord Kumbaya
Kumbaya

Oh Lord, oh Lord, oh Lord
Kumbaya
Oh Lord, Lord Kumbaya

I need a blessing Lord Kumbaya
Kumbaya, oh
I need a blessing Lord Kumbaya
Kumbaya

I need a miracle Kumbaya
Kumbaya, oh
I need a miracle Kumbaya
Kumbaya

Kumbaya
Oh Lord, Lord Kumbaya

Kumbaya
Oh Lord, Lord

Shower down on me
Shower down on me
I need You to shower down on me
Lord I'm down here praying
Lord I need a blessing

Steel said:
Sara said:

Well, if you could explain how you interpreted it as an insult, I would appreciate the honesty.

You have a very nice day too :)

I kindly will tomorrow after a long sleep.....I, like Lonesome need some Kumbaya lyrics just right now,,

Good nite from Ireland my dear fellows
:club:

lmao, Rocket, people won't know that's an inside joke, but thank you for your restraint. :p ((hug))

Sara said:
I kindly will tomorrow after a long sleep.....I, like Lonesome need some Kumbaya lyrics just right now,,

Good nite from Ireland my dear fellows
:club:

Sleep well :club:

EveWasFramed said:
lmao, Rocket, people won't know that's an inside joke, but thank you for your restraint. :p ((hug))

Yep thank you to you two for ur restrain and the inside joke as well from me Sarita.

Hug for you as well Eve and good nite

hm i do kinda see what you mean sara

i guess, one problem is

for a lot of us here, we use this site not only for comfort when we are lonely,

but kinda a distraction, don't want that to sound bad,

but a place to come and kill time something to distract us from feeling bored and lonely,
cause for me when i get bored i get really lonely,
which is why i like to come and participate in some of the games here, look at funny pics and watch some funny videos,

chat about videogames and stuff

and many of the posts can seem repetitive, we wish we could always have some great inspirational and comforting advice to give the new members and other members, but unfortunatly we don't, so we try our best with some friendly and welcoming words

lols of course i'm pretty sure me and my short attention span may have something to do with the problem

i'm so hungry, i need food

i don't want to do my homework
*whines*

---sorry

:(

Chat related thing...not at all related to the thread, sorry. :)

Whilst I don't agree with a lot of the original post, there is certainly one thing I will agree does seem to be much more prominent that does detract from the accessibility of this site (even from when I first started to post here less than 18 months ago) for some people seems to be that very thing of inside jokes. To me this community now seems to contain a clique of which to be honest I have no wish to be part of yet I do find it detracts from the forum as a whole.

Inside jokes between people on the forum are not very inviting to the newer people to contribute to the site and are just confusing. The place is littered with this sort of thing now and this wasn't the case when I first started to come here at all.

Another thing is some people just seem to like the sound of their own voices, posting endless paragraphs about things they really have nothing to say anything about yet feel the need to do so anyway, or shorter posts to simply say 'hey look at me I'm on the internet'. I'm not sure if this is unintentional and innocent attention seeking or something more concious, but for some time now as a example I only have to see a certain user name at the top of a post and I automatically skip to the bottom of it. The same for someone else who feels the need to reply to everything they can just to supply their own 'I'm just a wacky crazy teenager' self conjured image down peoples throats for the 17th time that day.

There are a lot of people who come here for help and advice from other people who have experience in certain areas of life, who have a hell of a lot of good stuff to share. I just feel this is getting lost in a smaller group of users personal website. People come here full of hope about finding a new inviting place (and don't get me wrong, it genuinely is) and then find after a short while they aren't in 'the club' and leave.

I realise this might come off as a personal attack to a few people. It's not my intention at all really. I just wonder if it might be taken as a wake-up call to anyone to reads it and wonders if it's them taking the site in this direction, and sees they might think to value the site / community as a whole more than their own needs.

Although I think this site is very usefull, I know it could be better for me. But it seems that the way it is now works for a lot of people. They just make this place the way they want it to be and perhaps if you want to change it, go on and we'll see... I'm curious

Scott said:
Whilst I don't agree with a lot of the original post, there is certainly one thing I will agree does seem to be much more prominent that does detract from the accessibility of this site (even from when I first started to post here less than 18 months ago) for some people seems to be that very thing of inside jokes. To me this community now seems to contain a clique of which to be honest I have no wish to be part of yet I do find it detracts from the forum as a whole.

Inside jokes between people on the forum are not very inviting to the newer people to contribute to the site and are just confusing. The place is littered with this sort of thing now and this wasn't the case when I first started to come here at all.

Another thing is some people just seem to like the sound of their own voices, posting endless paragraphs about things they really have nothing to say anything about yet feel the need to do so anyway, or shorter posts to simply say 'hey look at me I'm on the internet'. I'm not sure if this is unintentional and innocent attention seeking or something more concious, but for some time now as a example I only have to see a certain user name at the top of a post and I automatically skip to the bottom of it. The same for someone else who feels the need to reply to everything they can just to supply their own 'I'm just a wacky crazy teenager' self conjured image down peoples throats for the 17th time that day.

There are a lot of people who come here for help and advice from other people who have experience in certain areas of life, who have a hell of a lot of good stuff to share. I just feel this is getting lost in a smaller group of users personal website. People come here full of hope about finding a new inviting place (and don't get me wrong, it genuinely is) and then find after a short while they aren't in 'the club' and leave.

I realise this might come off as a personal attack to a few people. It's not my intention at all really. I just wonder if it might be taken as a wake-up call to anyone to reads it and wonders if it's them taking the site in this direction, and sees they might think to value the site / community as a whole more than their own needs.

The inside joke, was a convo between the member you speak of, and myself, and his tendancy to use certain words that others have complained that they find offensive. The member and I recently had a discussion and he volunteered to check his language. So, his post was just him letting me know that he was watching his language - nothing more. As for any cliques, well, Im not really sure about all of that, so I wont comment on something I dont have any knowledge of.
And by the way, Scott, I can't speak for anyone else, but I dont find what you're saying to be a personal attack, just you giving a polite opinion.
As for the way the forum is run...

Any suggestions from members are gladly excepted and discussed by the moderators. It's just better to PM one of us with it, rather than to make threads like this, for obvious reasons. We have gotten plenty of suggestions, feeback and comments this way, and take them all seriously.
No internet forum is going to be perfect and anyone who expects it to be, isn't being reasonable (this is a general comment, not directed at anyone here).
All of the moderators here take their jobs seriously and try to make sure that the decisions we make are for the good of everyone. There is never, EVER, going to be a time that EVERYONE is please by any given decision. The moderators all comment on the issues at hand and make these decisions accordingly. It's easy for some to sit back and judge our decisions and actions, while not having any responsibility for the forum.
I feel that we do the best we can. For every person who says we don't, I can give you two that says we do.
We volunteer a lot of time here but that is never mentioned - we are just scrutinized on a daily basis. Once in a while someone will stand up and say, "Hey, I think you guys are doing a good job." Being a moderator of a site as diverse as this one is NOT an easy task. I think everyone should give that a bit of thought as well.

Poor...EVE.

Always gotta have someone getting up in ya bussiness and giving you a hard time.
From whinney kiddies, young lonely dudes , to honey old farts...
Some can preceived that as being promiscuous..ya know:p

EveWasFramed said:
All of the moderators here take their jobs seriously

Wait...jobs? Like.. you guys are employed here? As in, getting paid?

Jesse said:
EveWasFramed said:
All of the moderators here take their jobs seriously

Wait...jobs? Like.. you guys are employed here? As in, getting paid?

ROFLMAO!!!!!! I wish :D

Minus said:
Sara said:
.... creating new intelingent threads were everybody can find a point of reference, suport and more insight regarding the issue of loneliness.

Please do create all you want, we would love to see them.

Yes, I'm excited to see some highly intelligent threads. I read a lot of threads, and even if I never respond, I like reading them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back