Why am I so lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geralt

Reaction score
I don't know why am I writing this but i hope there is someone that could help me. I am 16 yo but i've never felt so lonely in my life. I have no friends, no girlfriend..nothing ...Everyone in my family thinks im ok but im not. I always tell them im going out with friends..but im not ...I'm always going out alone..To the movies,concerts, school..everywhere it's only me. Maybe people hate me because I'm fat (I'm not very fat)..After primary school all so called "friends" disappeared from my life although we all live in circle of 15 miles. Few of them says hello when we meet but that't it. My "best friend" who i know for 10 years never calls me, never asks me how im doing.Of course i always text her on the phone and talk with her on facebook, but always I have to be one to start conversation...and that's conversation mostly contained of my questions and her answers..she never asks how are you or do you have any probs. That's same thing with all other so called friends from both old and highschool. They only talk to me or call me when they need something. I am like free yahoo questions..I am an good student and they always ask me for something. Many times I've saved their asses by taking their blame to myself and never got nothing back. is a simple "how are you" so hard to say...They are greedy little bastards...

First off , do not think people hate you because of how you look , yes some people judge from appearances but most change the way they see you after they get too know you. Second it seems the people that are supposed to be your friends aren't compatible with you , do you have anything in common with them ? Allot of people only hang out with people that are the same as them , maybe you have to keep looking for your group.
Also it seems people take advantage of your good nature , it's good to be the nice guy but people usually trample such people because they see the nice part as a weakness.
It's easier said than done but try finding people that are more like you or people who appreciate those like you. I don't like to tell people to change for others but if your okay with it you could try to change a bit to fit in with others or at least act like them.

I think you have a self-esteem, self-confidence issue.

I know what your going through, I myself will soon be 16 in a few months. I don't have friends, never had a girlfriend, and don't even go out; so we're pretty much on the same page. The only difference is that I was fat before, and now I am not. It has very much boosted my self-esteem and I already feel confident enough to talk to people.

And if you are a little bit fat, doesn't matter, I have seen people like you have friends. The only thing you can do is diet and exercise! Trust me it works.

You have a huge advantage too! Your in school, you can easily talk to people and meet new people. All you have to do is feel confident and be outgoing; that is basically everything that is needed. If your current "friends" don't listen to you and want nothing with you, F them. Find new people. I know, your thinking that it is impossible, but it is not. All you have to do is say "Hey" and talk to them.

You're living in this world. And if you're going out alone - Then you're going out alone. You don't need to hide from anyone. Be yourself and say the truth.
Let the people judge and forget otherwise you'll end up staying inside.

Good luck!

Geralt said:
I don't know why am I writing this but i hope there is someone that could help me. I am 16 yo but i've never felt so lonely in my life. I have no friends, no girlfriend..nothing ...Everyone in my family thinks im ok but im not. I always tell them im going out with friends..but im not ...I'm always going out alone..To the movies,concerts, school..everywhere it's only me. Maybe people hate me because I'm fat (I'm not very fat)..After primary school all so called "friends" disappeared from my life although we all live in circle of 15 miles. Few of them says hello when we meet but that't it. My "best friend" who i know for 10 years never calls me, never asks me how im doing.Of course i always text her on the phone and talk with her on facebook, but always I have to be one to start conversation...and that's conversation mostly contained of my questions and her answers..she never asks how are you or do you have any probs. That's same thing with all other so called friends from both old and highschool. They only talk to me or call me when they need something. I am like free yahoo questions..I am an good student and they always ask me for something. Many times I've saved their asses by taking their blame to myself and never got nothing back. is a simple "how are you" so hard to say...They are greedy little bastards...

Sounds like you have self confidence issues, is it possible you could make more effort with them? It is interesting that you would say "I'm fat, but not that fat" like your unsure of yourself. What ever the reasons you need to take control now. I had the same stuff going on at your age and I am now 30 and things never got any better. So take control, talk to someone, counseling or something.

Maybe I have self confidence issues cuz I just feel weird when i walk by groups of people. I feel embarrassed when I walk by people (alone, when I am with someone it feels better). I'm just afraid that someone will say "hey fat ass" when I walk by them. I get confused in crowd, I can;t act normal, stuff fall from my hands sometimes. I have lost 20 pounds over last few weeks, but it feels the same. I don't want a friend that will talk to me over some stupid social networks, I wanna friends that want to hang out live. I would like to find a girl, but not the bi**es from facebook. I want a girl that wants to walk at evenings, go to movies( I can't believe that none of the couples I see and know have never went to movies), listen to normal music and not be dressed as whore. I've never had sex before , in fact i've never kissed a girl and people call me gay cuz of that. I could lie that I have done that but i don't want to and even then no one would believe me. Since people from my school talk to me rarely I decide to help them if they ask me but that just makes them want more , and I never hear "thanks". I always go alone at class-breaks, I eat alone, and it's just so embarrassing. They have class parties, and somehow everyone is invited except me. But I know they can't be problem cuz there are millions of people with their opinion . Maybe i ask too much of people. I am sick of people saying stupid things, of people who insult other people.I just want friends who will call me or come at my place from time to time for no reason. When I call someone and say whats up they say "hey what do ya want(or need) . I say that i just wanted to check what is he/she doing and they just say ..ok, i have to go ..people are so weird.

Geralt said:
Maybe I have self confidence issues cuz I just feel weird when i walk by groups of people. I feel embarrassed when I walk by people (alone, when I am with someone it feels better). I'm just afraid that someone will say "hey fat ass" when I walk by them. I get confused in crowd, I can;t act normal, stuff fall from my hands sometimes. I'

Well its defiantly about self confidence and possible anxiety also. The good news is that there is loads you can do, but teenagers and guys especially are very bad at getting help. The bad news if you dont take control of it then it is likely to run out of control and lead to depression and stuff.

Is it possible for you to join a gym? I found that joining a gym made me feel better in myself, more self confident and less panicy when I was out. It also gives me something to do so I am not bored all the time. It would also help get your wight down a bit which sounds like it would help (you seem to be uncomfortable with your weight).

Other than that there are various helplines, groups and all sorts who can help you with this stuff.

You should talk to your doctor about this stuff but DON'T GO ON ANY PILLS FOR IT unless your nearly suicidal. They mess up your sex drive and can lead to lifelong impotence. Ask to be referred for Cognitive Behavior Therapy. In addition to that you can make an appointment at your local MIND center, they can off or refer you for various types of help including group activities and web links.

Speaking of web links I have one you might like to try:
http://moodgym.anu.edu.au/welcome

At first, I didn't care what people say, but now I do. Still, there is nothing that could make me think about suicide and I am pretty sure it never will. I have my life to live, I don't want to end it , I want to make it better. I don't see a need for medication. I just need someone to talk to, to show my feelings. I might start going to gym, thats a good idea.

Geralt said:
At first, I didn't care what people say, but now I do. Still, there is nothing that could make me think about suicide and I am pretty sure it never will. I have my life to live, I don't want to end it , I want to make it better. I don't see a need for medication. I just need someone to talk to, to show my feelings. I might start going to gym, thats a good idea.

Well even just chatting with people on here is better than nothing so keep it up, don't keep things all to yourself

Geralt said:

If you really don't want to be lonely...you should have a little faith in Jesus. Jesus is the best friend you could ever have. Pray and envite him into your life and into everything you do. He is willing and he wants to be there. Call on him, he's been waiting on you. He's the God that's more than enough. He wants your time and your friend ship. He died so you could have him. I was the loneliest person...I really needed a friend something bad but now I could really care less. Jesus is my everything. God takes care of all my needs. He's always there to help me in any situation. He's the pefect companion for the broken, or broken hearted. You should google him and see what he's all about. He offers so much more than just friend ship. He's closer than a brother. You need to wait on him. Don't give up. Trust him. Trust him. Trust him. He's the best thing that's ever happend to me. He's also the most over looked human being i've ever known. He want's you. he wants your truble, and your time. Start with him. He's the beginning to the end of every hurting situation. I promise you he will be there when you call on him. Just seek a relationship with him. He will love you. He already does. He did so much he died for you.

God Bless,
-Katy

If you havn't eccepted him as your savior...your going to have to do that.

"Heavenly Father, have mercy on me, a sinner. I believe in you and that your word is true. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that he died on the cross so that I may now have forgiveness for my sins and eternal life. I know that without you in my heart my life is meaningless.
I believe in my heart that you, Lord God, raised Him from the dead. Please Jesus forgive me, for every sin I have ever committed or done in my heart, please Lord Jesus forgive me and come into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior today. I need you to be my Father and my friend.

I give you my life and ask you to take full control from this moment on; I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ."

Amen.

KatyAD said:
Geralt said:

If you really don't want to be lonely...you should have a little faith in Jesus. Jesus is the best friend you could ever have. Pray and envite him into your life and into everything you do. He is willing and he wants to be there. Call on him, he's been waiting on you. He's the God that's more than enough. He wants your time and your friend ship. He died so you could have him. I was the loneliest person...I really needed a friend something bad but now I could really care less. Jesus is my everything. God takes care of all my needs. He's always there to help me in any situation. He's the pefect companion for the broken, or broken hearted. You should google him and see what he's all about. He offers so much more than just friend ship. He's closer than a brother. You need to wait on him. Don't give up. Trust him. Trust him. Trust him. He's the best thing that's ever happend to me. He's also the most over looked human being i've ever known. He want's you. he wants your truble, and your time. Start with him. He's the beginning to the end of every hurting situation. I promise you he will be there when you call on him. Just seek a relationship with him. He will love you. He already does. He did so much he died for you.

God Bless,
-Katy

If you havn't eccepted him as your savior...your going to have to do that.

"Heavenly Father, have mercy on me, a sinner. I believe in you and that your word is true. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that he died on the cross so that I may now have forgiveness for my sins and eternal life. I know that without you in my heart my life is meaningless.
I believe in my heart that you, Lord God, raised Him from the dead. Please Jesus forgive me, for every sin I have ever committed or done in my heart, please Lord Jesus forgive me and come into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior today. I need you to be my Father and my friend.

I give you my life and ask you to take full control from this moment on; I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ."

Amen.

Stop preaching. If god existed and was everywhere you would not need to spread the word would you - he could do it himself.

LMFAO @ KatyAD. Stop the preaching.

Oh by the way the best friend you can ever have is Superman, he has better powers than Jesus and will actually save you if you are in trouble.

Latest posts

Back