Why Are You Lonely?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fb85, you possess one of the most incredibly close-minded attitudes imaginable. Making a decision as to what to eat must be agonizing for you, especially if it's someone from the female gender making it for you.

1. As a child I was ostracized and severely bullied for having eczema.

2. Because my mother could not afford a babysitter I spent hours sitting alone in the house as child waiting for her to come home from work from 3:00pm, when I came home from school, until about 10:00pm at night. As a result, I spent a lot of time in the house watching other kids play and ride their bikes with their parents instead engaging with other children.

3. I am very easy person to relate to. I don't like a lot of movies, music, and other stuff that other young people my age are interested in. How many kids do you know that like Francois Truffaut and Federico Fellini?

To be honest, I'm suprised any guy today is able to find a girlfriend or female friends. I will say this, if you do, it means you are one of the chosen ones. Because you are DEFINETLY not choosing.

One thing I would like most girls to know is that every time you are out in public wether it be work or schooling, that guy you don't say hi to may just be someone like me, living the same life, stuck in the same dead end predicament. That kind of goes hand in hand with the "reaching out" concept of a person who may be suicidal. I talked about this before on another post. We will often theorize on someone who may be suicidal, and don't reach out to them. Then when they die, we wish we could have reached out.

Really, you don't how how good of a deed it could be to just acknowledge someone and say "hello". If you only knew.

Everyone needs to know that other people like them, appreciate them, care for them, this stuff is natural. It can't all come from oneself. We are social creatures. We want to be wanted. Just like a man defines his manlihood. He wants to know that his opposite sex is interested in him. Natural stuff.

Firebird85 stop the gender bashing/stereotyping. You've been asked indirectly to cut it out in other threads. No more.

firebird85 said:
To be honest, I'm suprised any guy today is able to find a girlfriend or female friends. I will say this, if you do, it means you are one of the chosen ones. Because you are DEFINETLY not choosing.

You are wrong. I will be friends when I am old and gray with a woman who right now does a **** good job of making me feel like she couldn't care less if I walked away. But I know she doesn't feel that way, and despite my angry feelings, I know I don't want to walk away. I will not walk away. That is my choice. She will not walk away as I walk towards her. That is her choice. Asymmetrically, we are both making choices that I am certain will lead to lifelong friendship.

It often takes work, firebird. It often takes work.

uhm... terrible childhood at home, bullied at school, very sensitive, too smart, most of all social phobia, hidden behind a very fake smartass façade, not easy to connect with a person like that... and yes, 6 years in a wheelchair, that also didn't help, I guess

I have not bad, but not the best teeth, I have a "hooked" nose, I am an alcohol (more so as a coping mechanism), and even though I've been going out to pubs and discoteques almost every night I've yet to get even a kiss. And I have a mild speech impediment, which makes me not want to talk.

I dislike where I live and feel that I have very little, if anything, in common with the majority of people around me in Scotland. For over 10 years now when I was about 13 years old, all I've ever wanted to do was talk to people online and meet more interesting people around the world. As the years have gone by I've become a lot better at talking to people over the internet than I am now to people offline. I do have friends offline too, but I've decided that I just don't enjoy myself with any of them in comparison to hanging out on here with my online friends, usually gaming on Steam.
Luckily enough though... I've been getting shoved along a bit by my mother to attend job interviews and such, I'm gradually getting better at talking to people off of the internet now. Ever since I finished college almost 3 years ago and had also lost my long-term girlfriend, I feel that I've barely done anything that is worthwhile - the slow and somewhat dead job market over here isn't helping me out any either...

Just the fact that when Im out at some social event and before it I already know Im probably going to have to put on that act that I'm just like everyone else there. If your that type of person like I am, you probably do not want to have to try and impress everyone with your talkative personality and be so happy and friendly so everyone will like you. That isnt how the world works and that's not how most people are all the time, yet at those social events you'll catch everyone doing it to one another and they all go along with it and before you know it all those people have formed little connections at this social event and I'm standing there like really? your buying this? Hardly anyone has consistency, your best friend at the party to fit in, then you won't see them again for months.
Every weekend if your around that 18 year old range and you got out with people who you've never really met, that's exactly what happens. Every time, just an act.

Rizno said:
I dislike where I live and feel that I have very little, if anything, in common with the majority of people around me in Scotland. For over 10 years now when I was about 13 years old, all I've ever wanted to do was talk to people online and meet more interesting people around the world. As the years have gone by I've become a lot better at talking to people over the internet than I am now to people offline. I do have friends offline too, but I've decided that I just don't enjoy myself with any of them in comparison to hanging out on here with my online friends, usually gaming on Steam.
Luckily enough though... I've been getting shoved along a bit by my mother to attend job interviews and such, I'm gradually getting better at talking to people off of the internet now. Ever since I finished college almost 3 years ago and had also lost my long-term girlfriend, I feel that I've barely done anything that is worthwhile - the slow and somewhat dead job market over here isn't helping me out any either...

What are they like in Scotland?

Limlim said:
Rizno said:

What are they like in Scotland?

Possibly not much different than your regular world-wide party-goers, specifically in the town I live in, everyone's idea of having a good time is going for a drink at the 'pub'. If I want to meet people, I'd have to go to the 'pub' - which really doesn't say much for meeting many interesting people. On weekends in this town, it's all about going out and getting 'laid' - seemingly not much else based on the majority of people I know here. I guess if I lived in the city I would be able to meet more decent people, rather than just drunken morons that can't even finish a sentence before forgetting what they're talking about.

Sorry, being a bit bitter right now, lol.

Why. Because I'm alone. When I want someone to talk to no one is there. When i wanna just get out if the house. I have no one to be with. When I wanna complain no one wants to hear it. No one ever starts a conversation with me. It's always I have to start it. No one ever asked hey mike how are you? How you feelin? No I never get that. If I wanna just head to the movies I can't because I have no one to go with. I'm sick and tired of being like this. And every friend I seem to find that I like. They just Completly leave me high and dry. I'm a good guy I don't know what's wrong with me. It just seems like I can't keep a **** friend. And it's hard for me to make friends. I just want someone to be there for me. Through thick and thin. I want a best friend. But that's to much to ask for

Latest posts

Back