Why bother?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ApexRacer

Reaction score
I turned 30 today and I didn't eve get a happy birthday from who I call my best friend. I know I'm not at that point with her, but it just ruined my day because I think the world of her. I was even talking to her last week about it. I did nothing today. My life sucks. It just kills me inside. :(

Why bother is a good question. I ask that a lot too.

Why bother being alive? Why bother going to school? Why bother putting in the effort at work?

I can't tell you the secret to being alive, and nothing I can say will give you a reason to bother, but I can tell you reason why I keep going despite the sometimes debilitating emotions. I keep going because I know that it is conceivable that if I keep working at this whole being alive and human thing that some day I might become who I am meant to be. I might find my purpose.

Thank you! I'm really upset about this and it's making me cry. I just think everything of her and if I'm not anything to her then why do I bother? :(

ApexRacer said:
I turned 30 today and I didn't eve get a happy birthday from who I call my best friend. I know I'm not at that point with her, but it just ruined my day because I think the world of her. ... It just kills me inside. :(

I'm not sure what else to say except that I know how you feel, man. That's happened to me many times before. I wish us guys that have this happen to us could just figure out how to be good enough for the women we love. It's hard out there.

TheSkaFish said:
ApexRacer said:
I turned 30 today and I didn't eve get a happy birthday from who I call my best friend. I know I'm not at that point with her, but it just ruined my day because I think the world of her. ... It just kills me inside. :(

I'm not sure what else to say except that I know how you feel, man. That's happened to me many times before. I wish us guys that have this happen to us could just figure out how to be good enough for the women we love. It's hard out there.

That was right at the heart! My life story!

What else would we do? Talking to people involves, at the very least, the occasional miscommunication about expectations.

Option A: Solitude. Removal of the self from situations of cruelty, materialism, selfishness, apathy, and manipulation. Peace and quiet to live without facing negatives at every turn, in the worst-case scenarios overwhelming the positives and causing an individual to withdraw emotionally, mentally, or spiritually.

Option B: Socializing. Repeatedly exposing oneself to failure and every kind of cruelty imaginable (and many not, until you've encountered them) as a form of gambling. Hope that you win big and can appeal to majority tastes to reap the benefits, or find a few people who like you as you are and treat you with respect.

Some people are born blessed and can easily live a life of B using their natural traits. Others aren't. Some are strong enough to pack up their self-respect, move to a little mountain cabin in their soul, and live option A. Some aren't.

I'm really sorry about that. Life does often suck, you are right about that. I hope things get better for you in future.

The scumbags who control everything are really screwing up. In their shortsighted self-worship, they think making people apathetic and helpless will make us easier to manage, so they've been implementing Orwell's _1984_ ever since the enemy in the Second World War gave them the idea to do it. But it's having an unintended consequence: people not seeing a reason to go to school, hold down jobs, start families and do the other things that the scumbags in power need us to do in order for them to stay in power. What will they do when none of us can be bothered to swab their toilets, drive their limos or nanny their children because no threat of consequences can reach us? They certainly aren't capable of swabbing their own toilets, driving their own limos or raising their own children! So what will happen is that the world will fall apart and disappear. And we'll be the ones they blame for it because they never learn anything from experience.

Latest posts

Back