Why Can't People Stay Friends?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People move on Kelly... very seldom you'll find a person/group that really connects with you (not just in a fun, party kind of connection). Don't hold back on your current friends, be yourself and enjoy their company. You are lucky you are able to make new friends.

I have about 2 long time friends (used to be 3 but 1 died of cancer) we don't see or talk to each other as in everyday because I have stuff and they have stuff too in their lives... but whenever we would meet up it's just like old times. We catch up on things and drink ourselves silly :D Their families are like my families and vice versa. We do not put pressure on each other to be like conjoined twins... it's an easy kind of relationship. I don't expect a lot from other people like I don't want them to expect too much from me.

I've gone thru a lot of other friendships at work too. We had lunches together, camping trips, clubbing etc. but the thing is... it is transitory in nature. It's either they move on to another job or worked abroad (in my case I was the one who left). I try to keep in touch with them but... if the connection is no longer there... I move on. Just take/learn whatever you can from the people who cross your path. I am sure there is a purpose there somewhere why they crossed yours.

Latest posts

Back