Why do I want to be friends with a girl so bad?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeoneSomewhere

Reaction score
A few different things are going on in my head right now but I can't seem to pinpoint what they are so I haven't been participating here a lot. This is an attempt to get started.

One of the things that's really bothering me right now is this. I want to be friends with a girl really bad. I don't want to get into a relationship or anything even close to it but just completely platonic friendship.

One of the reasons why could be that almost every one of my friend has retained friendship with a girl from school while I can't even remember the name of any, even the ones who went to all-boys schools. So I feel like something's wrong with me for not having a friend and I really regret not being friends with any girl. Now, being in college, things aren't seem to be improving and I'm more awkward than I ever was, killing every chance of my finding a potential friend.

... trying really hard not to hit the cancel button...

Another reason could be that I want acceptance/approval of the female kind that I'm not completely unlikeable? I don't know.

The last possible thing I can think of is that I've been really struggling to find a wavelength with my guy-friends and I have drifted apart. The only time I talk to them (and vice-versa) is when I need something (or when they need anything from me) from them.

What do you guys think?

Welcome to the back-assed world of apathy !!

There's nothing wrong with you, you live in a world of shallow insecure, plastic people is all. They will only be your friend as long as you supply their needs, and as soon as that dries up.... they are gone so fast the vacuum they create in the room sucks the paint off the wall, and every bit of dignity you had left.

Just watch them very, very, closely , look at the way they treat themselves and each other...

You only want to be accepted for who you are... That's totally normal.... but they aren't normal.

It's like trying to feed Tigers vegetables, if it doesn't have your blood in it... They don't want it !! They only have friends and a girl... because they are willing donor receptacles is all, and have nothing left to give anyone else. They will only TAKE, and leave nothing in return.....

Is that what you feel like now.... used ?

Girls are soft and smell nice. This is a possible reason to want them around.

Corrected, for clarification.

Girls are just like guys. As in, all girls are different. Some are more masculine. Some guys are more feminine. Etc.

Instead of wanting to be friends with girls, because they are girls, why not try to just make friends?

I knew that comment would be misunderstood. God.

Hey there someone, usually it seems like guys tend to have the opposite problem, where they want a girlfriend and find friends instead. I don't know how much effort you have put into searching for a female friend, maybe it would help to put in the kind of effort some guys do when searching for a girlfriend. If you are already putting in a lot of effort, I really am not sure what to recommend. Just keep trying to meet people. Maybe try some new activities, find some that look interesting and tend to have a higher number of females. As long as they can tell you are not there only to pick up chicks to get them into bed, you should have a good chance at making some new friends. Hope this helps. Take care.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Girls are just like guys, except they have a vagina instead of a penis.

WHAT THE HELL ?? And you didn't know what a drug test was ??? And you don't know why I get so frustrated ??? Well... it's comments like that, .... I don't know what to say.... That's just messed up !!

LeaningIntoTheMuse.... we got to have a talk !!!

Part of the problem that guys have with girls are that they are too scared to talk to them, because they put them on a pedestal.

That's all I meant. Treat people equal. Battle of the sexes never wins.

I can sum up ALL guy's fears of talking to women in just 2 words.....

Lindsay Lohan !!

And they want the girl on a pedestal so they can look up their skirt !!

We live in a culture of instant gratification and self entitlement, allot of girls DEMAND to be put on a pedestal.... They demand everyone change or be perfect for them... They shoot themselves in the foot.

I don't have any problem talking to anyone, it's the crazy BS that spews out of their mouths that makes me back away. They lie like a drunk drinks ! If anyone wants my respect, they have to earn it... And that's the way I was taught, and that's the way it's supposed to be.

I'm am alone because I refuse to be lied to, most are alone because they refuse to hear the truth !!

Wait a second...

Are you saying that the only thing a woman is good for is for sex?

It just seems really sexist.

That is offensive, because I have to take prescription drugs because of a mood disorder and an anxiety disorder.

I asked you a simple question. It wasn't an attack. I read that in your statement here...

How is this NOT sexist towards women?

Seriously, I try to persuade guys (and I'm one of the guys, because god knows I've treated women differently because they are pretty) to treat women as equals, and I get attacked? By responding to something that was clearly sexist, and questioning it?

Sometimes I wonder why I even come around here anymore.

If anything it's sexist toward MEN....

You had said that guy's put them on a pedestal .... I was making a joke that is as old as dirt... and guy's are little horn dog's .....

I am sorry if you got offended ... None was meant... And I am sorry for the delusional crack too.

But it is in NO way sexist to women. You didn't question it... you flat out said it was.... this conversation is over and I will ignore all the little poke a prods you give from now on. I don't need it... I got enough of my own problems. Thank you very much.

Alienated said:
I can sum up ALL guy's fears of talking to women in just 2 words.....

Lindsay Lohan !!

We live in a culture of instant gratification and self entitlement, allot of girls DEMAND to be put on a pedestal.... They demand everyone change or be perfect for them... They shoot themselves in the foot.

I don't have any problem talking to anyone, it's the crazy BS that spews out of their mouths that makes me back away. They lie like a drunk drinks ! If anyone wants my respect, they have to earn it... And that's the way I was taught, and that's the way it's supposed to be.

I'm am alone because I refuse to be lied to, most are alone because they refuse to hear the truth !!

I'm not sure what you mean by " girls DEMAND to be put on a pedestal". In my experience women like to be treated with respect and decency. I've also noticed that some of them sometimes like to be told nice things, like that they're pretty. Fine with me really, since I love seeing a girl smile, and I do think they're pretty. I've never met a women who wanted to be put on a pedestal though.

I like to give everyone my respect, and they have it until they do something to lose it. I think I'll stick with my way, since I have no problem getting a date. But hey, if being angry works for you, um.....that's great, I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back