why do we need other human?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babyfoxhound

Reaction score
why so lonely? why should i need other human anyway? i only need them to get what i want. ie, i need other people to give me job, or to sell me the food i need. i also need other people to stroke my ego, but ive been coping for years with that. been creating imaginary voice to tell myself all that i need to hear. the result is so and so, but hey, i managed! really, do we really need other human being? i mean, beside to get what we need?

A wise woman once told me it's about acceptance.

I agree.

I'd add to that though, as I sit here pondering, that we also find meaning through acceptance. When someone or some thing accepts us and we truly belong, it gives us meaning (purpose).

Humans crave purpose.

Why are we here? We all struggle with that on the most fundamental level. If we are here to love and be loved, it's a pretty satisfying answer.

Very good, Sophia. Thanks for sharing. I liked her reference to "a couple of beer and a banana-nut muffin". So true.

Hell is other people
Sometimes it's their presence
Sometimes it's their absence

But to answer your question more directly,
I have a theory that it all stems from babyhood.
We were touched, cuddled, adored, played with, entertained, and the center of attention for the
first year or so of our lives, and we never ever ever get over not having some small sliver of that in our lives.
We spend the rest of our lives wondering what went wrong, why we're no longer wanted.

**** Edit:
Except for the "beautiful people" who spend their lives bemoaning the fact that the opposite sex is always "hitting on them."
(gosh, what a horrible burden to bear)

No you don't need other people, you could live a life without companionship and not be too bothered if it doesn't bother you. But if you do know people who share the same sentiments as you, same interests, same standards of behaviour is that not a pleasure you would enjoy?

Latest posts

Back