why I joined

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaede

Reaction score
Because I have been feeling very lonely for a long time now. Several years to be honest, but even more so in the last year. I started reading some of the threads here and I really feel for all of you. I know how much it hurts to feel lonely. I have been in very long, stable relationships for all my adult life, and now I am newly single. I actually left my marriage because I was so lonely in it, if that makes any sense. Now it's just a different kind of loneliness. It's really tough. I may not post a lot, but I thought this actually seems like a place where people can be nice and supportive of each other. BTW I am female, and I live in Canada. I haven't filled out my profile yet and I still need to decide how much I feel like I can say about myself....I'm kind of a private person so I'm not used to posting on forums. Maybe that will change....who knows? Thanks for reading.

Thanks. If anyone wants to ask me anything you can, and I will try to answer as best as I can. I am open to giving thoughtful opinions on subjects if anyone wants to have an adult female perspective on any questions. I am very health-concious, both physically and emotionally. I have always done the "right" thing in my life, always tried to be a good person, not judged others, see the good in everyone, and despite having an education, a good job, and long term relationships, I STILL can feel very lonely. I don't wish loneliness on anyone, but it's nice to know that I am not the only one who feels this way.

Hey Kaede.
Feel free to post as much as you would like. the people here ARE supportive, and i'm sure you'll find some smiles.

as long as you are careful not to post information that you would not want on the internet (phone nr, address, etc) - it's up to you.

i hope you will find better days.

Hi to everyone.

OK it does kind of make me smile to have a guy with the animated gif of the swinging noose being so encouraging about posting here.

I am kind of nervous about posting, or even being here. Ugh. I need to get over my online anxiety.

kaede said:
Hi to everyone.

OK it does kind of make me smile to have a guy with the animated gif of the swinging noose being so encouraging about posting here.

I am kind of nervous about posting, or even being here. Ugh. I need to get over my online anxiety.

Ah, one of the beauties of being an amateur animator, i suppose :)
(did you know, that the rope used for a hanging was supposed to bring good luck? i found it amusing. Seemed somewhat misguided, especially when taking into account the "luck" it's previous "owner" found. However... i suppose the disparity of the two roles assigned resonated with me, i suppose.)

in any case, i'm glad i made you smile.

don't be nervous. (Here's a possible joke. If they let me post - what have you to be afraid of? you seem like a nice, cool person.)

have no worries.

Well, truthfully I'm not used to talking about myself, and even less so online. I guess that's why reading some of the posts here has been such an eye-opener, that others feel loneliness too.

Also, I said "guy" in my earlier post about your noose gif, but I realize it's just as possible that you're a "gal"! At any rate, yes the animation coupled with your encouragement is the kind of thing that will make me smile/laugh.

kaede said:
Well, truthfully I'm not used to talking about myself, and even less so online. I guess that's why reading some of the posts here has been such an eye-opener, that others feel loneliness too.

Also, I said "guy" in my earlier post about your noose gif, but I realize it's just as possible that you're a "gal"! At any rate, yes the animation coupled with your encouragement is the kind of thing that will make me smile/laugh.

You know... neither was i, back when i joined. it does open one's eyes, and lends an anonymity. if everyone does feel alone, then why is it so hard to admit to it? i guess it is more common than we think.

i suppose everyone is scared, and alone. some hide it better. some learn to ignore. but it is rare that true happiness lingers in anyone's life.
i suppose someone thought that pain would be a more competent guide and teacher than happiness, when drawing up the blueprints for the world. i wish i could throw the glove of my disagreement to their face. perhaps one day.

(oh, and your first guess is good enough.)

Hello Kaede. I too felt lonely for years before I found ALL, then I became depressed. So I think loneliness can be a precursor to a sort of depressed personality....at least it was for me.

Welcome to ALL. :)

Welcome, kaede. I'm new here too. These wonderful people have brightened my spirits in just a few days. Simply amazing.

Latest posts

Back