why wont I ever be happy with normal guys

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elliehair

Reaction score
I had to do this post, I've grown up loving books and films, but it has rather ruined me for having a 'normal' relationship
What I mean is I love relationships where the guy isnt 'normal' for instance films like Beastly, or City of Angels.
But obviously it isnt real, and for that reason I find it hard to date normal guys, because I'd find it too 'normal', its crazy I know
In the Uk and probably other countries there are clubs for people for instance who like dressing up medieval style and they can stay in a castle etc
This is just an example but for me to be happy with a guy, he'd have to be unusual somehow
Hope this isnt too wierd !

No, it's actually a very normal reaction, and the main reason why I avoid 90% of media for perpetuating a false ideal.

People are too reliant on fairy tale bullshit.

Fairy tales deal with ideals and archetypes.

Real life deals in honeysuckle, blood and pain. Life's triumph is finding love, joy and peace after slogging through the aforementioned honeysuckle, blood and pain.

Expecting people to be like what you read in books or see in movies is stupid beyond words. No one can compare to Hercules - he didn't exist! Likewise with Mr. Darcy and sparkly-Edward or whateverthefuck Megan Fox's character is in Transformers movies.

Unfortunately its what appeals to me so I cant help but go for it (as in the films and books)
again films just about normal everyday relationships rarely appeal to me
im just sad

It helps to realize that everyone is special and that there is a story in everything.

I've had rather 'fairy-tale' relationships in some ways, but its just as tough in its own way. At the end of the day, there are bills to be paid and worries to be dealt with.

Well, everyone can be unusual. We all have quirky perks and something strange about us.

I sorta have the same thing, but not too bad. You can find people that have that exotic quality to them, but looking for them solely is probably a bad idea.

Everyone has weird honeysuckle they do, they just don't generally talk about it because everyone thinks its weird!

Elliehair said:
I had to do this post, I've grown up loving books and films, but it has rather ruined me for having a 'normal' relationship
What I mean is I love relationships where the guy isnt 'normal' for instance films like Beastly, or City of Angels.
But obviously it isnt real, and for that reason I find it hard to date normal guys, because I'd find it too 'normal', its crazy I know
In the Uk and probably other countries there are clubs for people for instance who like dressing up medieval style and they can stay in a castle etc
This is just an example but for me to be happy with a guy, he'd have to be unusual somehow
Hope this isnt too wierd !

So you like people who are unique and unusual? I know what you mean because I am like this too and I think there is nothing wrong with that at all, atleast those types are usually a bit more interesting.
Im a musician with a crazy imagination, love music which has great imagery (especially if it is epic fantasy, myth or scifi as it usually gives the best imagery), also love books and films especially if it is fantastical...

By the way I am an elf with druidic powers and can control the weather hence why I never ever get rained on. (Honest I AM an elf im not joking!!!) :p

i'm fairly certain that i'm quite abnormal.

i'm like charlie sheen...

"borrow my brain, be like dude can't handle it"

:D

Curse you, haberdasher!

Yes, 17 years with me left her quite unstable.

Pft. As long as you don't say,"I cannot be with normal guys because they're not.. sparkling vampires/mutants with adamantium claws/ etc.," we're good.

nerdygirl said:
Pft. As long as you don't say,"I cannot be with normal guys because they're not.. sparkling vampires/mutants with adamantium claws/ etc.," we're good.

- very nice tune and very apt thanks for sharing : >

Near to where I work they were filming World War Z (Brad Pitt) I went to take a look and the security guy chatted me up gave me his email and then when I said 'hi there' by email proceeded to inundate me with requests to meet you can guess what for
I often meet guys who are 'interesting' or 'different' but not in the way that I would be happy with, take for instance conventions I used to go to (for the series Beauty and the Beast) the host was great, he dressed as a creature to compare the events and he seemed to like me, our conversations were long deep and meaningful and when I'd have gone running to him had he asked (he lives in the US) it became obvious he too was only after the 'no obligations' relationship.
I sometimes even browse sites for vampires and such because being with a normal guy just doesnt appeal to me : <

I should say that here where I live in Malta, I'm probably considered odd myself, theyre very backward in thinking here, the fact Im a traditional witch would freak most of them out (very strong roman catholics) not to mention my interest in most thinks paranormal.
I tend not to say too much about myself because people start to look at you funny after a while

Latest posts

Back