why wont I ever be happy with normal guys

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
City of Angles....

I know whats its like to be in love with a dead woman.. Really...I felt her presence
everywhere I went. Wierd....

Thats why GOD created guys like me.
for not normal women like you.
Unpridictable and mysterious
Sets a woman soul on fire.

If you had ever listen to beautiful
music and is knowllegeable
about music theroy....

To play in harmoy dosnt necesasrry
mean uniformaty. You can hear various scakes played in diffrent ways .being played by different instrument .various mode
vrious vulome all at the sametime..
Some movments do not follow general GUIDELINES of music theorry...But its still in harmony
and sounds very beautiful

Elliehair said:
Unfortunately its what appeals to me so I cant help but go for it (as in the films and books)
again films just about normal everyday relationships rarely appeal to me
im just sad

Well, you can strive for the epic romance, but you need to find someone who is just as into it as you, and that can be hard.

Ex. Twice, I've left someone for an extended time to go overseas for work, and there was no cinematic scene at the airport with him begging me not to go. No. I boarded the plane and it took off. *sigh*

That honeysuckle just does not happen IRL - most of the time. I'll allow maybe it happens once every century. :p

Good luck finding your White Knight... or Dastardly Villain with a Heart of Gold if that's what you're into. :)

Nah Im not after a great love affair, that would be nice and maybe it'll come along, what makes me so against a 'normal' relationship is all the friends and families I know who seem less than happy with their lot, the girls I work with who are great looking, have boyfriends and when they speak of them they seem disappointed, even friends I have who got married, I get the impression its not at all what they expected and that they 'settled' just to be able to say they are in a relationship.
I want more than that, I want a guy who is different, and who I love being with for that reason.

Lonesome Crow said:
City of Angles....

I know whats its like to be in love with a dead woman.. Really...I felt her presence
everywhere I went. Wierd....

Thats why GOD created guys like me.
for not normal women like you.
Unpridictable and mysterious
Sets a woman soul on fire.

If you had ever listen to beautiful
music and is knowllegeable
about music theroy....

To play in harmoy dosnt necesasrry
mean uniformaty. You can hear various scakes played in diffrent ways .being played by different instrument .various mode
vrious vulome all at the sametime..
Some movments do not follow general GUIDELINES of music theorry...But its still in harmony
and sounds very beautiful

- Im a writer and recently had a dream that was very City of Angels, everyone has a Guardian some people know them as Angels, some as their Conscience but few people are aware they exist
My original Guardian retired and a new one who started, I hadnt been aware of the old one but I could feel the presence of the new one as soon as he started being around me, one time when I was doing my hair and opened the bathroom cabinet (the kind with mirrors) I saw him standing behind me. He realised I could see him and went to advise his superior he needed a transfer
Knowing he was around was very hard, I wasnt sure if I was going mad, so I went in my kitchen and was calling out I know your here please let me know Im not going mad, I kept saying it over and over and when, finally a deep voice said, Yes I am with you, I passed out, only to wake on my living room couch.
After we both acknowledge each others presence we become close, only thats when his request to be transferred is accepted.
This was all a dream but it was so vivid, that when I kept calling out for him to answer me and I was getting upset, I was crying for real, I havent felt right since, as if he is still around with me.
I often have dreams like this and write them down to form stories I'll write.

Haha, it's funny because I've dated nothing but weird guys. I think I get where you're coming from though, if you wanted to date someone who was just like everyone else you could date any old schmoe. Right?

I, too, feel like I need to be with someone strange and weird so that things will stay interesting. I never wanted someone who was like me or had no outstanding qualities because after a while you don't even have anyone to talk to.
However, if there's one thing I learned from being a general observational introvert, it's that most people have weird stuff about 'em if you dig deep enough. If a guy doesn't trust you enough to let you know what's behind that feigned normalcy, it probably wasn't going to work out anyway.

I don't think you're after a make-believe media man. I think you're just looking for a little more character and personality than most people. Books and films simply helped you realize it, but it's not weird in the least. In fact, A LOT of women wish their significant others were more interesting and different. I know I would **** sure want someone like that.

Yeah but how do you find someone like that when your surrounded by apparently normal guys ?

Haha, it's like Limlim said, there are plenty of weird guys where you live, but none of them want to express their weirdness because people think it's weird. In fact, most of them are probably in their rooms on a laptop right now, wishing someone would accept them.

I guess the best thing you could do is make sure to always put it out there that you like interesting guys and not give "normal" guys the time of day. Maybe join a film or book club. That could be nice for you. Especially film clubs - more guys join those than they do book clubs.

Not sure what you mean by film clubs, maybe overseas they'd be interesting but here in Malta the guys who go to them stay critiquing (is that how its spelled lol) movies when you go to see them in a pompous way if you get my meaning : O

Haha, maybe. Here in Pennsylvania film clubs are mostly an excuse to go hang out at the movie theatre with a group of people. Some take their job seriously and critique it based on simple filmmmaking and screenwriting principles, and some even publish newsletters for their reviews, but it's mostly lighthearted and fun.

sounds like fun but not what Im after, if I go see a film like Interview with a Vampire I leave the film feeling heartbroken because I'm wanting to find a Louis of my own lol

Lol, I feel like that when I watch anime sometimes and see an awesome character that I would totally date. :p

Doubt The Rabbit said:
Haha, it's like Limlim said, there are plenty of weird guys where you live, but none of them want to express their weirdness because people think it's weird. In fact, most of them are probably in their rooms on a laptop right now, wishing someone would accept them.

I guess the best thing you could do is make sure to always put it out there that you like interesting guys and not give "normal" guys the time of day. Maybe join a film or book club. That could be nice for you. Especially film clubs - more guys join those than they do book clubs.

Haha too right Doubt The Rabbit. I would actually expect that most of the unusual types are kind of introverted. They probably stick to themselves because they cant quite identify with most of the people out there. That is just what I am like... unusual and a bit introverted. Fortunatly though my introversion (well shyness really) has not meant I have no friends, quite the opposite... but alot of my friends are quite wierd to be honest! :p

ShybutHi said:
Elliehair said:
I had to do this post, I've grown up loving books and films, but it has rather ruined me for having a 'normal' relationship
What I mean is I love relationships where the guy isnt 'normal' for instance films like Beastly, or City of Angels.
But obviously it isnt real, and for that reason I find it hard to date normal guys, because I'd find it too 'normal', its crazy I know
In the Uk and probably other countries there are clubs for people for instance who like dressing up medieval style and they can stay in a castle etc
This is just an example but for me to be happy with a guy, he'd have to be unusual somehow
Hope this isnt too wierd !

So you like people who are unique and unusual? I know what you mean because I am like this too and I think there is nothing wrong with that at all, atleast those types are usually a bit more interesting.
Im a musician with a crazy imagination, love music which has great imagery (especially if it is epic fantasy, myth or scifi as it usually gives the best imagery), also love books and films especially if it is fantastical...

By the way I am an elf with druidic powers and can control the weather hence why I never ever get rained on. (Honest I AM an elf im not joking!!!) :p

Its so cool if your an elf, after seeing the Lord of the Rings I thought them the most beautiful thing Ive ever seen, I even bought a dictionary of Elven Languages !

softwarefreak said:
I've thought about this for years and came to the conclusion that there is no normal, but instead a society driven "normal". As others have said, everyone has something "wierd" or "quirky" about them.
Just my opinion though

Hi was thinking about what you said, a society driven 'normal' and I agree 100% its like if your at school and start acting 'odd' they decide you need assessing for heavens sake (this isnt me personally Im just saying that in general we're expected to always fit in and conform to an ideal behaviour.

I just sometimes feel so sad, I think I'll get out there and try being with guys, but I always end up feeling I gained nothing by it, and the sense of Loss I feel is even greater. I've been thinking the last few days I dont like to brand myself a type but I was reading about Emos and maybe I am one, can you be an Emo at 40 ??
I feel everything so much and I feel sad all the time, maybe because I want so much to be loved, and I feel whoever is meant for me is never going to find me. I dont know what it is about me, there seems to be a huge wall between me and the rest of humanity, when Im on a bus the empty seat next to me doesnt get filled until its the only one remaining available.
Pink Floyd said it best when they sang 'Mother did it need to be so high'.

Pink Floyd also said: “Was it love? Or was it the idea of being in love?”

There are no "normal" guys. As far as we know there are tribes eating each other.
Finding someone who understand you, and who you should love despite his flaws is what matters.

It helps to realize that everyone is special and that there is a story in everything.

I've had rather 'fairy-tale' relationships in some ways, but its just as tough in its own way. At the end of the day, there are bills to be paid and worries to be dealt with.

Also this.

Elliehair said:
I had to do this post, I've grown up loving books and films, but it has rather ruined me for having a 'normal' relationship
What I mean is I love relationships where the guy isnt 'normal' for instance films like Beastly, or City of Angels.
But obviously it isnt real, and for that reason I find it hard to date normal guys, because I'd find it too 'normal', its crazy I know
In the Uk and probably other countries there are clubs for people for instance who like dressing up medieval style and they can stay in a castle etc
This is just an example but for me to be happy with a guy, he'd have to be unusual somehow
Ever seen The Crow? Decent movie, the sequels, not so much, but still worth watching at least once each.

I think I'm in a similar situation, but as mentioned earlier, us "weird" guys keep it to ourselves most of the time because we don't want to scare away the women (apparently it's ok to go ape over football but not a natural 20). Sorry ladies, but you are "normal" until you prove otherwise.

To put it in perspective, I didn't tell a group of my friends that I played DnD on and off and wanted to get more involved with a group to game with, and then I find out a couple weeks before they leave (we're all military, moves happen) that they're long-time DnD players. They explained it pretty much the same way I view it: DnD (and other abnormal activities) aren't something you just talk about in normal conversation, and it's not something you bring up unless you know the other person(s) are into it as well or you know they won't judge you for it.

If anything, if there are independent film screenings in your area or any tabletop game shops, start passing by them and stopping in. You're bound to meet at least a couple interesting people that way.

Kataphractos said:
To put it in perspective, I didn't tell a group of my friends that I played DnD on and off and wanted to get more involved with a group to game with, and then I find out a couple weeks before they leave (we're all military, moves happen) that they're long-time DnD players. They explained it pretty much the same way I view it: DnD (and other abnormal activities) aren't something you just talk about in normal conversation, and it's not something you bring up unless you know the other person(s) are into it as well or you know they won't judge you for it.

this is a very good way of putting it. i can be so nerdy about the stuff that i like that i dont really have anyone else to talk to it about. i know that it would bore or scare people away. thats why i have always said that i want to find a fellow movie/gamer geek in a girl because then we will easily have stuff to talk about. at the same time i often find my head in places and thinking about things like the OP describes. sometimes this life seems so boring to me and i just think about the amazing things i will be missing out on. and for lack of a better word, a "normal" person wont get that. i feel like only a fellow geek/nerd would.

this can only be good news for all the relative outcasts (like myself) out there

I want a girl who is a little crazy

Kataphractos said:
Elliehair said:
Ever seen The Crow? Decent movie, the sequels, not so much, but still worth watching at least once each.

I think I'm in a similar situation, but as mentioned earlier, us "weird" guys keep it to ourselves most of the time because we don't want to scare away the women (apparently it's ok to go ape over football but not a natural 20). Sorry ladies, but you are "normal" until you prove otherwise.

If anything, if there are independent film screenings in your area or any tabletop game shops, start passing by them and stopping in. You're bound to meet at least a couple interesting people that way.

Off course Ive seen the Crow, one of the movies I love (and characters Id love to be in love with, very similar style to Queen of the Damned) as for being crazy for football, my dad was all sports all the time so Id never want a guy with any sport interest !
I work for a Lawfirm and I dont hide everything about myself, its common knowledge Im a Pagan for instance even if I dont look it.

Doubt The Rabbit said:
Lol, I feel like that when I watch anime sometimes and see an awesome character that I would totally date. :p
Hence the whole annoying squealing fangirls on the net and the rise of otome games :p But yes there have been times I would totally date an anime character, but might as well set those illusions aside. Real people ain't like that for the most part.

hellomiko said:
Doubt The Rabbit said:
Hence the whole annoying squeeing fangirls on the net and the rise of otome games :p But yes there have been times I would totally date an anime character, but might as well set those illusions aside. Real people ain't like that for the most part.

mind you the way some guys are doing their hair and even makeup these days some look very anime-ish in a totally good way : >

Kataphractos said:

Why hide yourself though? So what you play a game... it's not that big of a deal. If someone doesn't like it or like what you do in general, they can piss off. I don't see a point in hiding it. A lot of people tell me that my gaming is childish and that I should grow out of it. But it's what I like to do, and if someone doesn't like it, oh well. They need to worry about their life, and not about mine.

Latest posts

Back