Woman on the bus

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like you had a good experience there, only if I was in your position I could have offered some sort of contact should she want to talk... you's seem to have some stuff in common and even if she took it out of politeness but never contacted you you haven't really lost anything; you could have gained a friend.

9006 said:
Sounds like you had a good experience there, only if I was in your position I could have offered some sort of contact should she want to talk... you's seem to have some stuff in common and even if she took it out of politeness but never contacted you you haven't really lost anything; you could have gained a friend.

I regret I didn't. It's never happened before and I mean that. My Mam used to always be telling her life story to the nearest person when we was little. I have never been like that. I can't recall talking like that to anybody, even in a pub. It was a first ! Didn't know what to do when we said goodbye.

It occurs to me that you could have a few cards made up with your mobile and email address on or whatever, and if you carried them around you could just maybe hand one to a lady and just say - call me - or something like that? (sorry if anyone else has given you the same advice before).:)

jaguarundi said:
It occurs to me that you could have a few cards made up with your mobile and email address on or whatever, and if you carried them around you could just maybe hand one to a lady and just say - call me - or something like that? (sorry if anyone else has given you the same advice before).:)

That is a really good idea. :)

jaguarundi said:
We are all crossing our fingers, toes and everything else we can possibly cross for you! 😸

Indeed! I think I've been rooting for TB to succeed more than anyone else I've met here! In fact, it sounds like you're already succeeding :)

-Teresa

It's great that you've managed to speak to a stranger, open up and genuinely enjoy talking to them. Being able to talk to somebody that you don't know can be one of the most encouraging feelings that you can can possibly receive and it is even better if you can keep the conversation going. Well done, keep it up. :D

Really nice story, thanks for sharing. :) Maybe it is better you didn't offer
her to stay in touch as while I was thinking how good was reading about
your experience it instantly hit me, something similar happened to me
once...

I was flying home and somehow got into talking with a guy at the boarding
gate. We sat next to each other on the plane and had some chit-chat
along the way. After we left the airport I was waiting for my bus and I
spotted him boarding another bus, and without thinking too much about it I
asked him if he wants to stay in touch or something and wrote down my
email address for him. And I was happy I did it. Then of course he never
wrote to me. Maybe he thought I was hitting on him or he just didn't enjoy
my company? We'll never know, but it doesn't feel good I can tell you that.

Sorry another story just popped into my head. Another time I had a long
journey by train and I helped a lady with her luggage. She was from
Germany and although my German was pretty basic and we had an age gap
of 30 years at least, we talked for hours if we needed we draw and
stuff. Really had a great time. As my stop came I asked her if she has
Skype or an email address and stuff, but she didn't! So she quickly wrote
down her address in Germany, how nice she was! But somehow I never got
to write to her, it just wasn't for me I guess - pen paling literally. In this
case I don't think she was offended by me not writing to her, as I asked it
in the first place and there was no way for online communication.

Great stories PeteBerger. All these chance meetings, makes me want to hop on a bus to see what happens.

PeteBerger said:
Really nice story, thanks for sharing. :) Maybe it is better you didn't offer
her to stay in touch as while I was thinking how good was reading about
your experience it instantly hit me, something similar happened to me
once...

I was flying home and somehow got into talking with a guy at the boarding
gate. We sat next to each other on the plane and had some chit-chat
along the way. After we left the airport I was waiting for my bus and I
spotted him boarding another bus, and without thinking too much about it I
asked him if he wants to stay in touch or something and wrote down my
email address for him. And I was happy I did it. Then of course he never
wrote to me. Maybe he thought I was hitting on him or he just didn't enjoy
my company? We'll never know, but it doesn't feel good I can tell you that.

Sorry another story just popped into my head. Another time I had a long
journey by train and I helped a lady with her luggage. She was from
Germany and although my German was pretty basic and we had an age gap
at of 30 years at least we talked for hours if we needed we draw and
stuff. Really had a great time. As my stop came I asked her if she has
Skype or an email address and stuff, but she didn't! So she quickly wrote
down her address in Germany, how nice she was! But somehow I never got
to write to her, it just wasn't for me I guess - pen paling literally. In this
case I don't think she was offended by me not writing to her, as I asked it
in the first place and there was no way for online communication.

The second one is a nice story.
I am sure it happens quite often. People start talking on trains or buses. My older brother seems to do it quite often. It's never happened to me though. Even when I am walking in my own city, I am the not the type to start talking to random strangers. On these trips at best somebody might ask me directions or say 'hello' - so it happened out of nowhere. No idea what she thought. We was sitting close by the end. When I got off the bus, I walked thru a group of people and she stopped me and said 'hope you have a nice day' - I shook her hand and said something but she was already on her way. She didn't look like she wanted to hang about. Maybe she does it all the time ?

It's nice though and I enjoyed it. There have been times in the past when I have thought people and women have avoided me on purpose because I look like some de ranged serial killer.

I almost always forget to take numbers from people I meet, so now I'm trying to make it a habit. I really like meeting new people, especially pretty women ;) but I feel weird in my town because I recognize (and am recognized) by most of people here, it's a small town. And even if I don't know a girl I still blocked to talk to her... it's easier in big cities. But I enjoy talking with strangers about whatever.

However, I have a problem with picking up girls because deep in my mind I think I'm not worth, good enough of a pretty girl and that's killing my confidence. Eww!

Latest posts

Back