Workout and nutrition ...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funnylife33

Reaction score
When you workout daily ...

i was not sure what food to eat after work outs ...

but i learned yesterday that proteins and carbohydrates are important ...

that is all

:)

Getting the balance right between your proteins and carbs is important.
Whey protein powder helps. It's expensive, even if you do it cheaply, but it's worth it.
There is a science to the nutrition factor just like there's a science to your workout routine.

It's also totally normal for you to fall off of the bandwagon every now and then.
Especially if you live an active lifestyle already and you're putting in your time with a daily workout routine.
This happens because the body needs longer to recover than what you really have time for.
In which case, then yeah, don't push it. You can actually hurt yourself weight lifting if you don't give yourself ample time for recovery, so there's an important difference between knowing when you're sore, and knowing when you should stop.
Don't get discouraged, just give yourself the time to get back to health and routine again and keep going.

Overnight results just don't happen.
Not without a proper trainer and a borderline psychotic routine, that is.
One that even that trainer would probably try to discourage a person from.
Muscle builds slower than fat, it just does.
You won't see results for probably the first year or two, depending on your frequency and consistency, but the important thing is that you feel results.

I'm all for it.
It's a tricky balance but in truth it helps improve your quality of life as well as your health.
And that works that way because of the mental aspect of exercise as well as your overall physical health improving.

I'm gonna take a potshot at myself and throw out that I'm kinda lanky so anytime I dip into the isle to pick up my protein powder if there's a bigger dude in there I always get this strange and confused look and IDK why but I think that look is hilarious. 😂

Also there's already a thread for this in workout/fitness suggestions or something like that. If you use the search function I'm sure it'll come up.

Yea ...

I have been going to the gym from december 1st 2022 ...

And i do go to gym 5 days a week ...

saturday sunday i rest ...

last friday i was in gym i did these ...

starts with a warmup
just stretching legs and arms ...

then after that i did pushups like this ...

30 30 30 , so total of 90 pushups
20 20 20 , total 60 crunches ...

after that pull downs with 25 kilograms ... 20 20 20 sets

pulling stuff towards me ... i don't know what that machine is called ... 25 kilogram weight ... 20 20 20 sets ...

10 minutes on treadmill

10 minutes on a bycycle where you can change its resistance ...

barbell for biceps with 10 kilogram weight ... that too 20 20 20 sets ...

this barbell gives me great results and i am loving it ...

then about food after i work out ...

i eat at least 2 eggs for my proteins needs ... for carbohydrates ... the usual indian food and a steamed banana ...

i am someone with diabates ... type 2 diabetes ... the one that you can sort of control with medicines ... which doesn't require insulin injections ...

so i have to be extra careful about my carbohydrates intake ...

that is a bit hard to control ...

other than that diet is sort of ok ...

yes i have heard about whey protein ... and someone i know said ... you only need to use it only after at least 6 months in the gym ....

since its the second month in the gym ... i think i will go with the regular foods ...

i have been seeing some improvements in my overall energy levels after going to the gym ...

and after doing pushups regularly ... i feel a lot more stronger ....

and its a great feeling ...

and i think it will take more time to get more muscles ...

and i havent started doing any major weight liftings ... i am a bit afraid of weight lifting injuries ...

maybe after 3 or 4 months i might try some weight lifting ...

thanks ...

Latest posts

Back