Worse Today?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have developed feelings without sex.

It always sucks, because when I feel comfortable enough to ask them out, they always have a boyfriend (or an imaginary one.)

(I am not trying to sound sexist with a more pragmatic answer.)

It depends on how you define "worse."

If anything, we are moving (in western societies) to more and more equality in education and the workplace.

Previously, not to long ago, the majority of households had one breadwinner which was normally the male.

A female would have to complete a risk assessment for their actions and the potential (catastrophic) loss of income.

Nowadays, females are - from reading news articles in the past - are obtaining more advance degrees percentage wise than males.

Therefore, with women in the workforce and obtaining degrees at an equal rate or more, there is no longer the need to rely upon men for income and the threat of losing (catastrophic) financial support is mitigated.

In other words, the equalization of the sexes in the workforce means men no longer have the upper hand and women can do what is best (or worse) for them without worrying so much about financial security as in the past.

(Where I work at, it is the women who are in control and making the most money; in fact due to their incomes, it would be the men losing financial support since the women probably make a third to two-thirds more then their male spouses.)

... the situation [was] more controlled in the past ...

Personally, I do not unless there is an emotional, intellectual, and metaphysical connection.

Ak5 said:
Hoffy said:
Ak5 said:
I'm sorry AK. I'll admit. I love sex.
So do I! Who doesn't? ...

Ak5 said:
Hoffy said:
You'd honestly be perfectly ok with a woman using you just for sex?

If both of us agree to it.

Although, I'll never want to live like that forever, I would like to settle down eventually. A real relationship is always better.

If you both agree to it you aren't being used. It's just no strings sex.

There's a bit difference between that and being objectified.

I find it funny how men seem to joke about and see this kind of thing as an ultimate fantasy or something. Live it and I think you'd see it differently. Being degraded is not a fun experienmce.

I can't say if it was better 40 years ago or just the same as it is now, because I wasn't there. Although seeing how morality in society has drastically disintegrated in the past 10 years alone, I wouldn't doubt that such attitudes have become more prevalent, especially in younger people.

I don't really think so. The 60's there was the free love movement. It seems to me that in the past women were used for sex, whereas now both sexes use each other. I just think its more open, discussable and safer (in terms of pregnancy, and assess to condoms) now

Well I can't say I know how bad it was long long ago... however, yeah it seems that having sex for pleasureable reasons is quite high. Especially younger kids.... :\

sex is the glue that holds a relationship. at least at first...
even if 2 people dont fit, if the sex is good, they will stay together.... its what you call, when opposites attract.

On the other hand, a relationship without sex is not really a good one regardless of how much they want to.

Latest posts

Back