Worst memory from elementary/high school?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aged 16, some people who I thought were my friends showed their true colours. Those three guys were only 'friends' with me because they wanted to sleep with me. One started aweful false rumours about what a slut I was, how I slept around etc.

Aged 16 again, some guy I used to know got angry at me because I didn't want to sleep with him. We used to be good friends, I used to look up to him.

Aged 14 or 15, some girl picked a fight with me, a teacher saw but said nothing and did nothing.

Aged 12, in PE lesson outdoors I suddenly had my first period. It was painful and I felt so humiliated that I burst into tears. Though it doesn't bother me now, it was horrible at the time.

Right now I don't remember any more incidents.

I have a few of the usual ones but the worst memory came near the end of my last year of high school, we had this motovational speaker in, which meant an hour of sitting the hall being patronised by this overly-enthusiastic guy. One of the first things he made everyone do was stand up and do this really humilitating dance. Being cripplingly shy, and really awful at dancing at the best of times this didn't really appeal to me so I kinda stayed sitting and swayed slightly hoping the guy would have enough tact to not point it out. unfortunly he noticed and proceded to mock me for it, then spent the rest of the hour doing camp impressions of me every time he got stuck for something to say/do. Like being the only gay kid in the class wasn't hard enough, I'd spent years trying to convince everyone in my school not every gay guy acted like a reject from an episode of will and grace and this guy destroyed it in one afternoon. Having an entire hall full of people laughing at me constantly didn't really do wonders for my self esteem, plus I thought of 100 really witty replies to make to him, but only long after it was all over. I did always found it ironic that a motovational speaker could make me feel so bad though.

He sounds more like an ass than a professional speaker.

Aww and I thought I had it hard back in elementary/high school. Guess nothing beats physical pain, false rumours, and being humiliated in front of class. *Sigh* I hope those people get their just desserts.

My first year in middle school, the last week of school, a few girls made fun of me about certain aspects of my appearance. They did it a few more times over the next couple years in middle school on different occasions. Before this, I was a pretty confident, outgoing kid.

This event devastated me, and more than a decade later, I've never recovered from it, never been the same person that I was before. I had been teased like most people when younger, but this particular instance hurt me in ways I can't describe. All my problems talking to woman are directly related to these particular girls and how they made me feel all those years ago.

Another instance that same year at a school dance, some girl I kinda knew came and danced with me. About 10 mins later, her friend comes up to me, and says that she only danced with me because of a bet she made with her friends.

GOD I HATED MIDDLE SCHOOL SO MUCH!

eris said:
When I was in grades 6-8 I went to a really bad school. Considering the fact that I was almost 6 foot tall (im a girl) and my momma dressed me funny, I was picked on by everyone. I do mean everyone. You know how every school has one kid like that ? It was me.

I was the last person to get picked up on my bus. There was never enough room for me. No one would ever move over and the bus driver would just scream "sit down!" so there were times that I would just sit down next to someone and they would get really mad at me because they thought I smelled or something. (isnt that middle school for you ? "you smell"...geez. I may have been a dork but I did NOT smell)

I digress, here is the memory...

I had to sit next to this kid kenny. He pushed as hard as he could against me. I braced myself with my arm, and he pushed harder.( He actually bruised the bone, I found out later, and had to wear an arm brace for awhile) and I fell into the asile. I kind of shreiked from the pain. This got everyones attention. I got spit on by about 10 people. Just covered in mucus. This girl named Becky looked at me and said " I hate you with a passion" and then she hit me as hard as she could in the back of the head with her unbrella. Everyone laughed. As everyone got off the bus, I got tramped on and kicked by about 10 people. The bus driver said he saw nothing, so no one got in trouble.

And to top it all off, all this tore a hole in my pants at the knee. We were not allowerd to have holes in our clothes ..so you know what their solution was ? Duct tape it closed. I had to walk around all day with fuckign duct tape on my knee.

Every single day was hell. At 11, I considered suicide.

But, when I was 14 I moved. and never got picked on again....

This is so sick I can't believe it! What kind of horrible, demon kids were these! I am so sorry that you were attacked and abused by these f*kwads! Sounds like the animalistic mob mentality frame of mind was in full swing. The adult in this situation makes me sick to my stomach. What a piece of cowardly crap.

Again, I'm so appalled by your story and I'm so sorry you went through that. What you went through was horrendous and it was a crime. You didn't deserve any of it. Those wicked kids were completely, 100% in the wrong. I wonder how many of them became domestic abusers and socio-paths.

In high school a girl I sat by told the class she would commit suicide if she had hair like mine.

A guy grabbed me, ripped my backpack open and pushed me down a flight of stairs in front of a lot of people.

And a couple times I started my period at school and didn't know till it was showing through my pants.

Ya, bad times.

Everyone on schools can have their worst memories. Unfortunately, I had one mistakes during my elementary, as it was my first time to adapt to the new environment. We can not avoid having those terrific mistakes, especially at our innocent times.

Just a general sense of not being "with it", not fitting in, not belonging. Not sharing interests and personality with most people around me, and therefore not being able to have anything to talk about, or bond over.

I guess it was down to being sheltered and unworldly, but at the same time, I was mostly happy back then. I was happy with my sheltered life, I didn't see it as a bad thing. I didn't feel like the fault was on me to change. I thought I just was the way I was, and that was it. I didn't feel a need to change for myself, so I didn't.

Just a general sense of not being "with it", not fitting in, not belonging. Not sharing interests and personality with most people around me, and therefore not being able to have anything to talk about, or bond over.

I guess it was down to being sheltered and unworldly, but at the same time, I was mostly happy back then. I was happy with my sheltered life, I didn't see it as a bad thing. I didn't feel like the fault was on me to change. I thought I just was the way I was, and that was it. I didn't feel a need to change for myself, so I didn't.

I should revise this.

I was happy as a kid, BUT I was only happy at home, or at my Grandma's house, or other places like that - friendly places where I could shut out and forget about the game of social competition and hierarchies. In these friendly places, I could just pretend that stuff didn't exist.

However, I was very much NOT happy with my peers, where I didn't have the natural strengths to get status, and I definitely COULD NOT shut it out. And while I didn't have the words to describe these things as a kid, like "strengths", "talent", "status" etc., they do accurately describe feelings I've had since kindergarten, since day 1. I've always felt like this, that's why it's so important for me to get a strength and escape.

I've always had a strong desire to NOT be a loser, to NOT be inherently inferior.
But the problem is, I've had an at least equally or greater fear, that I am one, and that's why my life has gone the way it has. I don't want to "accept" it, the insult and humiliation of mediocrity and low status, just the mere words makes me want to spit, it pisses me off.

I'll be d*mned if I let being a loser, be the story of me. It is unacceptable, period. It's my personal hell, my nemesis, and I MUST defy it, I MUST escape.

I came to the mainland US as a kid from Hawaii. I was made fun of for being a foreigner (wtf?). Made all my school years hell. Without going in to details it made life hell for this AP kid

Math class, I was petrified to answer a question. It was awful. My anxiety was terrible in math class.

There were many but the worst would be in junior high getting a wedgie in front of a girl I liked. A real event that was.

Latest posts

Back