Worst memory from elementary/high school?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7th grade.
science teacher.
stepped on my foot and punched me in the chest to knock me down.
i told my dad and he said "kick his ass". lol.
ran into mr. science teacher a few years later, at 6'4 and 260 :D

9th grade, business tech teacher.
kept poking me in the chest and saying "what are you gonna do?"
i wrapped him up in a head lock and ran his head into the lockers three times and threw his lanky ass on the ground. LOL. ****** never saw it coming. :D

see kids, this is back when teachers could still pretty much do whatever they wanted including hitting or provoking you. it's way to politically correct now. but not when and where i went. kids and teachers would meet and fight outside. LOL

The worst time of my life was Middle School because everyday I would be teased. Didn't really take too much of it to heart because I had more courage than High School.

One of the worst memories from High School is when a few girls I tried to become friends with ignored me. One day I was just completely ostracized for reasons unknown. During lunch periods I spent my time roaming the halls. It's a lie, High School isn't the best years. The happiest time was after I was released from that hell hole.

Starrynight25 said:
The worst time of my life was Middle School because everyday I would be teased. Didn't really take too much of it to heart because I had more courage than High School.

One of the worst memories from High School is when a few girls I tried to become friends with ignored me. One day I was just completely ostracized for reasons unknown. During lunch periods I spent my time roaming the halls. It's a lie, High School isn't the best years. The happiest time was after I was released from that hell hole.

thats kind of how i felt about it. i never hung out with anyone at school outisde of school. just talked to people here and there, nothing serious. i never went to any dances or anything like that. im pretty sure the only reason i passed was because one of the teachers knew i needed to get out of there and just passed me for that class. i never liked it at all really and i couldnt wait to be done with it. at times i wish i could redo it differently though just to see if i could have made something good out of it.

edgecrusher said:
at times i wish i could redo it differently though just to see if i could have made something good out of it.

Once in a while I get that thought about a redo. I would have invested a lot of my time in art classes and learning how to play the violin. Maybe then I would have made some friends. I'd have to say though, the best part of my teen years was growing up in the 90s listening to good music. I think I would have been severely depressed without WBCN, a walkman, and MuchMusic lol.

I was picked on and talked down to alot by a certain group of kids, all of whom were friends. This went on from elementary all the way through high school. What really sucked was that it was a small school, so not running into them on occassion was impossible. But there are two instances in high school that really stick out in my mind. The first was when I was in class and a sharpened pencil hit me in the face out of nowhere. I was completely caught off guard. At first I thought it was an accident, but when the class started laughing and one of my bullies said "Sorry~" in a sarcastic tone, I figured otherwise. I didn't leave class, I just covered half of my face with my hair until it was over. When I went to the bathroom, blood was dripping down my face, not even an inch from my eye where part of the tip broke off. Even though I cleaned it out the best I could, the pencil lead still left a mark under my skin which I had to look at every day. It was an awful reminder.

The second was when the person who tormented me the most spit gum in my hair at the end of class. It was the first time I ever stood up to her, and as I recall the last encounter I had with her as well. I stood up in front of everyone and demanded she take it out. Unfortunately I wasn't thinking that she would matte it in there worse. And believe me, I have alot of hair. I think what hurt the most was that the couple of friends I had were sitting next to me and witnessed the whole thing, not saying a word as they watched. At the end of class, once I had realized it, I was about to cry. As I walked out, my teacher, who had also been watching (I was in the front row) said "I'm sorry," to which I replied "Me too."

I would never relive those days, but I feel I am a stronger person for making it through.

When I was in grades 6-8 I went to a really bad school. Considering the fact that I was almost 6 foot tall (im a girl) and my momma dressed me funny, I was picked on by everyone. I do mean everyone. You know how every school has one kid like that ? It was me.

I was the last person to get picked up on my bus. There was never enough room for me. No one would ever move over and the bus driver would just scream "sit down!" so there were times that I would just sit down next to someone and they would get really mad at me because they thought I smelled or something. (isnt that middle school for you ? "you smell"...geez. I may have been a dork but I did NOT smell)

I digress, here is the memory...

I had to sit next to this kid kenny. He pushed as hard as he could against me. I braced myself with my arm, and he pushed harder.( He actually bruised the bone, I found out later, and had to wear an arm brace for awhile) and I fell into the asile. I kind of shreiked from the pain. This got everyones attention. I got spit on by about 10 people. Just covered in mucus. This girl named Becky looked at me and said " I hate you with a passion" and then she hit me as hard as she could in the back of the head with her unbrella. Everyone laughed. As everyone got off the bus, I got tramped on and kicked by about 10 people. The bus driver said he saw nothing, so no one got in trouble.

And to top it all off, all this tore a hole in my pants at the knee. We were not allowerd to have holes in our clothes ..so you know what their solution was ? Duct tape it closed. I had to walk around all day with fuckign duct tape on my knee.

Every single day was hell. At 11, I considered suicide.

But, when I was 14 I moved. and never got picked on again....

[/font][/align]While drinking out of the water fountain, just before our afternoon break had ended, without warning- a boy hit me in the face and knocked me down to the ground.

He wanted water. I told him to wait. Then he hit me in the face very hard. I fell down to the ground while trembeling in shock.

I couldn't get up for about 10 minutes.

I arrived to my classroom and then told our homeroom teacher what had happened. She simply shrugged and did not provide me with any probing questions, as if that behavior was not worthy of her immediate attention. I told my parents what happened later that evening.
They did not provide adequate input. They were alcoholics.

I always feel at loss and abused, whenever contemplating that scenario.

I've had tons of bad experiences in elementary and high school. Heck, where do I start!

In 2nd grade, I pretend punched a girl as in my fist didn't even touch her nose. It was supposed to be playful(it was Halloween and she was Spiderwoman I think. I was a blue power ranger). But somehow she ended up exaggerating the whole scene and told the teacher I really punched her nose. The teacher bursted. From what I can remember she didn't even give me a chance to explain and immediately sent me to another class to spend my Halloween party. This no doubt was one of the most painful experiences I've ever had. The icing on the cake was that I had to apologize to the girl's mom and I had to tell my mom I punched a girl's nose cause seriously, I couldn't do anything about it anymore.

In the same grade, one time on our way to recess, this girl started pushing me so I pushed back. This continued until a teacher saw us. BUT, she probably only caught me doing the pushing so I had to stand by the fence for the whole recess. On our way back to class, we passed by her classroom and then she started yapping " That 2nd boy in the line was pushing a very beautiful girl"(oh brother -_-')

In 3rd grade, I was bigger than most of the guys in our class. My bestfriend was the only one taller than me. When I played with the other boys, it was usually pretend fighting and somehow they'd usually end up getting hurt. No one was crying though. I had no idea what I was doing wrong(I was only around 7-8 years old at the time), but this happened a couple of times, so I made sure to be more careful everytime we played again during recess. I guess I probably don't know my own strength but the teacher kept on sending notes to my dad. Now my dad...has a really hot temper. We have lots of issues. This isn't the right thread to discuss that now though. All I can say is I was a victim of child abuse before. I'm guessing all the teachers knew I had some kind of disorder. That's why they probably never got mad me except for the time I made an annoying girl who had to steal my seat bleed by accident in 6th grade which I'll talk about later. I only had 2 good friends in my class, a good friend in a higher grade, and bad relationships with the rest of the students. Most likely I inherited my dad's anger issues. *Sigh* my 3rd grade was a real b****. I couldn't stand report card days because of her. I'd always get NI(needs improvement) in conduct.

In 4th grade I started experimenting with cheating. One time I even cheated with the book on my desk(note I was sitting in front) and I wasn't even caught. Yes I was a noob xD It was going good until a girl, the SAME girl during the pushing incident caught me and told on me. And for a x2 bonus I was the favorite student of our teacher so you can all imagine how that turned out.

In 6th grade I accidentally made a girl bleed because I was just swinging my binder in front of her for self defense xD Somehow, by the aid of the magical north wind she put her hand where I was swinging my binder and she got a small cut by her thumb. She wasn't crying but the teacher was going hysteric and saying "Yes Kenneth, she may have kicked you but you drew blood" for around a gazillion times. After that I was brought to the office and initially I was given 5 demerits by the principle. When you get 5 demerits you get detention. I had a few merits back then which could get me out of detention but I didn't know that back then xD I was crying like the world was gonna end but mostly cause I was afraid of my dad. Oh and then a very lovely even immediately happened after. After a few minutes of crying the principle finally went "I just realized how serious this situation is and I'm gonna have to give you 1 day suspension." From detention she changed it into suspension. Wow! THANK YOU!!!

In 6th grade that's when girls tried to avoid having me as their partner We line up into 2 lines, 1 line for boys, and the other for girls. The girls would count the places and avoid me like playfully bickering with each other laughing and everything. This wasn't really painful since I got used to it. Heck, in the long run I would just go along and tease them. Only a few girls in my class were truly nice girls. I didn't really get along with the guys mostly cause I was hot-tempered. I wasn't exactly a bully.

For highschool, I moved to another country to study. I was always crying. I was so sensitive. I wasn't able to make any friends except for 3 other guys in my class. Before moving, I actually thought "Well, I'm gonna have a new life and I can start over" but I was wrong. Now though, I'm doing alright and have met new people. But I still get occasional feelings of emptiness especially when I'm not with my friends and I have matured and changed for the better.

Hi-
I was teased quite a bit, especially before high school. I punched a boy in my 6th grade who was getting on my nerves - he was the popular, muscular guy too. I was sorta proud of myself when I did that :D
When I was 20, I went to London for 2 years and that changed my life. I no longer thought of myself as a loser and outsider.
I realized just recently that now that I'm 38, more than half of my life has passed since high school. That helped me close the door on all my bad memories of that time.

Teresa

Mr. Self Destruct said:
I know these incidents aren't too big a deal, but they shaped my life for better or worse.

They sure sound big enough, considering they were unprovoked. Could make a person wary of people.

nerdygirl said:
My childhood was full of awful events that I won't bother describing. At age twelve, I finally covered myself with gasoline and set myself on fire. Immediately after, I was discovered and it was put out. While I'm glad to be alive today, being saved from killing myself is among my worst memories.

holy honeysuckle! my heart goes out to you for whatever led you to take such drastic action.

.. that last sentence cuts right into the soul.

Mike Moose said:
I quit going to school when I was 15..instead I used to hang out watching horror films and played music..I'm now 39 and now I hang out playing music and watch horror films..

lol.. bliss ;]

Just_Some_Dude said:
9th grade, business tech teacher.
kept poking me in the chest and saying "what are you gonna do?"
i wrapped him up in a head lock and ran his head into the lockers three times and threw his lanky ass on the ground. LOL. ****** never saw it coming. :D

lol i dont condone violence.. except when someone has it coming.. bet he didnt realize his finger pointing would hurt so much

-----

er.. my worst memory is safely repressed under thick layers of denial and avoidance.. but i do remember cowardice and anxiety featuring boldly somewhere in there..

My worst childhood memory happened because of Girl Scouts. Before this, I was very oblivious, but happy. Ignorance sure was bliss.

On the way back from a field trip, we were all in a van playing the card game BS to pass the time. I was so happy to be included, but it turned sour very soon. The other girls were whispering to each other during the game, but only when it was my turn. They were establishing amongst themselves who had the cards I was meant to be putting down, that way they could catch me in a lie. "Do you have any Nines?" "I have two" "So do I" "She's lying!" And then they would all get really loud and shove the huge pile of cards at me, putting me back in last place.

After a few goes of this I was sick of the gloating, so ten-year old me decided to try and stop this cycle passively. I counted ahead to figure out when I would have to lie next. Queens. The other girls were already making eye contact, and exchanging these satisfied smirks. One of them already had to take the pile, and she had all four queens. They were planning to nail me again. But before I even attempted at lying, I just shrugged and took the pile. It was going to end that way no matter what I did, but at least I could rob them of the satisfacton of humiliating me.

They all got so furious. They ripped the cards from my hands, pushed me away. They banned me from playing with them again on the account of me cheating. I tried to smooth things over, and explain why I did it, but they all just hurled more abuse at me. I turned to the driver of the car, who didn't utter one vowel reprimand or consolation. I sat for two hours silently sobbing, strapped in without escape, in the middle of a pack of nasty girls who refused to acknowledge me for the rest of the drive. I cried right there in front of them, in front of the mother driving the car, and no one said anything to me. I didn't understand what I had done. I felt so isolated and claustrophobic.

A few weeks later I asked one of those girls to apologize to me. It was my last attempt to reconcile. She just looked at me like I was crazy and said she didn't remember what happened in the car.. I still go to highschool with these girls, and I never talk to them anymore, but when I see them I always wonder if they remember what happened after all.

That probably seems like a stupid, long story, but the memory has always stayed with me.

@Luna - I've always liked Chinese girls :D

OT:

Probably French 11 and 12,
We had to present projects to the rest of the class in groups several times each year. I was usually the kid standing in front of everyone embaressed and not knowing what to say.
I was never good at speaking infront of people. You can imagine how much worse I was in a different language :(.

Sweetlucyblvd said:
That probably seems like a stupid, long story, but the memory has always stayed with me.

Not at all stupid. The telling was great, the circumstances of the story, unfortunately was quite sad.

Too many..
They include others bullying or me being a shy coward.

In elementary school gymnastics, we were outside throwing some ball things with ropes attached to them. Not sure what they are called. But the goal was to rotate your body several times and throw the ball at the right time to make it go as far as possible.
I missed.. and hit a girl in her stomach.. so i think she had trouble breathing. It shouldn't be possible but i really was not focused. I was too shocked to apologize.

the first one that comes to mind is how i used to get picked on for being a foreigner in the first grade. i didn't speak any english back then, and they would make fun of me for it. one time, this fat black kid named jamal kicked my ass on the playground, and nobody helped me. they all just made a circle and cheered him on.

nobody helped me.

I remember being pantsed (Where one little panda pulls down another little panda's pants) boxers and all in the middle of a co ed gym class... That may be up their..Constantly bullied through highschool so theirs alot.. In science class a kid shot a spit ball (wad of chewed paper shot through a pen tube) that landed in my mouth.. Oh, i got invited to a party once, because this one big dude wanted someone to beat up and they lived close to me.. It was an obvious choice at that time i wouldnt fight back.. Why not right? Once i started going completely snap show when people touched me (Im talking smashing heads into walls..) people left me alone... They thought i was psycho, but left me alone lol.

I got few worst memories to share. I did get hit, punch and threaten by people at school. All way through middle and upper school, most of times I felt ignored, isolated and depressed. I don't understand why people have something to againist me at school but I have to admit I was little bit different than others because I am deaf which made it even more difficult.There weren't many deaf people in my school.
When I was in year 9, I had to carry bag of my hearing aids equipments (such as mircophone and leads that linked to my hearing aids so I could hear the teacher.) with me everywhere. I was outside and walking past group of boys who were in my year and they took my bag out of my hands. I tried to get it back but then they threw it in the hedge and I had enough and couldn't hold back my tears so I ran to the toilets and hid in the cubicles in tears. I did found it in the end and got it back.
I went on school trip, nobody wanted to talk or sit next to me especially three of them are supposed to be my best friends. As I walked ahead on my own, girls from my group behind me starting throw sticks at my back and making stupid noises. I did ignored them and try to focus on the schooltrip. I had to say that was worse day school trip at high school ever.

Latest posts

Back