Would you rather have a big or small family?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you rather have a big or small family?

• Big family (5- members)

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Small Familt (6+ members)

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Namzii_Hash

Reaction score
Would you rather have a big immediate family (6+) or a small one (5-)?

This was actually a question on my english exam paper (Big or small family, why?)

Personally, I would have preferred a large family, (Imma go search for my answer sheets)

the reason i voted for large is that large families tend to be a world in their own kinda. you'd never feel lonely - there would always be someone to do something with.

big family so i won't get lonely and they will be always with you. sounds more fun than smaller family as well

uh, I think you got the poll backwards.

but 5 people is too many to be considered a small family

I want a small family. Its just me, my husband, and the cats and the rats. And its going to stay that way. I guess that makes 7.

STFU eris you make no sense.

Hi-
To me, there's no difference. It's like asking would you rather have a blue chair or a yellow chair. It's the quality, not the quantity that matters. I have four brothers and both my parents are still around, yet we're not a close family and look what forum I'm on! :)
I have friends that I consider to be family but we're not related in any way.
So my answer is "none of the above".

Teresa

Yea the poll is backwards. But actually, I'd consider maybe 4 or under a small family. Maybe 5, 6 and over a bigger family. And neither one would bother me. Both sides have pluses and negatives.

Right now, I'm kinda tired of the big family thing.

I'd rather just be alone or with a significant other and then hang with friends at my convenience instead of feeling obliged to attend every little family function that daddy and mommy or auntie or uncle choose to come up with. :p lol

I try not to think about whether or not I want kids. If I were to have one it would destroy my kidneys and I could possibly die. I have had dreams where I was pregnant, though, and I woke up crying. So there is your answer I guess.

SofiasMami said:
Hi-
To me, there's no difference. It's like asking would you rather have a blue chair or a yellow chair. It's the quality, not the quantity that matters. I have four brothers and both my parents are still around, yet we're not a close family and look what forum I'm on! :)
I have friends that I consider to be family but we're not related in any way.
So my answer is "none of the above".

Teresa

That's true, but a larger quantity also has the potential to improve quality! A sibling rivalry with a younger brother could build character and complement your personality while a close relationship with an old sister could help you through tough times and feel loved in general.

A larger family also could avoid family abuse as when a family member hits you the other could help defend. That's not the case in my small family : (

I tried large, so now i think i would go with small.

A big one could be fun, but i imagine very little space for privacy and peace.
Small one = good enough.

eris said:
I try not to think about whether or not I want kids. If I were to have one it would destroy my kidneys and I could possibly die. I have had dreams where I was pregnant, though, and I woke up crying. So there is your answer I guess.

Actually, I have never been pregnant, but I think it is good to have a kid in the family. However, in your situation that if you're going to get pregnant your kidney would be destroying. On the other hand, I think you could be able to adopt a child. That's only my suggestion.

I would have preferred to be given a smaller family, as it kills me a little bit more each time as one after another passes away.
Funeral after funeral and funeral.
I don't know how much more I can take.

Latest posts

Back