Would you start over?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you start over?

• Yes, I want a second chance to better myself and my life

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • No, I have no regrets.Theres nothing wrong with who i am or the choices ive made.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Its impossible. So why even think about it?

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters

Darkest Seraphim

Reaction score
If you were given the power to start over,knowing what you know now, would you relive your life differently?

eventhoug im really lonely right now , i dont think ive done anything wrong or bad to deserve this. ALl i think is that im unlucky, and from reading ur posts, so are most of u. Its just that we tend to blame ourselves for things that we cant control sometimes...

Im fine with the choices ive made...though im not fine with the luck ive had :(

I would rather go back in time....

Of course instead of being subject to events that caused me to issolate myself. Maybe instead I would make choices I shouldn't....

Normally i would feel the same. However, i have made several mistakes in my life that i feel i can do without. The scars from such events outwiegh the lessons learned. And while i dont think theres anyhting wrong with the way i am now, A different perspective could benefit me and others.

but we all make mistakes, theres no person on earth, even the most happiest guy, who hasnt made any, so its useless to blame urself for the mistakes THAT UR SUPPOSED TO MAKE.

I see alot of ppl who are jerks, who dont open their mouth , yet they have friends and ppl who are more interesting and sincere dont. I honesly think that , for at least a portion of our lives, being lonely make u stronger in some ways and that kind stength will be needed later on. Really, when u think about it , it makes sense. But the key is not to let it consume u , not to get too depressed about it . Its easier said than done, but ive been fighting this for a long while. Today im ALOT better than i was months ago.

lonelydude said:
but we all make mistakes, theres no person on earth, even the most happiest guy, who hasnt made any, so its useless to blame urself for the mistakes THAT UR SUPPOSED TO MAKE.

I see alot of ppl who are jerks, who dont open their mouth , yet they have friends and ppl who are more interesting and sincere dont. I honesly think that , for at least a portion of our lives, being lonely make u stronger in some ways and that kind stength will be needed later on. Really, when u think about it , it makes sense. But the key is not to let it consume u , not to get too depressed about it . Its easier said than done, but ive been fighting this for a long while. Today im ALOT better than i was months ago.

Just be careful to not be so nice that you don't make any real decisions or have any real oppinion at all. I mean what good is having an oppinion if you are to afraid to even share it. How will you even know who you agree with and who you don't?

Darkest Seraphim said:
If you were given the power to start over,knowing what you know now, would you relive your life differently?

That is a very good question. I have no idea. See I have no real regrets as everything bad that has happened to me has been out of my control anyway.

Like having a varies at 11 that stopped me from walking. I can now but took a lot of heard work. So if I could do it all again but with better health then yes :D With out a shot ad be there. But if I have to deal with the same things again then I don't see how I could do anything different that's going to make a difference to anything.

Skorian said:
lonelydude said:

Just be careful to not be so nice that you don't make any real decisions or have any real oppinion at all. I mean what good is having an oppinion if you are to afraid to even share it. How will you even know who you agree with and who you don't?

Yea, theres adiffernece between being a person's ***** and being nice. U should always be nice, however DO NOT EVER become anyone's doormat. A friendly conversation and a pleasant smile can take u a long way however becoming a person's ***** can land u in aworse situation than u are in now...

lonelydude said:
Skorian said:
lonelydude said:

Yea, theres adiffernece between being a person's ***** and being nice. U should always be nice, however DO NOT EVER become anyone's doormat. A friendly conversation and a pleasant smile can take u a long way however becoming a person's ***** can land u in aworse situation than u are in now...

Well, I don't really know what your talking about. I ment something else. Maybe you can explain?

lol i think i misunderstood what u tried to say as well lol . I thought u said that we should become a yes person and agree with a perosn just to be his friend and i agreed with u on that . I see alot of ppl doing that ,when the reality is that theyre worse off than we can ever be

Abso'fuckinlutely.

There are TONS and TONS of regrets that I've reaped from my life, and perhaps my greatest desire of all would be to just go back and do things right. Given the choice between a million dollars and the chance to go back and right my wrongs, I'd take the latter (given the requisite that I'd go back knowing what I know now, instead of making the same mistakes all over again).

Of course, in practical terms, it would get pretty boring. I'd hate to have to go through all those thousands of hours of school again. ><

Of course, there's also the manipulation of knowledge of the future, for financial gain. =/

I don't think going back would change anything. I've done the best that I can and if I went back and did it all over, I'd end up in the same place I am in now. Any regret I may have would have to do with girls, and how I acted in certain situations. I'm not sure that I would have had the foresight to change my actions since I was so naive, but that would probably be the only thing I would change.

I don't think I would. I have met some remarkable people in my life who have given me some of the happiest moments and words that I could never take back even if they were for a brief time. If I had made different choices, I don't think I would have met these people or have been so happy. I'd regret that most of all.
I'm happy with the person I am and despite my condition right now, I plan to get to where I want to be in mind and body and I won't stop trying ^_^

I voted for starting over...

I am kind of mixed between yes and no though..

On one hand there are a few things I would change.. and I would love to have the chance to spend more time with my dad.. not knowing he would die when I was 24.

On the other hand there are some things I definitely don't want to go through again... and I dont' think I could survive losing my dad all over again.. that was the single most messed up thing I have ever been through and makes me want to cringe/throw up just thinking of it...

no, no matter how hard i'd try, I don't think I would end up doing any better

were all gonna make mistakes, thats what makes us human, so why start over to make mistakes again?

Without a doubt, knowing what I know now? I'll ace a lot more exams, that's for certain and have more time free since I wouldn't be studying ;)

Regards,
IO

Latest posts

Back