Yo!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PurpleFilth

Reaction score
HI!
Im a 21 year old chick whos been looking for 3 years for some fellow girls to hang out with. I dropped all of my old friends because in a nut shell, they were either bad influences (drugs, drinking, partying etc) or just used me as the "back up friend" ("oh so and so isnt here so Ill hang out with you"). Ive tried many things in order to meet new people, sports, school, work, volunteering etc. but no ones been interested for various reasons (huge age gap, busy with life, etc). Im a total tomboy and nerd at heart, I love video games, biking, hiking, concerts, art, swimming, etc. and it would be so awesome to make a friend who I can just laugh my butt off with.

I found this forum after months of looking for sites for people who are looking for friends and all I kept finding were dating sites (not looking for a relationship). Ive noticed that there were a lot of people in similar situations as my own so I hope something finally comes out of all my efforts :/

hey purple filth wlecom to thee forum :)

ah man I can relate to being the back up friend a lot it sucked, eventually you just gotta say fresia em and it's a good thing that you did :)

hopefully now you'll have more room in your lfie to find some better friends they're hard to find but they're out there some where

what videogames do you like? I love biking and hiking? have you tried mountain biking or trail biking it's awesome :)

it's often been hard for me to find productive friends as well, have you tried meetup.com?

I've gone on a few cool meetups through the site, do you know if there are any volunteer oppritunities relevent to your interests anywhere, like at a bike shop or something?

evanescencefan91 said:

ah man I can relate to being the back up friend a lot it sucked, eventually you just gotta say fresia em and it's a good thing that you did :)

hopefully now you'll have more room in your lfie to find some better friends they're hard to find but they're out there some where

what videogames do you like? I love biking and hiking? have you tried mountain biking or trail biking it's awesome :)

it's often been hard for me to find productive friends as well, have you tried meetup.com?

I've gone on a few cool meetups through the site, do you know if there are any volunteer oppritunities relevent to your interests anywhere, like at a bike shop or something?

Right now im playing legend of Zelda Minish Cap for GBA to keep me busy until school starts up again, My favorite games are Megaman games, Super Smash Bros, Metroid, Halo, Zelda games of course basically anything side scrollingish since im not very good at 1st person shooters :p what bout you?
I recently bought myself a Trek mountain bike and I go riding often (not too much on hardcore trails yet! lol) I dont go hiking as much as I use to since I got my bike :p
Yes I have looked into Meetup.com in the past and Ive noticed that a lot of the people who got involved were usually older than me, Ill have to look more into it though Its been awhile since I took a look! So thanks for that! :D
And regarding the volunteer stuff, I volunteer on occasion at my local aquatic center (I love swimming) and I met a lot of people but most of the people there are young high school kids that didn't appear interested in hanging out :/ they were all stuck to their phones as usual :p Theres really no other volunteer opportunities around here that interest me but ive been keeping my eyes peeled!

Red_Cloud said:
did someone say video games???? :D

Yes I DID! so what do you play?

PurpleFilth said:
evanescencefan91 said:

Right now im playing legend of Zelda Minish Cap for GBA to keep me busy until school starts up again, My favorite games are Megaman games, Super Smash Bros, Metroid, Halo, Zelda games of course basically anything side scrollingish since im not very good at 1st person shooters :p what bout you?
I recently bought myself a Trek mountain bike and I go riding often (not too much on hardcore trails yet! lol) I dont go hiking as much as I use to since I got my bike :p
Yes I have looked into Meetup.com in the past and Ive noticed that a lot of the people who got involved were usually older than me, Ill have to look more into it though Its been awhile since I took a look! So thanks for that! :D
And regarding the volunteer stuff, I volunteer on occasion at my local aquatic center (I love swimming) and I met a lot of people but most of the people there are young high school kids that didn't appear interested in hanging out :/ they were all stuck to their phones as usual :p Theres really no other volunteer opportunities around here that interest me but ive been keeping my eyes peeled!

Red_Cloud said:
did someone say video games???? :D

Yes I DID! so what do you play?

anything and everything,ive been playing a lot of super smash bros lately,since my ps3 broke

SuperSmash bros? for Gamecube or wii? I dont own a Wii YET im waiting for the Wii2 next year. I Love super Smash tho for Gamecube I kick butt with Fox, Yoshi, young link and Samus. Who do you play as?

PurpleFilth said:
SuperSmash bros? for Gamecube or wii? I dont own a Wii YET im waiting for the Wii2 next year. I Love super Smash tho for Gamecube I kick butt with Fox, Yoshi, young link and Samus. Who do you play as?

well i play on the wii right now but i used to play it on the gamecube as a kid and it was THE best game EVER

i played as ganondorf and roy

Hey, PurpleFilth!
I hope you find what you're looking for, and good luck finding someone to laugh with. (hehe) There are more laughs to be had in chat than there are around here, but either way, I hope you meet people you like. Please do drop by and check out the chat at least a few times, everyday tends to be different, and who know's who's there at any given time, so give it a shot. :D Hope to see you there!

Red_Cloud said:
PurpleFilth said:

well i play on the wii right now but i used to play it on the gamecube as a kid and it was THE best game EVER

i played as ganondorf and roy

Lol, I was a Marth girl. (hehe) I always hated Roy. But before he was unlocked, I would usually play as Zelda.

Latest posts

Back