you can never go back

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny

Reaction score
Once you know, you can never go back.

It's like that first bite of Filet Mignon that ruins you for life and you always crave its beefy goodness.

Or, that first swig of a really good beer and its accompanying buzz.

Maybe that first lover that shows you just how good another person can feel.

It's like that, only different.

Some run their entire lives away from this truth, convince themselves of anything they must to avoid it at all costs. Others realize it at some point.

The true nature of people.

Like that first filet, that first swig, that first lover - our first complete and total betrayal of trust ruins us by awakening us to to true nature of things - the true nature of people.

Once you truly see it with unfiltered eyes, there is no going back.

The goal for me now is to become ok with what I see and learn to function in that world. Up until now I have teetered back and forth between periods of objectivity during which I was unhappy because I didn't believe in happiness and periods of subjectivity where I would delude myself into trusting even the most suspect of people, places, and things and still be unhappy.

I have to learn to be both objective and happy.

Thoughts?

PS - Knowing what I know now, I would still never choose to go back to ignorance.

Or that very first sin, by which we obtained the forbidden knowledge of good and evil.

Latest posts

Back