You know your lonely when

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
constant stranger said:
An encounter with a stranger asking a question about herbicide at a garden center turns into a 15 minute conversation, and it's the most pleasant human contact you've had for a week.  And then it becomes an enjoyable memory, assuming a significance out all reasonable proportion. 
:(

Pfft if I didn't have retail and telemarketers I would be in the loony bin right now. :)

You now you're lonely when your phone rings & you don't realise it's your phone because you're not familiar with the ringtone. Nice & embaressing when it happens in a public place too!

You know you're lonely when your most frequently dialed numbers are for your doctor, your employer, & your mechanic.

TheRealCallie said:
RadioMan said:
You know you're lonely when your most frequently dialed numbers are for your doctor, your employer, & your mechanic.

Or you're a hypochondriac, have a pushy boss and a piece of honeysuckle car :p

Haha :club:

Actually I'm so lonely that I'm spending my holidays with these people :D

When after joining a forum like this you still feel alienated and somehow every new familiarty fades away with time as nothing new seems to appear from the common zeitgeist.

constant stranger said:
An encounter with a stranger asking a question about herbicide at a garden center turns into a 15 minute conversation, and it's the most pleasant human contact you've had for a week.  And then it becomes an enjoyable memory, assuming a significance out all reasonable proportion. 
:(

Just had one of these... went to get some flooring and met the most adorable sweet sales guy (who was married) and you get the feeling this is something your going to replay in your head for weeks.

Though, as an aside... he seemed to be the lonely one...

When you get a PM and get all excited imagining all the compliments on the brilliant insights you have ...

But it is a spammer who wants me to listen to his "music". :(

constant stranger said:
Lost Drifter and LonelySutton, the three of us live in very similar worlds.

I live there too. I wonder if I get sick or something happens to me who is going to take care of me. I have a daughter that just looks at me like I am the bank. I go to work, focus on that and then come home to a lonely house. It was not like that for me all the time, this happened when I lost my husband to cancer 2 years ago. My birthday was a week ago and I cried cause I had no one to celebrate with and the day before my daughter asked me to get out of the car that I pay for.  I pray that one day this will change.

Sweetheartmom1968 said:
constant stranger said:

I live there too. I wonder if I get sick or something happens to me who is going to take care of me. I have a daughter that just looks at me like I am the bank. I go to work, focus on that and then come home to a lonely house. It was not like that for me all the time, this happened when I lost my husband to cancer 2 years ago. My birthday was a week ago and I cried cause I had no one to celebrate with and the day before my daughter asked me to get out of the car that I pay for.  I pray that one day this will change.

And another one here.............while I wouldn't wish this on anybody, it's kinda reassuring to know that you're not really the only person on the planet living this sort of life even though that's how it feels, so thanks for sharing.
I too pray that it will end soon for you Sweetheartmom x

Jently said:
Sweetheartmom1968 said:
constant stranger said:

And another one here.............while I wouldn't wish this on anybody, it's kinda reassuring to know that you're not really the only person on the planet living this sort of life even though that's how it feels, so thanks for sharing.
I too pray that it will end soon for you Sweetheartmom x

Thank you Gently, I do hope that we all find that someone to share all our life with- the good and not so good. At least we have support on here :)

You know you're lonely when, something funny happens in a TV show you are watching, you look around the room and no one is there to share in the moment, you're on your own

When you only have a few contacts on your phone. All family members, work phone, and a few co-workers you only talk to when they need to trade shifts etc.

When you kill people for company (you know, like some demented, depressed serial killers do).

Latest posts

Back