You know your lonely when

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you miss the characters from TV shows that have been off the air for years and years. And they weren't real anyway....they were played by actors. I find myself wondering what the gang is up to at the "Cheers" bar these days....and it was never real anyway. OMG, I'd still like to live in the "Dallas" world.

You know you're lonely when all you want is a hug, and all you have is a pillow.

constant stranger said:
When you miss the characters from TV shows that have been off the air for years and years.  And they weren't real anyway....they were played by actors.  I find myself wondering what the gang is up to at the "Cheers" bar these days....and it was never real anyway.  OMG, I'd still like to live in the "Dallas" world.

Actually a lot of my daydreams involve tv characters that are gone now and I wish I could go back to that world. I was never a big Dallas fan but I know my dad daydreamed he was JR. 

I can tell you what the Cheers gang would have been up to... they would have been gone because gentrification would have turned Cheers into a luxury apartment complex. So it is just as well you don't know.

Amelia said:
I know I'm lonely when I am the third wheel.

Same here. No wonder I never want to do anything anymore. It's a catch 22. It's either stay home and be lonely or go somewhere and still be lonely because I'm just there, almost invisible.

Greatest American Hero.

Ralph would be in his 60's and still flying headfirst into buildings.

Sadly, Uncle Bill is gone. But I'm sure he'd have found another crazy stuck in the 50's fed out to hunt down commies ;-)

And Columbo would still have a question.

The Fonz would still be Fonzing. And look good doing it.

Osiris said:
You know you're lonely when all you want is a hug, and all you have is a pillow.

there is someone for me to hug but they dont seem to understand the importance of a hug so arent really interested. they dont appreciate how draining depression and loneliness is. my thoughts are with you.

Osiris said:

Aww...

I love to hug my pillow. At least something bright in the day. Or night. :D

When you feel empty, every single day, no matter what you do it doesn't go, it may go temporarily but it always get back at some point or another. When you feel that smthg is missing all the time.

When a girlfriend of yours show you a cute girl and encourages you to look at her and find her cute, then you just turn around and look elsewhere not because said person is not cute, but because you simply don't feel like it anymore.

I've answered this thread before, but I'll answer it again.

When your only "friends" are bar staff who are paid to be nice to you and if you're lucky will add you on FB...I still need a hug tho.. *awkward laugh and sigh*

For some reason when I read the title of this thread, it read as "You know your lovely when" lol.

Anyway... you know you're lonely when you feel like sharing some cake but don't have anyone to share it with.

You know you are lonely when... hmmm many possible answers but I will try to pick the funniest/saddest one: I guess you know you are lonely when you don't need to charge your phone for the whole week, when you check the calls log to just find that last call received was 6 days ago from your mother, who is the only person biologically programmed to care about you. When you start a random conversion with a total stranger at the train station just to remember how your voice sounds like.

You know you're lonely when you talk to yourself in public and don't even try to be discreet about it. Solitude seems so normal that even though you know muttering to yourself puts people off it doesn't matter anymore......you're just going to be alone anyway surrounded by a bunch of strangers who all think you're some kind of psychotic but so what.......

...when you're talking to someone, turn around, see no one there, but keep talking anyway.

When you're just busting to discuss something interesting you've heard about and you end up trying to find a relevant forum.....

When you find something funny or interesting that you would normally show that special someone, and you realize that you haven't talked to them in years and won't be talking to them in the future.

Latest posts

Back