Your dreams

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the past three years nearly all of my dreams have some animal in them if not a whole jungle of them. Frequently it is just one dog or cat that follows me around, other times it feels like some sort of vivid allegory with talking bears and black crows and honey bees, etc. It's wierd. I don't think it "means anything" but since i never dream of anything else I have started to get superstitious about it.

iwasaloverb4thiswar said:
For the past three years nearly all of my dreams have some animal in them if not a whole jungle of them. Frequently it is just one dog or cat that follows me around, other times it feels like some sort of vivid allegory with talking bears and black crows and honey bees, etc. It's wierd. I don't think it "means anything" but since i never dream of anything else I have started to get superstitious about it.

I looked it up on that website bluey linked to, it says that animals represent your animal instincts and that talking animals often give great wisdom in dreams, so maybe you should listen to the talking bears and crows:p

I keep having dreams where I'm smoking and that same website said:

To dream that you are smoking, indicates that you are trying to shield yourself and others against your emotions. You have trouble letting others in.

o pish posh stupid dreams you don't know me

*ignores dreams*

I rarely remember my dreams..I wake up knowing i was dreaming of something but I honestly have no clue what it was. I hate it when that happens, and its been happening to me for the past year already, its so annoying!

flylikeplanes said:
I rarely remember my dreams..I wake up knowing i was dreaming of something but I honestly have no clue what it was. I hate it when that happens, and its been happening to me for the past year already, its so annoying!
samba101 said:
Yes I'm the same a few years ago I could remember my dreams but ask me to write down what they were and I'd be lost.

I think life is to fast. When you go to bed do you both go strait to sleep or do you go to bed a little early to give your brain the chance to drift a little be for you sleep? Also when you get up in the morning do you jump strait out of bed or lay there for a wail?

Try giving yourselves a bit of extra time in bed and put a note-pad and pen next to you on the side somewhere so if you do wake up just after a dream you don't have to get out of bed to rite down what you was dreaming.

Sometimes I dream, quite vividly, that I'm at work. I'll dream that I'm out there piling brush. It's thick and all tangled up, and it's cold, raining and miserable. And you look off in to the distance from where we parked the work rig and you see the boundaries of the job are just endlessly far away stretching off in to the fog. And in the dream you can't hear anything except the muffled-by-earplugs sound of chainsaws, brush cutters, the chipper roaring as it pours out a steady stream of Bull Pine chips.

Then, I wake up. And it really IS cold, wet, and miserable, and I get to go do it for reals. There are very few things more soul crushing :p Thankfully I don't have that dream too often.

Every now and then I dream about my ex. Those dreams are always dark, somewhat surreal. Depressing. Endlessly depressing, no matter how much my 'awake self' is over her. Even to think about the dreams right now, having not had one in several months, sort of brings me down. I really don't understand. It was actually the last one of those dreams that made me find this site.

I heard in shamanism they believe in spiritual guidance, and some people have more than one of them, and they're mostly always animals (I guess they could talk too), maybe that's what they are, you should try talking to them next time! :D (I think it'd be fun at least)

I rarely see animals in my dreams, but I've dreamed of giant insects every onece in a while, they're quite nasty...

man i know what mean brian, today i was so exuahsted, i don't know if i'm stressed over the computer, or if i'm getting a bug or something, but today i when i was overslepping i was actually dreaming that i was up and getting ready school, i dreamt i puting my shoes on and getting my stuff ready, lol kinda ironic huh

:)

man last night i dreamt about thumtakc,s there was a pile of them on the floor and i had to pick all of thenm up, but i kept getting stabbed with them :(

Its weird how even when I know I'm dreaming I still keep my manners in my dreams. A part of me is saying do what you always wanted to do to this person, go on do it, its ok its a dream. I'm still like no, that would be mean/rude.

My dreams vary, though I dream every night. My dreams are odd, but rarely scary. The few nightmares that I do get are terrifying. Sometimes I laugh when I wake up, or I tear a little due to the dream being depressing. Sometimes I'm being chased. Sometimes, I do the chasing. Sometimes, I'm making love. Other times, I'm fighting and destroying things/ people. Sometimes, my parents are still alive. Other times, I'm with my ex. It just varies according to my mood.

A buzzing awake me up this morning. I thought there was a fly buzzing around me and it made me jump out of bed. But there was nothing there. I could of sworn it was real. But all windows are closed and no fly in my room. So the only logical explanation is that it was indeed a dream.

I used to have dreams of getting into fights with neighbors, ex-friends, or strangers. I would usually be outnumbered, but I never got my ass kicked. They usually backed off or got beaten up. Besides that I used to have a mix of strange or weird dreams. I used to have nightmares a lot when I was young, but it rarely happens. I don't think I have had a nightmare for a few years now. The last dream I had was really nice. I was with a red haired woman and we were in our 30s. It seemed like we were married or living together somewhere in California. We were dressed up real nice and spending a day out in the city. I got so depressed when I woke up because I didn't want it to end :(

DayvanCowboy said:
I used to have dreams of getting into fights with neighbors, ex-friends, or strangers. I would usually be outnumbered, but I never got my ass kicked. They usually backed off or got beaten up. Besides that I used to have a mix of strange or weird dreams. I used to have nightmares a lot when I was young, but it rarely happens. I don't think I have had a nightmare for a few years now. The last dream I had was really nice. I was with a red haired woman and we were in our 30s. It seemed like we were married or living together somewhere in California. We were dressed up real nice and spending a day out in the city. I got so depressed when I woke up because I didn't want it to end :(

Don't you just hate waking up just be for you get to the best bit lmao Its always the same. Its like the news interfering half way fro a good film then you getting to tied to wait for the other half of the film to start again.

When you have dreams like that frustration becomes your best friend lol

Arnaert said:
Its weird how even when I know I'm dreaming I still keep my manners in my dreams. A part of me is saying do what you always wanted to do to this person, go on do it, its ok its a dream. I'm still like no, that would be mean/rude.

Yes that is weird how even in our dreams we still have boundaries.

Time for a little thread revival. :p

Well, I had my first "nightmare" that I've had in a long time. Can't remember the last time I had one.

Anyway, I was in some place...I think it was some random apartment or whatever. 2 of my old roommates were there (the ones I didn't get along with as well towards the end) and we were all sleeping in the same room. We talked for a bit (about what, I can't remember) and then it came time where everyone fell asleep (I say everyone cos for some reason it felt like at least one more person was there but I can't remember) and I was up. The door was open and the hall light was on. For some reason I was looking there and thought I noticed or heard something. Then I actually did see part of the arm of a jacket slowly appear into the hall, just a sliver. I tried to quietly say something to wake the others up as I became concerned. Then, the rest of the man appeared, dressed in black and he walked closer to the room. I began frantically calling out to the others to wake up, that someone's here and there's danger, but no one would wake up, and before I knew it he was in the room, came towards me, I started shrieking a little at the others, he made this...eerie expression, like he was a madman or something....then drew up his arm, holding a small knife (bigger than a pocket knife) and plunged it at my heart. I woke up, right as I felt the tip of the blade start to puncture my skin, and my heart was racing. Was a very odd, very weird, and disturbing dream. =\

I don't have dreams anymore. I don't know why but I never dream. No nightmares, and no normal once. I know people say "You don't remember it" But in the last 7 years I haven't remembered 1 dream from any night...and it's kinda frightening.

Naval_Fluff said:
I don't have dreams anymore. I don't know why but I never dream. No nightmares, and no normal once. I know people say "You don't remember it" But in the last 7 years I haven't remembered 1 dream from any night...and it's kinda frightening.

I went through periods where I wouldn't remember dreams either Naval. Not sure if I've ever gone that long, but it's sure felt like a long time at times, particularly when I was in middle school/beginning of high school. I know I've gone about a year without remembering any of my dreams.

Latest posts

Back