Your dreams

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Estreen said:
Naval_Fluff said:
I don't have dreams anymore. I don't know why but I never dream. No nightmares, and no normal once. I know people say "You don't remember it" But in the last 7 years I haven't remembered 1 dream from any night...and it's kinda frightening.

I went through periods where I wouldn't remember dreams either Naval. Not sure if I've ever gone that long, but it's sure felt like a long time at times, particularly when I was in middle school/beginning of high school. I know I've gone about a year without remembering any of my dreams.

And I thought I was the only one, I thought I was just goin crazy :p it's wierd tho, like, I've never had a nightmare about a scary movie or anything...

Hehehe. Well, when I was a kid I'd have the occasional nightmare, but once I was in my double digits pretty much, I pretty much stopped having nightmares. I'd just mostly have weird or odd dreams. Never really happy but never scary. Sometimes they'd be sad (like the ones in which my bf either ignores me or leaves me) and sometimes they'd just be plain neutral.

I'll tell ya one thing though; I've never flown or have fallen in my dreams, ever. >.>

I was on a ferry that was traveling across the ocean. There was an altercation between several people on the ship and two of my friends were thrown overboard. The sea was freezing cold, and if they didn't get help soon they would die of hypothermia. I asked the captain to stop the ship so we could rescue them, but he wouldn't. I decided to rescue them in a life boat with another person, but first we gathered up some blankets and supplies because we knew the ferry would leave us behind. We couldn't find a compass. When we got ready to drop the boat we were already at a tropical island, and neither of us could tell from which direction we had come. I lost all hope of ever rescuing my friends. It was devastating.

Then the boat started maneuvering through the shallows of the island coast. Natives emerged on the sandy beach and started throwing spears at the boat from beneath the coconut trees. Some were shooting arrows. I was unprotected on the deck, so it was very threatening. I managed to evade all projectiles as we passed by. Some natives waded out into the water and boarded the boat from the rear. We fought them off, but they managed to take a man from the boat with them. He had no legs. We sped away.

I have 2 types of dreams.

1) Nightmares about my past that actually happened.
2) I am running from people, usually the police or other people trying to capture and/or kill me. I'm usually with the woman I'm in love with, and I do everything I can to protect her. I do all in my power to protect her from everything.

My dreams are really realistic, and sometimes I cry, or feel anger when I'm sleeping. Sometimes I wake up crying and other times I wake up mad. I only wish I had someone to protect. I'd do the same in real life.

Knight said:
2) I am running from people, usually the police or other people trying to capture and/or kill me. I'm usually with the woman I'm in love with, and I do everything I can to protect her. I do all in my power to protect her from everything.

weird. i have had those for years and years.
there would be some sort of police/secret service trying to capture/kill me. usually it ends up with me taking refuge in a flat owned by a friend/family member, and getting sold out to whoever is trying to capture me. i'm alone in mine though.

not sure why.

anyway. weird that you have those too i guess.

dead said:
Knight said:

weird. i have had those for years and years.
there would be some sort of police/secret service trying to capture/kill me. usually it ends up with me taking refuge in a flat owned by a friend/family member, and getting sold out to whoever is trying to capture me. i'm alone in mine though.

not sure why.

anyway. weird that you have those too i guess.

Yeah I guess it's because I really want to be with someone I love.

The last dream i had or remembered was me banging my ex-gf while she was giving me head.
It wasn't really that big of a deal. It seemed so real. It just kind of suck being awaken by a
warm wet feelings running down my shorts. Usually she swallows.
I guess all of that is stored in my brain becuase we had sex 10 thousand times for reals.

Kind of like how I used to pee in my bed when i was a kid.
A was dreaming I had gotten up and went to the bathroom to pee...then I'm awaken
by a warm wet feeling of me peeing in my fucken bed.
It fucken retarded too...becuase in my dream I'll actaully pitch myself to makesure i wasn't
dreaming to makesure I wouldn't pee in my bed...but wtf !!!

I dreamed of my highschool friends last night, we haven't been in touch for 14 years, in my dream we were playing basketball and we told each other perhaps we should get together and play at least once per week, another dream where I relive my youth.

The night before I dreamed of something happy, but I can't remember what, the night before that I was angry, but I don't remember what it was either, the past couple nights I woke up really refreshed and rested, I guess these dreams are actually great for me and maybe they're what I really want to see/happen.

when i was younger, probably between like 13-16 i used to have a recurring dream. i was deep under water and i was frantically swimming towards the surface and right before i got to the top i ran out of air and woke up before i knew what happened. i would be covered in sweat all around my neck and chest. it stopped after i moved out at like 17 though.

A couple of weeks ago I dreamt that I lost both of my legs when the aircraft I was flying got shot down. Then I woke up at a hospital where I got these cool cybernetic legs. :D Yup, this was actually a good dream compared to the depressive stuff I get most nights.

during my nap today... I had a dream that I was at a shopping mall, wearing these thigh high, orange, fuzzy hair boots... and somehow I knew everyone at the mall...

Those are interesting sites. And it all makes sense. My dreams always have recurring elements, such as strange aircraft and eerie things in the sky. Middle school, high school and college also seems to plague my dreams with variable settings and situations. I remember dreaming as a kid about a random white autobot rapping and break dancing on the freeway (although I don't listen to rap). I find that many people actually don't like sharing their dreams.

My dreams very rarely involve me; its almost always a third party observation of a character within a story or a narration of a certain character's journey. I've wondered if it is a statement of my mental pecularities. Some of my better stories found their initial inspiration from such a seed.

IgnoredOne said:
My dreams very rarely involve me; its almost always a third party observation of a character within a story or a narration of a certain character's journey. I've wondered if it is a statement of my mental pecularities. Some of my better stories found their initial inspiration from such a seed.

That sounds like quite a useful creative "ability" actually :D

Mine have always been in first person as far as I can remember.

My dreams are:

- Always really intense if I remember them
- Either really good or really bad

When they're good, I always seem to wake up right at the best bit of the dream :rolleyes2:

Nicest dream I've ever had sounds ridiculous in concept but it was so awesome at the time. I was transformed into a ninja warrior through training at the beginning, then got sent to some kind of Arabian land to rescue a princess. I did, I took her on some kind of really cool magical thing (a flying carpet? I don't remember :p ) and then we were about to kiss when I woke up...

Bad ones are more diverse. I've had this awful nightmare that I was at the local swimming pool, but it was filled to the brim with HUGE man-eating sharks. Like, 15-20 foot long behemoths. For some reason I was being forced to get to the other side, so I was trying to shimmy along this impossibly narrow ledge which was really slippery.

Eventually one just leapt up and grabbed my leg, at which point everything went black. Horrible!

Worst one ever was a dream of nuclear war. I knew of a bunker nearby where I'd be able to hide with my family in safety, so I left it to get to them. They refused to come back with me (for the most illogical reason...they claimed it was "too Australian", lol :D ) and then I was just staring out of my window as the sky turned orange in the distance.

Then the weird thing was, it felt like I was burning. Sort of really, really intense heat and almost pain too, for about a minute. In the dream I was screaming, then I woke up. Stuck with me for a while actually.

I see many weird dreams, which can be very crazy. o_o

I don't see any nightmares, thankfully, but those dreams what I see, can be a little scary... They are so strange!

Previous dream what I remember somehow, was something like this: There was a young girl (she had fairy wings, lol...) and one young boy and they hugged. Then the girl left and she walked into a rainbow-colored mist. The end! O_O

TheSolitaryMan and lonelyfairy make some good observations. It is interesting how in REM sleep, your dreams can seem like pure reality as you are dreaming them, no matter how bizarre they are. That's when a sort of shock-and-awe comes into effect and you can sense or smell things, like what TheSolitaryMan said about the burning sensation. During vivid dreams I am often given the ability to make decisions or alter things entirely. It's almost like a weird alternate reality inside your mind, provided with the network of your sub-conscience o_O I think dreams are cool..

Last night was like a short film movie night of dreams for me, all included a dog I once owned & miss. He was in less than desirable situations and I tried rescuing him each time. I woke myself up by the sound of my voice (I tend to talk in my sleep as well as have vivid dreams) between each dream (I recall three). I feel very sad cause I miss this dog now and worry about his well being.

Last night my older sister & I lived together in a huge house, she threw a huge house party that I was surprised about. I was also surprised that she was making meth in the basement at the same time and everybody at the party was on drugs doing all sorts of violent, risque things ... it was a long night for me! Oh and I had three dogs from the shelter that were being mistreated by the doped up house guests

Last night I had a dream that somebody shot one of my cats, that's all I remember, I woke up crying. I hate my brain sometimes.
I once had a dream where I was walking across a beach that was made of human skulls/bones instead of sand, my grandfather was with me.
I don't really remember many of my dreams.

Latest posts

Back