Your first time driving?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"This hunk of metal is actually moving when I ask it to. OMG."

Pretty much summed up my first experience of driving :p

As for accidents, if you're a good driver you at least minimise your risk. The unfortunate thing is the number of penisheads who roar around like morons and end up killing other people, which you can't do much about.

Since passing my test I've hardly driven, mostly down to my parents. I think I will try and change that soon, since the world will be open to me once I get that sorted.

One "adult" thing I still want to do (that I haven't yet done at 20 :rolleyes: ) is to get in my car, drive to a shop, buy a sandwich, sit on a nice bench alone and eat it quietly, then drive home again. Weird desire, but meh :D

annik said:
Thomas] said:
cheated on his driving test ? excuse me ? :p

He cheated on the part where they ask you to read a numberplate because he knew where he'd be asked and he memorised all the numberplate's there. He didn't have his glasses at the time. He passed. He was a good driver though, quite safe. It was when he was out of the car that was the problem! :p

Omg! Lol. I almost failed on that in my driving test too! I hadn't updated my glasses in about a year, and I had to squint to read the number plate. I had to take an educated guess at the last 2 characters, and luckily I was right lol. Nightmare, I thought I had failed right from the start and had to drive with that 'knowledge' :(. Surprise when I passed!

meekthoughts said:
Thomas I'll take your car from you! xD Though I'm also on a student budget so I can't do much with it either. :\

I know it sucks :( Why can't they teach us for free :( Don't they know that having money to sort out my car makes me more likely to make it to lectures on time? :rolleyes:

annik said:
Well I think its at a set distance so its checking your eyesight I think its something you can fail on so...He described it as cheating anyway.

In the US, we have machines for that. You put your head into this thing, and try to read the small script that is superimposed before you in virtualized distance.

IgnoredOne said:
annik said:
Well I think its at a set distance so its checking your eyesight I think its something you can fail on so...He described it as cheating anyway.

In the US, we have machines for that. You put your head into this thing, and try to read the small script that is superimposed before you in virtualized distance.

Yeah I had to do that I remember. It looked blurry at first, and I had some trouble reading; the guy immediately figured out "Oh, contacts" and asked me if I used them, of course I did.

IgnoredOne said:
annik said:

We have them here too, first time I passed the eye test without my glasses. Second time I screwed up and somehow made my vision a bit blurry so I couldn't focus as well. They figured out I wore glasses and marked it on my license. :(

Yeah I don't know what its like here now the guy I mentioned took his test about 10 or so years ago. Hmm that makes me feel old.

Latest posts

Back