Your Heritage

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My heritage is this huge burden on me, I hate it but I have to accept it, that I am foreign and I always feel so foreign. I hate that I am not just an English Rose like my older sister and well all of my family. However, such is life.

I am Jamaican and Brazilian 🙃 slowly learning to be less ashamed of that…

My heritage is this huge burden on me, I hate it but I have to accept it, that I am foreign and I always feel so foreign. I hate that I am not just an English Rose like my older sister and well all of my family. However, such is life.

H O T

From what I know, I'm made up of English (I live in England), Irish and Scottish heritage. Probably accounts for my combination of dark hair with pale skin and green-ish eyes.

Exotic! But I can sympathize with the feeling of wanting to be like everyone else. However, I think those around you would miss out if you were something different than who you are.

...In any case no one thinks in terms of heritage anywhere all over europe, this seems to be an American concept.
As a proud American I can agree with that. But it makes sense. Europe has over 2,500 years of recorded culture and history. Asia has over 3,000 years. The USA is only just under 250 years old as a country. So, we look back to where our families came from in order to have a sense of history and continuity.

Just wanted to point out that without Jamaicans to invent it, ska and the whole subculture around it would not exist.

No shame in your heritage at all (y)

Ashamed? That's disheartening. I don't condemn anyone for their heritage, but I have a fondness for Jamaican and Brazilian, both. I am much more comfortable with those cultures than the cesspool that I'm from.

Be proud. You come from very rich and colorful backgrounds.

I still have relatives over in Italy, that I would love to see one day.

My father used to visit Italy often when he was growing up. He loved it.

Why would you have to be ashamed of that?
I don't know if there's any heritage one would have to be ashamed of.
In my book, people should only take credit or blame for things they did themselves.

My heritage?
My parents and grandparents simply were Flemish, so nothing exotic in the first few generations, don't know much about the whole family tree, but I think it's pretty local.

So, if I was to date you and did something wrong, would your five or so Italian brothers kick my ass? Ha! Ha!
lollll
I don't have any siblings, you need not worry :)
She is setting you up. All Italians have siblings, even if they aren't related. I know a good hiding place for you.

Psst, Rohini, get with me later and I tell you where he is.

Why would you have to be ashamed of that?
I don't know if there's any heritage one would have to be ashamed of.
In my book, people should only take credit or blame for things they did themselves.

My heritage?
My parents and grandparents simply were Flemish, so nothing exotic in the first few generations, don't know much about the whole family tree, but I think it's pretty local.
It's funny, I spent my whole childhood being told how I didn't fit in, and how my bio family are from poverty and blah blah... to the point that I hesitate in telling people when the inevitable question comes up... "So, where are you really from?". People judge so harshly when you are different that all I wanted to do was be the same...

Latest posts

Back