A Boring Life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miasheen

Reaction score
What a boring life. I'm really bored with my life. Im 20 and im tired with my daily routine. i get up in the morning, prepare, go to work, work for 8hrs, then go home and then sleep. that is what i do everyday. its really tiring. i dont get to experience something exciting. theres no thrill in my life.

dont get me wrong. ive got plenty of friends both females and males. i enjoy hanging out with them sometimes but still theres something missing and i dont know what. i can smile and laugh all day long but deep inside im not that happy. its been a while since i felt that i was truly happy.

maybe i just need a love life or something. but i do have crushes but still i dont get too excited about them. can anyone help me? give me advice or explain my current situation. or just anyone who's close to my situation. lets just talk to lessen the loneliness i feel inside.[/size][/font]

Thing is some people need others to give them that "push" to do stuff . I'm kind of like that , I don't like it but that's who I am , I need someone to tell me to do something and do it then Im good. I have the same problems with my friends , yeah its nice to hang out but it get's boring fast for me , I need diversity in everything I do. So their all like lets hang out , go to a club etc , I'm bored of those things , I want to do stuff , going into a locked up room filled with fumes and smelly dancing people who drink and try to go all "peacock" on the opposite gender isn't my definition of fun , thats a social activity which I don't care much about.
Now another problem with doing fun stuff is money which I really don't have any to spare right now.

And if it makes you feel any better I just spent my first month of the year sleeping all day and studying , not having a PC because it broke or any other source of entertainment.

You're not alone, I find life really dull and uninteresting almost on a daily basis. Sadly the only thing I look forward to is new video game releases, gaming has been my way out of reality since I was about 4 years old, with Star Fox!
As with one of the posts above, I need a "push" to do anything worthwhile - otherwise I just sit in my own boredom and/or misery. Sometimes life is great, but the majority of the time it's always the same grey picture over and over again. I'm sure a 'love life' would colour your life up a bit, when I had a long-term girlfriend my life felt more as if it had some meaning, than just me being by myself.

Join the vagabond movement, it's extremely exciting. If you enjoy travel, and are willing to give up certain amenities in order to do so extremely cheaply then you might really enjoy it.

Want to know how I started? Make an account on couchsurfing, and take some time to set up a couch in your own home and also network with people around the world. When you feel ready, take off to another continent for a few months. Don't spend money on train or bus tickets unless absolutely required; feeling the land move beneath your feet is unforgettable.

Humans are nomadic by nature, so i'm not very surprised when I hear about people feeling extremely restless. Even if the vagabond lifestyle isn't for you (and chances are it isn't, I spend 8-9 months of the year travelling abroad), chances are getting away and exploring a portion of the world on foot for a few months will redefine how you see life. Don't cage yourself into a small corner of the western world.

Foxo said:
Join the vagabond movement, it's extremely exciting. If you enjoy travel, and are willing to give up certain amenities in order to do so extremely cheaply then you might really enjoy it.

Want to know how I started? Make an account on couchsurfing, and take some time to set up a couch in your own home and also network with people around the world. When you feel ready, take off to another continent for a few months. Don't spend money on train or bus tickets unless absolutely required; feeling the land move beneath your feet is unforgettable.

Humans are nomadic by nature, so i'm not very surprised when I hear about people feeling extremely restless. Even if the vagabond lifestyle isn't for you (and chances are it isn't, I spend 8-9 months of the year travelling abroad), chances are getting away and exploring a portion of the world on foot for a few months will redefine how you see life. Don't cage yourself into a small corner of the western world.

I don't have a problem with boredom- always so much to do, but I do feel restless. Thanks for throwing this post in Foxo, it's something I'm going to look into. I'm lucky enough to have started a job that will let me bank overtime hours and take off several weeks at a time. I'm kind of annoyed with having worked so much of my life away and not really having gone anywhere- yet another change I plan on making.

Good call. If you have the ability to take off a few weeks than I definitely encourage it. Not many people are given that opportunity. Luckily I've managed to find ways of making enough money to cover me indefinitely while travelling. I tend to come back simply to visit friends and family, or simply to veg for a few months from exhaustion. I understand I may not wind up building a huge pile of wealth, and my retirement may be difficult, but when I see the looks on peoples faces when I tell them what I've seen and done, none of that other stuff matters much.

Foxo said:

more info please

Your depressed. Why?

You have friends, is it a problem of not being able to get "personal" with them?

5pt7art said:
Foxo said:

more info please

What would you like to know? There are a lot of things to cover if you want me to get into specifics, but I'm more than happy to share.

A lot of people make the mistake of assuming this sort of lifestyle is easy though, so be aware of that. You'll be giving up things like comfy beds at night, tasty and rich foods, easy transportation and even clean bathrooms for the most part depending on where you go. Not only that, but it's pretty likely you'll wind up in at least a few situations where you're worried or even scared, again depending on where you go and what you do. If that sounds not only tolerable but appealing than you probably have an interest.

Most of the time the hardest part is making the decision to leave. If you're really intent on this sort of lifestyle it means giving up quite a lot. There are those who save up vacation time and leave for a month or two every year, but if you aim for indefinite travel than that means redefining how you make money.

Anyway, if you're still interested send me a message. Don't want this thread to get too off-topic. That goes for anyone else interested as well!

Ak5 said:
Your depressed. Why?

You have friends, is it a problem of not being able to get "personal" with them?

i dont know why im depress. :( its just that im tired with what i do everyday. i get too personal with them then i build a wall after a while. wahhh. something's wrong with me. :(

Rizno said:
You're not alone, I find life really dull and uninteresting almost on a daily basis. Sadly the only thing I look forward to is new video game releases, gaming has been my way out of reality since I was about 4 years old, with Star Fox!
As with one of the posts above, I need a "push" to do anything worthwhile - otherwise I just sit in my own boredom and/or misery. Sometimes life is great, but the majority of the time it's always the same grey picture over and over again. I'm sure a 'love life' would colour your life up a bit, when I had a long-term girlfriend my life felt more as if it had some meaning, than just me being by myself.

i tried doing martial arts, musical instruments and sports but still i get tired after doing it for a while. love life, i have a problem with dealing people who like me. :(

miasheen said:
What a boring life. I'm really bored with my life. Im 20 and im tired with my daily routine. i get up in the morning, prepare, go to work, work for 8hrs, then go home and then sleep. that is what i do everyday. its really tiring. i dont get to experience something exciting. theres no thrill in my life.

dont get me wrong. ive got plenty of friends both females and males. i enjoy hanging out with them sometimes but still theres something missing and i dont know what. i can smile and laugh all day long but deep inside im not that happy. its been a while since i felt that i was truly happy.

maybe i just need a love life or something. but i do have crushes but still i dont get too excited about them. can anyone help me? give me advice or explain my current situation. or just anyone who's close to my situation. lets just talk to lessen the loneliness i feel inside.[/size][/font]

I can absolutely relate to this. For a while now I feel like I have just lost almost all the fun in my life. I do the same thing almost every single day- wake up,go to work,go to gym,come home watch movies/shows and surf the Internet until its bed time. Each day I blindly hope that something new and exciting will happen but it never seems to.

It has a lot to do with where I live. The city I live in esp the town is really a snooze. Its full of backwards yokels whos only idea of fun is going to the bar every weekend and getting honeysuckle faced drunk. Or going to a small,stuffy night club with bad music and unattractive people crowded around. I know people always tell me to do certain activities to have fun but I cant help it that I dont find those things fun.

The only time I can really say I have fun and enjoy life is when I go on a vacation trip usually once a year. Went to South Beach,Mia last year and absolutely had a blast....then came back home and was even more bored out of my mind because of how much fun I had. Im not depressed,I know what thats like and I dont want to kill myself or give up on life. If anything I love living and I love myself....just very bored. Good to know Im not alone here.

I recently came across a definition of boredom that has me thinking...

boredom is the opposite of being interested.

We get interested in things when our subconscious thinks that whatever we are doing in that moment will be useful to learn or remembered for later use.

and the sensation of being bored is the opposite. Its when the subconscious has something it needs to do and believes is more important that whatever you are currently doing.

TV and games may distract the sub-conscience for a little bit. but the feeling of boredom will come back over and over again.

Now when im bored. I sit and think about why Im bored.

It has often occurred to me that I could very well end up in the rat-race. sleep, work, downtime, repeat.
It often occurs to me that i can expect much pain, sadness, loneliness and more pain over my life. I can expect the opposite at well.
And then after working like a slave for many countless years, when my body and mind are becoming incapable of working the rat-race any further, society will 'retire' me in where I shall spend my time trying to pass time in such a way that does not leave me depressed and suicidal. At least that is my impression.
So I have asked myself: How do/have the elderly make/made it through life and why?

Frequently I find myself in states of despair and depression. I find myself content and happy as well. Sometimes I only barely make it through. It confuses me in why I feel these things that I have no 'name' for, so I only say 'despair', 'depression', 'content' and 'happy' after giving thought to what the word commonly means in the English language and to what I have noticed about me.
It seems to me that so so many people, if not everyone, goes through these exact same problems; from the meaning of life, pain and loneliness, partner problems, ect.
If then these problems are experienced by others then how about the elderly?

Perhaps its just a direction, purpose or meaning that gets people through the day. Perhaps its the hope that tomorrow will be more ideal than today.
Happiness comes from within rather than without. A lamp does not inherently give happiness but rather our perception of it and what it means to us. Perhaps one should change themself to experience life in such a way that enables them to be content with the most meagre, that way no matter what happens oneself will always be content. The person who is content at existing or the person who is content with sex?

Perhaps one can be more intrigued by their life by giving everything they are aware of their entire undivided attention rather than being dismissive about it. Its not 'just' a 'bug', its not 'just walking', its not 'just depression'.
Everything is changing constantly, continuously. Now is not what it was a second ago. Nature never stops changing, Energy continuously changes (for example: kinetic, light, sound, electric, ect).
A change in perception can be more exciting than a change in career.

I'm sorry if it seems irrelevant or pointlessly long but I can only speak from my experience (as I am all I am aware of ^^; )
Hope it helps somehow!!

I find this life so boring it suffocates me, I try to make life exciting but Im still empty and bored. I live alone, initially not by choice but now it is. I work, l go gym, l make time with the two family members I have left in my life and l don't have any real friends, fresia dat l don't have friends. Im dying of boredom. I always try to make things happen but l have the worst luck (bad omen or something) coz everytime l try with something it seemed to fresia up in the end. I dont get the point of this life...

I have a few boring days but I'm never bored. I love playing golf so I do that 3 days a week. I like football so I watch a match when I can. I have too many interests to be bored. Reading for example, watching dvd's, learning about things etc

Well a lot of people get stuck in this routine thing y'know...I have myself
I guess one thing you can do is break the routine, do the work you have to do but add something new everytime, if you work around other people, try messing with their heads :D or just playing aroound with them.
you have to pinpoint what this unfulfillment you describe really is, if it is loneliness then you can easily identify it, some people are with other people all the time but still feel incredibly lonely because they're different. So try to understand what you're feelling first, then work on it. It might be because of general emptiness/shallowness making you feel something's missing, look for something deep and meaningful if thats the case, its hard though

I know what you mean, OP. Although when I get a job again I will end up devoting myself to it.
It's finding something/someone new that could help, it would help me.

You can dance around it all you want.
Write 50 novels if you want.
Pretend it dosnt bother you.
If theres a lack of balance in your life.
That feeling of something that's missing is obvious
Work, Love and play.

What's missing?

As humans we're also designed to love and be loved.
No just the friendly kind of love...the intimatcy kind of love that we also need.

Relationships can be trouble some for a lot of people.
Is it not obvious why people try over and over again wheather relationship works out or dosnt?
That natural desire to love and be loved are very strong for some people...or rather the pains
of loneliness or what some term as this crazy bordom is too painful for some people to bare.

Some get into relationships for the right reasons with the wrong people.
Others get into relatiopnship with the right people but wrong reasons...ect

Of course we all want the lovely house in the country with white picket fences....
No dramma,....no trauma.
Just a simple man that can earn an honest living with honest work and come home
to love his family and be loved.
Of course..the devil always wanna fresia honeysuckle up in paradize.lol

Im a little discontent with my life at the moment. I know what's missing.
Yes I hang out with friends and party.
May be I'm just too tired from everything or a rough weekend partying.
But the thought of working, getting into another relationship seem a bit piontless, dull and borning to me.

Ive been all over the place with Sassy for the past year. Yes it was like a wild journey. Love passion, hatred...ect.
Loving her and being with her was far...far..far from routine or stable. I was never borded being with her.lol
Since Ive been home to CA...I feel restless and discontent with everything.

Yet, Ive been in long term relationship with Sherry for over decade in this town.
I went to work and came home. We'll go out on our so call date nights...ect
My life was balanced. I was far far from being borded. It was a stable life..

And today all of that seems dulled to me. Sometimes I feel that disconnection from life, again.
Sassy is my baby's mama. My duaghter is Kimi K.
The circiumstance with all of this is rather complex.
Everytime i talk to Kimi it's really really hard for me.
I cant fix things for her. and I'll going into deep emotional pains.
Its not boring that for **** sure. But its rather too painful for me too bare just the same.
It's a lot of reasons why everything seems stupid to me.
So im not sure if my brain is just going to a shut down effect to prevent me from going crazy crazy.

I've been bored for the past year. Ever since moving to a small town and knowing nobody. It was hard to make friends. I met some at church but its shallow and superficial at best. Just the kind 'hi' and 'how are you' comments. Next month I move back to the big city. I will be alone in my own place but I have old friends there. Plus there are activities to do there for a change. I'm hoping to make new friends and do new activities.

When living in a small town all I did was go on computer, eat and sleep. I slept most my year away because of bordom.When I lived with my son I had company so wasn't as bored. My friend Mike came over lots too. He kept me busy. But my son moved away so I ended up at my brother's place, in the small town. My brother is not much for company. He prefers being by himself. I dont understand how he can be alone for years and not get lonely or miss having friends. He always prefers being by himself always.

So next month is a new start for me. I am hoping it'll be better than what things are now. Bordom makes one restless and make one feel like climbing the walls. I dont want to become bored, bad enough being bored in a small town with no friends.

Latest posts

Back