A thought...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamer8

Reaction score
The people who hurt me,and have hurt me online aren't a part of my world.
I don't see them every day,they don't live here with me or in my state.
They don't truly know me or how awesome I am.
They can't touch me.
If I want to get away,I can just log out,or turn my computer off.

I let myself be open to people who essentially don't exist!

It's refreshing to come to this realization.

I have come to that realization too...

But I have also come to the realization, that in being open with the people who are safer, I learned how to be open. I learned how to express myself. Years later, I am begining to be open in a positive way with a (select) few people. Had I not been open with the ones online, I don't think I would have known how.

I dont exist? :(

I think you're bullshitting yourself saying they don't exist. They do.

Online friends are friends too. Perhaps you need to take a personal inventory and see where you're consistently going wrong with online friendships. It can hurt to be blunt with yourself, but sugarcoating things sure as heck isnt going to help.

Online friends are real people. However to someone on this site, who finds their life lonely, they are a huge blessing. It provides you with someone you are completely removed from. You don't have to worry about being judged or being betrayed.

In essence it is the fact that you are two randoms picked from anywhere in the world that makes you able to trust one another so quickly.

Lurker.In.The.Night said:
I dont exist? :(

I think you're bullshitting yourself saying they don't exist. They do.

Online friends are friends too. Perhaps you need to take a personal inventory and see where you're consistently going wrong with online friendships. It can hurt to be blunt with yourself, but sugarcoating things sure as heck isnt going to help.

I have no idea who you are.
Those people don't exist in my every day life,so they don't know me...and honestly I don't go wrong with internet 'friends'. They seem to vanish,or never get online. With your assumption,this post had absolutely nothing to do with internet friends.
The post had more to do with me getting out of my computer and seeking out real people I can connect with.

Latest posts

Back