Alone In my Apartment

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhGodImLonely

Reaction score
Hello guys. I'm glad I found this forum because I wanted to share some of my feelings with some people and I practically don't have any to expose my problem to so...

Here I am, a 29 years old living in a remote town far from the city and I'm new to this town. I don't know anybody above the hollow relationship I entertain with workmates during break time and that's about it.

I only work week-ends, and during the week I spend the time in front of my computer. I read a lot and I like to learn new stuff about a lot of things in life. But apart from that I don't do much. The prospect of getting out and have a walk is spoiled by the fact that I would do it on my own. Plus the weather is crap over here and no seaside or mountains in the area so it's pretty much the standard town which doesn't pretend to anything.

Anyway... sometimes it drives my mind crazy pacing up and down in my apartment. I have the occasional phone call from a friend or two that live of course several hundred miles from me. No girlfriend at all. A few weeks ago I thought I'd found one at work but it seemed I was delusional. She didn't feel the same as I though I thought she did... etc.

I hope I get some feedback from you guys. I need people to talk to even if it were computer people. It doesn't matter any more. Thanks for reading.

Well, that's is a bad position to be in. You'll find a lot of good people to talk to around here. What kinds of things do you do for fun? - you might find some people with similar interests if you post a new thread about one of your interests (or find a thread that someone has already created about them)

That sounds like a very tough situation you're in. You should find a fair few people including myself to talk to on here. So don't worry about being completely alone. If you're looking to meet people, but you're shy, I'd say go for some volunteering. I was shy when I did it. I was so shy that I wanted to find a place that let me sign up to any projects online. After some looking, I found something just right~

Any chance you could move to a place that would suite you better? Sounds like you're not happy there. Maybe a change of scenery would be good for you.

Any interests and any such interest group in your area? Will be easier to hang out with people of similiar interests.

1.) Go on reddit.
2.) Find city you are in by typing reddit.com/r/_____
3.) Join that subreddit.
4.) Go to their meetups.
5.) Loneliness solved.

You type your city's name where I did the ____

theraab said:
Well, that's is a bad position to be in. You'll find a lot of good people to talk to around here. What kinds of things do you do for fun? - you might find some people with similar interests if you post a new thread about one of your interests (or find a thread that someone has already created about them)

I actually have no interests except maybe my love of literature which is quite a lonely hobby. I like travelling. But the lack of money prevents me from travelling much. For fun sometimes I empty out a bottle of whisky. And I do it on my own... Or I play chess online. But I'm not good at it. Yep...

Gutted said:
That sounds like a very tough situation you're in. You should find a fair few people including myself to talk to on here. So don't worry about being completely alone. If you're looking to meet people, but you're shy, I'd say go for some volunteering. I was shy when I did it. I was so shy that I wanted to find a place that let me sign up to any projects online. After some looking, I found something just right~

I'm actually not shy. It's just that I lack the necessary skills to make friends. I can talk to people but then I won't be able to sustain the relationship. It's a mix of a want to be with people but a fear maybe that I can't stand up to who people like to be hanging out with. I find myself rather dull. Except when I drink whisky (I can be real fun) but when I'm sober I'm rather dull and don't talk much. I seem kind of depressed, which I am I think and people notice it and they stay away from me maybe because of that. It's an endless vicious circle...

perfanoff said:
Smile! :) If you give out a positive vibe, you'll met plenty of new people!

I'm not in the mood...

Unwanted94 said:

Yep...

PlayingSolo said:
Any chance you could move to a place that would suite you better? Sounds like you're not happy there. Maybe a change of scenery would be good for you.

Yes I'm planning to leave this place as soon as I can. Actually my work contract ends by the end of December. Then I'll the money to go somewhere else. I am going to a friend's a hundred mile from where I am right now. We plan to go to Australia for a one year trip. But it's not sure yet. The prospect of going there with a friend is the only thing that keeps me from not being down all the time. I hang on that hope not to fall to low into the pit of that horrible loneliness I think...

SophiaGrace said:
1.) Go on reddit.
3.) Join that subreddit.
4.) Go to their meetups.
5.) Loneliness solved.

I don't like meeting people that way. It's seems so unnatural to me... And I'm afraid I'd be awkward if people get along well while I'm keeping silent, not knowing what to say... and be boring as a consequence.

SophiaGrace said:
1.) Go on reddit.
3.) Join that subreddit.
4.) Go to their meetups.
5.) Loneliness solved.

Being in a group of people doesn't solve loneliness. In some cases, it can just exasperate it because you see all these people who know each other interacting and you feel like the odd one out.

LonelyInAtl said:
SophiaGrace said:
1.) Go on reddit.
3.) Join that subreddit.
4.) Go to their meetups.
5.) Loneliness solved.

Being in a group of people doesn't solve loneliness. In some cases, it can just exasperate it because you see all these people who know each other interacting and you feel like the odd one out.

Exactly.

Well your new to the place so it's understandable that your lonely, you've not made any new friends yet! Especially if you was in a good social position before...

Hey at least you've got your own place! You just gotta get out an meet some new people.

I know how you feel, all i do is be alone and on the computer. If you need anyone to talk to then i'm always here.

9006 said:
Hey at least you've got your own place! You just gotta get out an meet some new people.

I know I've got my own place but it's not enough to me. I'd rather live in someone else's flat and getting company at least. Lonely home in a lonely town is not for me. I need to go.

Grey said:
I know how you feel, all i do is be alone and on the computer. If you need anyone to talk to then i'm always here.

Thanks dude ! ;)

Latest posts

Back