Alone Time

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gutted

Reaction score
I've realized that I spend a lot of my time alone. I'd say about 75%. It's not really by choice as if I had my way, I'd hang out with friends every day like I used to.

These recent thoughts got me thinking. Am I alone in being alone a lot of the time? Do others spend as much time alone as I do. How does it effect those who do spend a fair amount of time alone?

It personally doesn't bother me at all most of the time. I am often busy doing practical things so I don't think about it. But there are those occasions when I wish someone was around. Someone who I could talk to, play games with and throw all-nighters with.

Tell tell! (Questions are in the middle paragraph lol)

Hi Gutted.:)

You aren't alone in being alone Chief. This forum is packed with lonely members. I live with my parents and grandmother. They share absolutely none of my interests, so when I need to talk to people who share the same interests, I come here. Hmmmm.... You say that If you had your way....Is something holding you back from hanging out with friends?

Other than work I'm on my own for the rest of my time since I don't have family or friends to hang out with. It's both a blessing and a curse.

LoneKiller said:
Hi Gutted.:)

You aren't alone in being alone Chief. This forum is packed with lonely members. I live with my parents and grandmother. They share absolutely none of my interests, so when I need to talk to people who share the same interests, I come here. Hmmmm.... You say that If you had your way....Is something holding you back from hanging out with friends?

Oh in this case I'm not referring to any lonely folks. I'm not lonely at all. I'm just curious as to how much time people spend physically on their own. From my experience, a lot of people spend a lot of their time with family so they're rarely alone. Family is something that I've never had much of though so it's mostly friends who I hang with.

As for your question which I didn't see at first (lol) Lots of things hold us all back. Sometimes they're busy with work, as am I. At the moment, work for us is crazy. We get some here and there. Other times they're busy or I am busy. We always manage to be busy at the wrong times. Like when it's going to be a nice sunny weekend, I'll suddenly be called for work or have to do something out of the blue. Sometimes some of them don't want to come out. Sometimes, due to one or two people not wanting to come out, the rest don't want to come out.

I can just be very social really. I'd happily make time for friends who can make time for me. I used to know 3-4 people who I could simply go to and they'd be willing to hang out. Sadly though, I fell out with one Girl (Becky) because her Sister is a lesbian and for an unknown reason, she (her Sister) thought I had a problem with lesbians lol. I knew this Girl for like 8 Years and we fell out for that reason (In short, she just has a bad temper and she flipped out at me because of what her Sister said. I just said go away and come back to me when you change your attitude. That was that) This other Guy (Jamie) and I used to hang out all the time. We did so for years. But then he moved to Cyprus with his new Greek Girlfriend. The last time I saw him was on Boxing Day of 2010 (The day my French Ex (Blandine) first came to stay with me) Was awkward. Wanted to hang out with him but I kinda had this hot Girl in my crappy house LOL. Then there is an old friend of mine now (Reiss) who I rarely still hang out with. We sorta went different directions in life. Whilst I try but struggle to do things the right way, he's descended into the common stereotype here which consists of taking and selling drugs (I think) As I very very rarely hang out with him, I don't know if he actually does take and/or sell drugs. Finally there is my old very good friend (Javed) who like me, tries to do the right thing but struggles. I see him rarely as he moved from 10 minutes away from me, to a 30 minute bus ride away. Thus, my 4 most available friends are not very often available these days, if at all.

I think this is my longest post to date lol. Good luck reading x] Edit: I had to edit this post about 50 times to correct things xD

Do things like classes count if we socialize during them?

Too much time alone makes me feel like I'm off in my own little bubble, totally out of touch with everything.

These days I'd say I'm alone around 90% of the time. I'd really like to have people to hang out with, but after many "disappointments" with friends I've learned to enjoy being alone. I'm just waiting til I'm ready to go back out there.

Latest posts

Back