Am I too late?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiger lily

Reaction score
is 25 too late for a first relationship, Ive not even met anyone so it maybe 28 before my first relationship...I dread to think

Ive had people tell me things will happen in time ever since I was 19, I feel so panicky now and completly stressed out.

I don't think you're too late, your first relationship doesn't have to be so 'heavy' that you fear it.
Go out with a guy you like for a date, go window shopping, hold his hand and give him a little kiss if you feel like it.

Its just part of getting to know someone and that is the magical part when you click with them and have a good time :)

You should never think its too late! Negative thoughts like that have negative effects. (That may sound ridiculous but it's true!) Sometimes online dating sites can help but are never 100% accurate. No matter how old you are, never give up on anything, remember this: God has a plan!

Not to late...
its kind like ur suffering from perfectionistism manifesting itself in a relationship or lack there of.
Your fear of getting hurt or wanting to lose ur virginity to only one man...Im not sure....
Fear will stop you in ur tracks or get you moving...
Most people want to be with someone forever...but its not a perfect world.
Ive been heart broken..involved in toxic relationship..etc @ the sametime I also experinced alot of love and good times too...
Gotta take the good with the bad..I guess.
So my HSGF are getting back together again..Were both very happy at the momentt..So its not too late..
Plus whatever experince or mistakes we made and learned from.Ulitmatley we will be better for each other.
I guess our love must be very strong...its a long...long term relationship .

Lonesome Crow said:
Not to late...
its kind like ur suffering from perfectionistism manifesting itself in a relationship or lack there of.
Your fear of getting hurt or wanting to lose ur virginity to only one man...Im not sure....
Fear will stop you in ur tracks or get you moving...
Most people want to be with someone forever...but its not a perfect world.
Ive been heart broken..involved in toxic relationship..etc @ the sametime I also experinced alot of love and good times too...
Gotta take the good with the bad..I guess.
So my HSGF are getting back together again..Were both very happy at the momentt..So its not too late..
Plus whatever experince or mistakes we made and learned from.Ulitmatley we will be better for each other.
I guess our love must be very strong...its a long...long term relationship .

yea I do see your point, but its like for example I like someone now and I think he likes me but the one downfall he has is that he seems to get very depressed frequently and talks very negativly which I need to help bring him up to a positive level, he talks about no meaning, which kinda gets me down too, its emotionally draining. Yet hes very interesting caring person also. I just worry if I went out with him it would be co-dependant atleast on his side and thoses kind of things end in heartache from what I can tell. Its like I cant help it, I just see potencial dangers very early on and so figure its best to avoid getting involved. I don't mean to be perfectionist I just cant help it.

...and the thing is I'm always meeting people with negative traits, I feel like I should be with someone who wont bring me down. That's not relationships are ment to be about, thats why I continue waiting.

Will...If the warning signs are there..its there...follow your gut instinks or intuitions...
Getting the life force sucked out of you is totally lame.

@ the samething...alot guys like to play the vitim role or say depressing stuff to women...its just another pick up stratagy...take me home with ya..and fix me back to life...
Trust me...I did that in my 20s to get some women .lol

Yes..thats what Renae N I are doing..Were bouing off of each other with positive energy or attitudes.

Maybe just allow ur self to fall in love
or just date guys..
You a smart woman...break them off or make it clear to him..you wish not to hear the negative stuff anymore.
Sometimes you gatta do straight up communications.

Lilly....
I aslo want to Thank you for some of your psot. I got the message when I really needed it

Anout you looking for a guy with positie energy to boune off of it other..

i applied that with Renae..and its working. Renae in general wants those very samething that you want..

Yes you seem like you are overanalysing situations. You never know the guy might even change his outlook on things a bit, you might even make him a bit happier about life so it may bring out the good in him.

I say actually give him a shot but you have got to be confident in yourself. If you go out with him and the pessimism starts affecting the relationship then talk to him about it and if nothing changes then move on... everyone is different and some people are just no the right one or in the right time of their life for relationships.

Also, incase this plays on your mind, try to forget other people when it comes to this (as in people in your social group or whoever) because it is your life not theirs.

Btw, everyone has negative traits... everyone has good and bad traits its what makes them who they are its just some have more bad than good and vice versa. Also a trait which could be seen as a bad trait may be the whole reason for a very good trait in a person. It seems like you are really focusing on the bad traits... try to focus on the positive traits of people. You may see someone being depressed as a bad trait and it is but its also not necessarily permanent. If the person is a nice caring person then they have some very very good traits!

Like for me personally... im quite a shy person i would see it as a bad trait but im a very caring person and also my anxiety has caused me to spend alot of time on the things i enjoy (which happens to be guitar and music composition). If i was a very extroverted person you can guarentee i wouldnt be as good at music as i am now. :p

Latest posts

Back