Bad days

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Did you ever have a day where you just wanted to give up and throw in the towel? No matter what you do it's wrong and you can't do enough to make it right? I feel like these days are happening more and more. When these days occur, I just want to curl up on the couch with my laptop and watch TV all day. It's so hard to overcome these days anymore. I try to talk myself out of them, but I get nothing, not even one ounce of encouragement from my family. They don't see that I am drowning in despair or if they do, they don't or won't help me. I am so frustrated and wish I could be rid of them all. I'm tired of these bad days!!

onedepressedmom said:
Did you ever have a day where you just wanted to give up and throw in the towel? No matter what you do it's wrong and you can't do enough to make it right? I feel like these days are happening more and more. When these days occur, I just want to curl up on the couch with my laptop and watch TV all day. It's so hard to overcome these days anymore. I try to talk myself out of them, but I get nothing, not even one ounce of encouragement from my family. They don't see that I am drowning in despair or if they do, they don't or won't help me. I am so frustrated and wish I could be rid of them all. I'm tired of these bad days!!

Snap..I know exactly how you feel.I'm sorry that you are going through this too.It was like reading my own story. l have days like that all the time.They just don't seem to see that I am so lonely and frustrated.I too spend hours watching tv or on this now to escape.

I can't sleep, and when I manage a few hours, I don't want to wake up, because that is when everything looms over my psyche. I try to find "me" things to do...but I have been going that road for decades, and now, everything seems empty :(

onedepressedmom said:

ABrokenMan said:
I can't sleep, and when I manage a few hours, I don't want to wake up, because that is when everything looms over my psyche. I try to find "me" things to do...but I have been going that road for decades, and now, everything seems empty :(

I can relate, especially recently.

ABrokenMan said:

Same here, it is 5.47am and i cant sleep, then i wont want to wake up because i will be sleepy and because i wont want to "surf" the life.

onedepressedmom said:

I've had though days, I just have to get up. Even if it was just because my dog was wanting out.

The part with the family, I want to comment on. I had a mother that was very depressed. We saw it, we tried to help, but she pushed us away and became very negative to us. A one point she tried to kill herself and left the home to do so. I was a teenager, and I drove all night looking for her so I could find her and stop her. I kept texting her trying to get clues to where she was and she told me no one cared or wanted to help. It actually made me really angry, because here I was driving around the county til 5 am, and I had school in the morning. I didn't care? I wasn't trying to stop her and help? I ended up skipping school the next day and going to my grandma, because I knew I wasn't mature enough to help her or deal with it.

Your family may care, and you don't realize it. I do this when I get in my moods. I think nobody gives a honeysuckle about me, but really I have students, friends, and a boyfriend that support me and want to make my day better. I just have to take those grey depression glasses off and think straight, which I know is really hard to do.

I get days like this very often as well and can identify with you. It is very painful to go through this kind of thing.
Maybe your family members have never felt this way themselves so are unable to relate to you or to know how to help you?

Oh gosh. Oh my. All of the above posts, I've lived my own versions of them all. I've been the depressed one; I've been the family trying to cope with the depressed one; I've been the family sick and tired of coping with the depressed one; I've seen my mother out on a ledge and I've been gotten out of bed by a dog insisting it's time for his feeding.

I heard a sort of optimistic analogy once.....living this life is like driving a car through the night...we might only see as far as our headlights can shine, but that's enough to get us to our destination.

Well it made some kind of sense at the time.

I've been feeling that way far more than usual over the last week or so. Like nothing I do matters and its not getting me anywhere. I usually escape into films or video games to alleviate the feeling. I'm getting a road bike tomorrow so that will keep me active which makes me feel 100 times better...Things have got so bad though I've slowed down my job applications due to so many rejections and the same on the online dating front. I'm tired I just want to sit down away from everything and just forget about all this crap.

Latest posts

Back