Do You Ever Think About People You've Met or Dated in the Past?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think about 'the women who got away' - meaning women I could have dated if I had said something or asked them out or whatever.
I think most of the time whatever I would have done wouldn't have mattered one iota. They weren't interested and any interest was my imagination only.
There haven't been any 'green lights' or signs. It's not a case of me not having the ability to see signs, it's simply they don't exist and never have.
A few women have been nice to me in the past. I have a special name for it -'sponsor a donkey' - women see me as a unattractive guy, nice but not much going for him and they feel sorry for me.
I think some women are like that. It's more a case of 'poor thing' rather than finding me attractive.

Triple Bogey said:
A few women have been nice to me in the past. I have a special name for it -'sponsor a donkey' - women see me as a unattractive guy, nice but not much going for him and they feel sorry for me.
I think some women are like that. It's more a case of 'poor thing' rather than finding me attractive.

Aw, you are harsh on yourself! :(

-Teresa

I usually only think of them, if something triggers a memory. But I don't tend to dwell on it. I will have a lit memory and the move on. I suppose when I get a let down I think of my past dating, or the one or two guys that might have been nice to see if anything developed, but again can't dwell on it.

Way too often. I reached my peak years ago when I got a girlfriend for the first time. I couldn't believe my luck but it went downhill quickly.
It's not really a productive thing to do generally though since it's just reminiscing about something that's long gone.

SofiasMami said:
Triple Bogey said:

Aw, you are harsh on yourself! :(

-Teresa

Maybe but I do think women feel sorry for me.

She-ra said:
I usually only think of them, if something triggers a memory. But I don't tend to dwell on it. I will have a lit memory and the move on. I suppose when I get a let down I think of my past dating, or the one or two guys that might have been nice to see if anything developed, but again can't dwell on it.

Sometimes a change of seasons does it. For example, if you spent a lot of time with someone in spring, the following year or years to follow can remind you of them just from the scent in the air, the temperature, the light breeze etc...

More than I should. I like to think about things in general. It's kind of addictive.

^ For me as well, more than i should, that is. Whenever i feel down i usually start reflecting and dwelling on the past, notably people from the past. The great people i have met and how i lost them. So by now, when i catch myself thinking of these select people again more than normally, i know there's something going on and i need to fix it.

I think about my last relationship years ago. I sometimes wonder how she's doing, never enough to spur me into reconnecting. As that last door was closed years ago, there is no point in opening it. Caused me a lot of pain and it took a long time to come to terms. Feel like if i ever did reconnect i'd feel a huge divide and it would come flooding back. I think it true that you need someone else to come to truly forget someone and build a life..otherwise you'll always go back to the last one and think about it.

Friends have come and gone some have stuck all but a few and they're the ones that matter.

I think everyone thinks about their exes at some point.

ladyforsaken said:
kamya said:
Peaches said:
kamya said:
Just had a call from one waking me up this morning. See... I told you they don't leave me alone.

eheh, you must be too good to leave behind

I wish. I think they just like to check up on me to make sure I'm still the loser they thought I was. :O I have another one that always wants me to join her and her new boyfriend in playing video games. I dunno. I usually try to stick to the no contact rule for at least a good while, but they always want to keep in touch.

If that's the only reason for them contacting you still, then screw them. You know better and deserve better than that, kamya.

Hmm.

There are moments when sometimes I think about all the different people I've ever met in my life and what kind of lives they have now. Even if I only talked to them for a moment.
Is that weird?

I sometimes recall a sound piece of advice,given to me many,many,year's ago,in my first job,in an engineering firm,when I was 16!

"Never trust a Man with clean overall's,he is either lazy,or thinks he is better than anyone else,to get his hand's and overall's dirty"! :)

Yes, and it's actively bothering me lately.

I've decided not to stay fixed on the past, because it just adds to the time spend waste on regret or locked in negative emotions.

It's hard to stop, though.

mountainvista said:
Yes, and it's actively bothering me lately.

I've decided not to stay fixed on the past, because it just adds to the time spend waste on regret or locked in negative emotions.

It's hard to stop, though.

Yeah, totally.
I think I was having a moment when I made this thread. Hopefully that moment won't come back :)
Staying stuck in the past makes you older and not to get too Zen but the past really doesn't exist in our human world except in our minds. All you really have is now.

-Teresa

Despicable Me said:
There are moments when sometimes I think about all the different people I've ever met in my life and what kind of lives they have now. Even if I only talked to them for a moment.
Is that weird?

Not at all.

Despicable Me said:
Is that weird?

If it is, then i'm weird too.

Rosebolt said:
Despicable Me said:
Is that weird?

As am I. Hell, I still occasionally think about lads and lasses that I met on holiday when I was a teenager...

Cavey said:
Rosebolt said:
Despicable Me said:
Is that weird?

As am I. Hell, I still occasionally think about lads and lasses that I met on holiday when I was a teenager...
Thanks for the input everyone. :)
I actually wondered about that one for a while. I know everyone sometimes 'remembers back' on old flames and the like, but I wasn't sure if many people really looked back on the people they barely knew.

Sometimes I think about people I may never have even talked to and from my way distant path, like people who were in my classes in school that I never even had the chance to talk. I don't even know why, but I'll wonder if they are doing okay and think that if they weren't happy how I may have been able to change their lives if I'd had only known then what I know now and have just gone up to them and been their friend. Of course, I'll think about the people I did meet, too, and wish the same thing.
Whenever I look back I just always want them all to be happy without me. It actually bothers me to think that there were people in my past that might not be happy now.
So, is that just me or do you people do this, too, or do you have other reasons?

And now ... I wonder if anyone ever thinks of me like that? Hmm...

Despicable Me said:
So, is that just me or do you people do this, too, or do you have other reasons?

Partly. For me it's mostly the same, except for this part:

Despicable Me said:
It actually bothers me to think that there were people in my past that might not be happy now.

I personally don't have that. It speaks to me that not all people in general are happy, but not specifically the ones that i have met in one form or another. That sounds to me like you partly blame yourself for not making more effort. Is that true?

In any case, as for the rest, i also think about people in school or elsewhere that i never spoke to, how they'd be doing now etc. Not too often, but every now and then. And how school would be different if i was the person then that i am now.

Latest posts

Back