Do you think some people are destined to be alone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, everyone deserves to be happy. I genuinely believe there is someone out there for everyone, the problem is that most of us here have problems meeting people, so we don't find each other, having nearly 7 billion people on the planet makes it a literal needle in a haystack. We just have to persevere :)

MrE1986 said:
No, everyone deserves to be happy. I genuinely believe there is someone out there for everyone, the problem is that most of us here have problems meeting people, so we don't find each other, having nearly 7 billion people on the planet makes it a literal needle in a haystack. We just have to persevere :)

So what makes you think that the person that is for you hasn't lived and died already 30 years ago? :p

Badjedidude said:
I don't think anyone is destined for anything.

We decide the course of our own lives.

^ This.

This is beautiful yet painful journey and it can be hell or heaven. I wish I could choose the heaven, a different approach without this loneliness. Currently I'm living hell.

Badjedidude said:

There are too many factors out of our control, for this to be true...

Batman55 said:
Badjedidude said:

True, but then, calling it destiny or fate seems to imply theres some sort of plan, that somehow things will turn out for the best, or that in the end there is some kind of justice or purpose everything has, because of some reason bigger than us. But objectively speaking, there is no reason to believe that, other than feeling better with your luck. Of course everything happens for a reason, events or people dont randomly appear and disappear around you, there is a reason why some people are alone, that doesnt mean there is a purpose, or some kind of intelligence behind that persons fate, its just the way things turned out to be.

MrE1986 said:

I agree there is someone out there but realistically most people wont search for someone unless they are living within 10 miles of them so that greatly limits there choices.

Yeah, some people are destined to be alone. I think that I will probably be one of those people, a forever alone. I already am and always been. People may say that you control your own fate, but what about the ones that are trying so hard but nothing seem to work their way and actually ended up all alone?

I sure am.

Yoosha said:
People may say that you control your own fate, but what about the ones that are trying so hard but nothing seem to work their way and actually ended up all alone?

all of the above

I don't really feel as if people are destined to be alone, but allow themselves to be alone.

After so many failed attempts at relationships or meeting people, some tend to give up or blame everyone else for their failures instead of giving the thought that maybe they are the actual problem.

Batman55 said:
Badjedidude said:

true

just like getting a job, you have to be chosen by somebody. I couldn't get a job for years. The one I have now, I was lucky, sent a spec letter off at exactly the right time. Somebody had been caught stealing and got fired. They needed somebody quick. They rang me up, I was only in because my Dad had ordered some new windows. Otherwise I would have been playing golf. I went for the interview 2 days later and got offered the job there and then. The next 30 minutes was the best of my life, that feeling. That was 16 and half years ago. Still there. Totally different place now. Who knows ? If all those things hadn't have happened I could be still unemployed.

I never get picked or chosen, women, employers, whoever.

I don't believe in destiny or fate, but I certainly think some people are much more likely to end up alone, sometimes for reasons beyond their control, sometimes just bad luck involved in never meeting a person who could see past the inadequacies.

ardour said:
I don't believe in destiny or fate, but I certainly think some people are much more likely to end up alone, sometimes for reasons beyond their control, sometimes just bad luck involved in never meeting a person who could see past the inadequacies.

This.

I know I'm not perfect looking, but I wish someone would just look at my soul and heart, instead of looking at my face and body.

I wish we didn't have bodies. I wish we could judge people by souls.

Are some people destined to be alone?

Of course...next question?

Some people live long and painful lives alone and never make a peep about it (perhaps beyond the occasional post on a message board). To suggest that they can control it sounds good...but may be naive....which is too scary a thought for most people to grasp.

I think that 'destiny' or whatever you want to call it can be postponed. There's this little game called The Stanley Parable, it's essentially about choice. One of the endings essentially deals with the protagonist simply refusing to move, and the game basically says that his story has paused. And I think that can happen in life, sometimes. You are stuck, lonely, unhappy, for whatever reason, unable to move forward with life. This is not what you're 'destined' for; if you can't find the strength somehow to get out, then you are unable to find the life you were really meant to have.

it could be just bullshit, but I hope it's true

Latest posts

Back