Do you think some people are destined to be alone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also do believe that what happens to you defines what the course of your life will be, whether or not that is positive encouragement or negative bullying and reinforcement.

I also believe that children who are bullied are more likely to become targets of adult bullies, marry into abusive relationships, and pass on poor self esteem to their own children. Which does a circle.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
ardour said:
I don't believe in destiny or fate, but I certainly think some people are much more likely to end up alone, sometimes for reasons beyond their control, sometimes just bad luck involved in never meeting a person who could see past the inadequacies.

This.

I know I'm not perfect looking, but I wish someone would just look at my soul and heart, instead of looking at my face and body.

I wish we didn't have bodies. I wish we could judge people by souls.

This.

I wish the same thing ...

But I think some people will be 'destined' to be alone simply because, no matter what they do and how hard they might try, nobody else will be bothered to make the effort to even try and know (and love) them.

Cucuboth said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
ardour said:
I don't believe in destiny or fate, but I certainly think some people are much more likely to end up alone, sometimes for reasons beyond their control, sometimes just bad luck involved in never meeting a person who could see past the inadequacies.

This.

I know I'm not perfect looking, but I wish someone would just look at my soul and heart, instead of looking at my face and body.

I wish we didn't have bodies. I wish we could judge people by souls.

This.

I wish the same thing ...

But I think some people will be 'destined' to be alone simply because, no matter what they do and how hard they might try, nobody else will be bothered to make the effort to even try and know (and love) them.

Exactly this.... Exactly this indeed...

^ I get why some might think that, but I will have to respectfully disagree. I would dislilke not having a mental image of someone that I like for their personality because regardless of what they look like that mental image can make me smile.

Some people are just less attractive appearance-wise and might not have the social skills/charisma to compensate, or they don't make a good first impression and get written off
...or all of the above :(

No. I don't believe in superstitions. There is plenty to do to not be alone, if you are willing to do it. Whether or not you will find your version of the perfect romantic partner or friends is a little harder, but you can definitely get some sort of significant other or friends if you really wanted to. You just have to give it your all. Does anyone here ever remember a time when you had to run a lot, or do something else physical to the point of exhaustion? It will feel like that at first, but if you really stick with it you're bound to break through.

One thing that's helped me immensely is by looking at people who don't have any trouble in the areas where I can't seem to win, and examining what we do differently from each other. For example, I've studied guys I know who seem to always be doing something exciting, always have something interesting to discuss, and have girlfriends that they are happy with. I've noticed that these guys are always positive, and seldom if ever lose their temper or even complain, especially about things like politics or their job/boss or money or first world problems or the weather ( I would give anyone a free pass for complaining about matters of life and death though, or matters of great emotional or physical pain. That I can understand. ) I've also noticed that they are all in good physical shape. They are all well-read, and they are all continuously making progress in their passions. That seems to be the magic formula because I've seen it over and over again. I don't want to copy them or anyone exactly down to the details, but sometimes it helps to understand the general concepts of how life works.

Me on the other hand, until recently I was waking up late, only working out and reading and practicing things I enjoyed when I felt like it, spending too much time surfing the net skimming so many articles so quickly that I barely ever remembered what I read, complaining about anything and everything, thinking life was just screwing me around like a cat toys with a mouse, wishing things would just get easier out of the blue and telling myself I can't do this and that, am too old, too dumb, etc. Needless to say there was a very stark contrast between me and the guys who were living the way I always wished for myself.

Look at yourself and look at the people who have what you want and see what they are doing differently to get the results you want too.

I don't think anyone is destined to be alone, we need to start looking at the postive

I think that some people deserve to be alone and that some people are better off alone. I'm probably one of those people.

Retrospective81 said:
Ok,

I keep meeting people who I cant seem to et a relationship with. recently I met this lady from another country. We like each other a lot and I have been very honest with myself and my 'troubled' past. But the thing is, she is a devout Muslim and believes she should not be wth or marry a non Muslim guy.

Its the same thing everytime. I also joined a penpals site (interpals) created my profile and posted my pic but I have a hard time getting any connections or even a reply back.

Does anyone else Strule with online life? anyone else feel online socializing has become more picky like real life then compared to say? 15 years ago?

Wow, I was just thinking this question before I logged back onto here.

Personally, I think people are "destined" be be whatever they choose to be. Those who work hard and go for what they want will achieve whatever they are looking for. I believe that loneliness falls is the same as anything else.
I don't really believe anyone WANTS to be alone, but sometimes, life gets in the way and makes us feel rejected so we stop trying. Even if you THINK this isn't the case, it usually is. Think long and hard about what you REALLY want and what you are HONESTLY doing to get it.
Rejection, whether you've been rejected once or a dozen times can really weigh on a person's mind and make think they aren't worth much or that they don't deserve anything or anyone. However, if you keep trying, if you keep pushing, if you take small steps, you will get there in the end.
You cannot succeed if you don't fail somewhere along the way. It's up to you what you let failing do to you.

some people find it easy while others find it difficult to find somebody.
There is a league table, a pecking order going on. When your at the bottom of it, things will be tough. Not impossible though because you never know what's round the corner.
It's hard not to think about it when you see couples all over the place and stupid ******* bragging on facebook.

Destiny can go fresia itself. What happens and what you do are all that counts...

Latest posts

Back