Does anyone else feel like this or have you felt like it before?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hearmenow2012

Reaction score
I just decided to type out in a word document how I feel about life in regards of how things used to be and how they are now to make sense of my life a bit more. I hope that there are some that can relate to my story. I believe that I answer my own thread though because I believe that it has something to do with maturity.

Here is what I typed out:

I was taken care of/supported for quite some time (It's not like I was spoilt or anything) that I don't believe that I am able to take responsibility for my own life besides buying myself shopping and other everyday essentials. If I do spend money then I generally want to spend it on fun things/moments of enjoyment such as going to a concert/show, buying a new video game (rarely), new films or a takeaway.

Sometimes something as important as a new pair of trainers are not bought right away (reluctant to do so until I see it as being completely necessary). I wouldn't like it too much if I was suddenly given the responsibility to pay for more i.e. Broadband bill which is going to happen one day.

I'm only 21 years old, but I actually feel younger than I am (I fear for the future because I do not feel mature enough to deal with life).

I think what you said is very true about maturity it does seem to come a lot into a subject like this, also your mood at the time can be an influence.

If i was to sit and write a story about how i feel life is then and now i know it would be very negative and depressing even the 'happy' parts. I could wake up and write it tomorrow in a slightly better mood and it be something more pleasant.

Its a typical thing to do in life look back at it and think 'it was better back then when this happened' or 'i miss the old times when' but sometimes was it really that good? And if it was embrace that and try to bring some of it into your future. Easier said then done i very well know.

The future is a scary thing, waking up tomorrow could be a good day or a disaster we just don't know.

I'm only 25 myself but i have times when i feel so much older (and the odd moment i feel 5 again) all i can offer as advice your still young try and enjoy your youth/life you never know what the next day will bring (sorry to sound cheesy at the end there)

*Sammy* said:
I think what you said is very true about maturity it does seem to come a lot into a subject like this, also your mood at the time can be an influence.

If i was to sit and write a story about how i feel life is then and now i know it would be very negative and depressing even the 'happy' parts. I could wake up and write it tomorrow in a slightly better mood and it be something more pleasant.

Its a typical thing to do in life look back at it and think 'it was better back then when this happened' or 'i miss the old times when' but sometimes was it really that good? And if it was embrace that and try to bring some of it into your future. Easier said then done i very well know.

The future is a scary thing, waking up tomorrow could be a good day or a disaster we just don't know.

I'm only 25 myself but i have times when i feel so much older (and the odd moment i feel 5 again) all i can offer as advice your still young try and enjoy your youth/life you never know what the next day will bring (sorry to sound cheesy at the end there)

The more that I hear from you. The more that I agree with you. I'm enjoying the fact that we keep 'bumping' into each other on different topics, but we usually address each other directly :)

Latest posts

Back