Don't want a girlfriend anymore

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JHK said:
Batman55 said:
Man, how can you just "give up" like that?

I don't believe you literally "do not want" a girlfriend. I believe for whatever reason, you have convinced yourself it is not worth the effort.

Sooner or later, once you realize just how penetrating the loneliness/lack of affection becomes, you're going to "want" a girlfriend again. Think of the time you wasted in the meantime.

Never give up.

It's hardly a waste of time if he is working on himself, is it?

As for genuine humans... THAT I get. People who are not out for just their use of you are hard to find. In all my almost 22 years, I have found two people that were worth more effort on my part then they put into a relationship with me - that were worth going above and beyond for, though I lost one anyway. The rest disposed of me as their use was gained. That's society now.

That's another thing. My value is comes from what I can do for people (Which I don't have a problem with. That's how economies work.) but it comes to a point to where I can't even have a friend let alone a Sig. other. I kind of went through a period of where I essentially bought friends. I still have that mindset today and I'm trying to get out of that habit. I've been at it for two years, so there is that. Every now and then I just ponder whether or not to download that tinder app and experimenting with a year on match. Other then that, I just don't worry about it.

wolvesjr said:
African_weasel said:
PPS: I also think Social Media may have bastardized human interactions

I'm in full agreement there. We as humans seem to have lost a lot of our ability to interact with people because of social medis. Everyone walks with their head down focusing on their device rather than focusing on the people around them

That. Facebook rips the meaning right out of life. What value is having a friend if all it took to get that friend was a slight push on a small screen? What good is it when your date narrates your date on Facebook, even as you're out together?

TheDude76 said:
That. Facebook rips the meaning right out of life. What value is having a friend if all it took to get that friend was a slight push on a small screen? What good is it when your date narrates your date on Facebook, even as you're out together?

Facebook doesn't rule everything. And for those people in which it does take over, they've missed the reason behind such a thing anyway.

Latest posts

Back