feeling so alone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PurpleHippo

Reaction score
recently my best friend who has been my rock for a very long time has started pulling away from me(cannot blame her) but it has left me utterly lonely while i have always been lonely its just getting worse

sorry for my patheticness

IgnoredOne said:
*hugs* Tell us a bit more about yourself?
thank you, well my name is chris and i have social anxiety and depression, she was my ex but it was only online and i dumped her because i didnt feel good enough to be with her and she deserved someone she could hug, not much has happened since then i am just trying to get my life together(going to my first therapy session friday) and she seems to be pulling away while i am trying to get help

so how about you? thank you for the reply again :)

Sorry you feel this way, mate.

It's good that you are going to therapy and taking positive steps. It can only help. Perhaps this girl is pulling away because you dumped her and not because you are seeking help. Perhaps she needs to know why you did it.

jean-vic said:
Sorry you feel this way, mate.

It's good that you are going to therapy and taking positive steps. It can only help. Perhaps this girl is pulling away because you dumped her and not because you are seeking help. Perhaps she needs to know why you did it.
thank you alot

she isnt pulling away because i dumped her it was 3 years ago plus she got with another guy within a day of me dumping her so it isnt that

PurpleHippo said:
thank you alot

she isnt pulling away because i dumped her it was 3 years ago plus she got with another guy within a day of me dumping her so it isnt that

Haha, ignore me then. Getting my info all wrong. If it's a new behaviour then, it is strange.

jean-vic said:
PurpleHippo said:
thank you alot

Haha, ignore me then. Getting my info all wrong. If it's a new behaviour then, it is strange.
lol your hypothesis was a good one given the information you had

i remember back in the day i used to have a good group of friends, now im not sure how many i have not many though i always assume i am annoying people so i tend not to speak to them

can i do anything for anyone here?

PurpleHippo said:

i remember back in the day i used to have a good group of friends, now im not sure how many i have not many though i always assume i am annoying people so i tend not to speak to them

I know what you mean. Feeling like I'm an annoyance has prevented me from starting many a potential conversation, in the real world and on here.

And, there's always someone who needs help here. Well, we all do. Anyone who doesn't is either a troll or comes here just for the fun of it.

jean-vic said:
PurpleHippo said:

I know what you mean. Feeling like I'm an annoyance has prevented me from starting many a potential conversation, in the real world and on here.

And, there's always someone who needs help here. Well, we all do. Anyone who doesn't is either a troll or comes here just for the fun of it.
its a horrible feeling that because then people judge you, so either way your being judged, i am lucky in a way all i want out of life is a girlfriend and a few(2 will be just fine for me, maybe 3) good friends and i am set for life, but something which would be like walking up a hill for most people is like walking up everest for me

and i am happy to try to help anyone here if i can

PurpleHippo said:
its a horrible feeling that because then people judge you, so either way your being judged, i am lucky in a way all i want out of life is a girlfriend and a few(2 will be just fine for me, maybe 3) good friends and i am set for life, but something which would be like walking up a hill for most people is like walking up everest for me

Honestly mate, I know exactly how you feel. Social anxiety is an affliction I suffer with. Admittedly, it's a milder form, but it can still be crippling. The simplest tasks, such as saying hello, are some of the hardest things imaginable. I need a shot of Jack Daniels just to maintain eye contact with people. ;)

Offer help where you can, and hopefully people will help you. I'll always be around if you ever want a talk.

PurpleHippo said:

All you want is a girlfriend..? That is not a good attitude to have, you place too much emphasis on women and will thus appear desperate, which believe it or not is a turn off for most women. Girls who are confident dont want someone needy trying to make them centre of attention, they find it sad, and girls wiith low self esteem dont want to be made centre of attention either because they are so self conscious and dont like too much attention.

I said it in another post on here, I feel it wil be something that needs to be said to alot of people though, women dont want to be your world, they want to be part of your world. This isnt saying treat them like honeysuckle, I am not a believer in the 'treat them mean, keep them keen' philosophy. What this is is me saying have a life of your own, and the women come naturally - in both romantic and platonic relationships.

Be happy in your own life, and other people (male and female) will want to become a part of it. A good social life is really easy to attain, but it starts with yourself.

Cerberus said:
A good social life is really easy to attain

Which explains the vast number of people on this website and around the world lacking such a thing, but yeah, easy to attain.

I seriously doubt he is saying that a girlfriend is all he needs to make him happy. I believe he is talking socially. He would like a girlfriend and 2-3 good friends. There is nothing wrong with wanting certain things for certain aspects of your life. Getting those things brings happiness. If we wanted nothing we would strive for nothing and we would do nothing and ultimately we would be nothing.

jean-vic said:
Cerberus said:
A good social life is really easy to attain

Which explains the vast number of people on this website and around the world lacking such a thing, but yeah, easy to attain.

I seriously doubt he is saying that a girlfriend is all he needs to make him happy. I believe he is talking socially. He would like a girlfriend and 2-3 good friends. There is nothing wrong with wanting certain things for certain aspects of your life. Getting those things brings happiness. If we wanted nothing we would strive for nothing and we would do nothing and ultimately we would be nothing.
your right i just ment social interaction and that includes a girlfriend because there obviously some interaction that mates just dont do unless they are very very close............*runs away* :p

i used to want to make a girl my entire life but i realised that is not healthy so i stopped that

A lot of women wants to be a part of
my world?...

Go out and fresia a lot of women.
Itll help you with attachment with
one person.

Not putting all your eggs in one basket..

Itll Helps your selfesteem.
Helps to experince all women arnt the
same. Helps you get all that honeysuckle out
of your system before you settle down.
Helps you mature emotional and sexually.

Dont throw the baby out with the bathe
water...
OnLine....a person can have mulitple
chat pages or text mulitple people all at the sametime. Some people arnt the same on line as they are in real person. Something to consider. .

As in making having a GF most important thing in ur life....

The same priniple applies with
socializing....Dont let this be the
most important thing is ur life either..
Dont take it to the other extreem of
celibacy or isolations.

A balance life is not so easy to maintain
for most people...but you get better as
you go

jean-vic said:

All I meant was the only limitations stopping anyone from achieving what they want is themselves. No-one can stop you from being who you want to be except you, be positive in everything you do and that energy feeds off on to other people who then want to be part of that.

fresia what other people think or said about you....

If people talk honeysuckle about you...its becuase they dont have a fucken life
or have nothing else better to with
thier life..

In reality most people are into themselve and really dont give a honeysuckle
oneway or the other.

Too free yourself of limmited thinking or self imposed prison...
You must let go of your old beliefs
and ideas thats been ingrained
in you since birth..

Some ideas and beliefs might still
work for you. Other old ideas are
actually working againt you.

Take the time to get to know yourself..
Take to time to root out unworkable belifs and Ideas Set your mind and your life free..

Your beliefs are the CUASE
Your behavors are the EFFECTS.

If you only try to disciplin ur behaviors. Its wont have lasting effects...
Thats why some people cant stay
on a diet or ulter ther lives more
than a couple of weeks or months.
They resort back to old behaviors
subconsciously. On auto pilot to
their old unworkable beliefs deeply
ingrained inside of them..

Hey, you're not alone in not having a social life. I have a girlfriend but only one "real" friend, and he lives in another city. Sometimes it's really hard just trying to figure out the first step to making new friends. I haven't figured it out yet..

Im livng with a gf at the moment.

I dont have a close friends.

I have some friends I talk to
all the time.

Did that center of attention...
Rule the town, party hardy
roudy. Wild and crazy
Not too long ago with Renae.
It was alot of fun while it lasted..
but it got way..way out of controlled.

So too me its not a bgi deal anymore.
I lved that crazy wild life style serveral times in my life.....

If had never experinced it...youll
be curious...
Thats why..I suggest..
Go out. Have the time of your life.
Have lots of fun. Meet lots of people and women....

Latest posts

Back