Getting laid is really overrated

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the-alchemist said:
And I can tell you, having a gf and all that is truly overrated.

I had a gf twenty years ago. I didn't really try for another one. People seem a bit boring. But I am into odd things, like using magic and looking for meaningful coincidences.

Sex is very different to different people. For some it is an essential part of a relationship. It sounds like even thought there was sex there wasn't much passion. It is for all intensive purposes the most intimate physical act two people can do.

In the end I think you gained some invaluable experience on women and the whole dating dynamic. Sure they are all very atypical messy situations, but I think we learn more from mistakes than we do smooth, typical situations. It sounds like you've become numb to the whole idea, and I think that even though you've met three people in a relatively short amount of time, you still just haven't met the right person yet.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
SofiasMami said:
TropicalStarfish said:
Scrambled eggs

...was the original working title for Yesterday by the Beatles. Just thought I'd mention that. :D

-Teresa

Wasn't it something like "Scrambled Eggs with buttered Toast and Jam"?
Interesting! Although With buttered Toast and Jam doesn't have the same syllables as All my troubles seemed so far away :) Love your avatar!

Back to the topic, pardon me for being graphic but I agree with Jaguarundi on masturbation :)

-Teresa

albie said:
I had a gf twenty years ago. I didn't really try for another one. People seem a bit boring. But I am into odd things, like using magic and looking for meaningful coincidences.

Awesome comment! :D

Sex to me is an unknown. I'm not sure if I'll even enjoy it or not.

Well I truly wish a wonderful sexual experience for you, LitM with someone who you care for and who cares for you. Speaking from my own experiences, sex can be great with the right person, disappointing with someone who isn't really a match, the most soulless and depressing thing around with someone who was just a user - especially when that person was me.. .

There is an element of me that agrees with the Alchemist that sex IS overrated. Because in society (western society at any rate - I cannot really comment on other cultures) so much emphasis is placed on it, so much time devoted to it - how can anything really live up to the hype?

Sex and sexuality are a facet of human life. ONE facet of it, that's all. Not having it does not make someone a loser (another thread is about this, I think). Having lots of it doesn't make you a superstar. Like anything in life, too much may make you unbalanced as a person... it all takes time after all, and if all you do is f**k or think about f***ing it doesn't leave much time over to be interested in anything else. Either that or you are a sex-worker.

Sometimes you want it, others not. And there are times when a good book and a cup of tea seems the more attractive choice. Obviously I speak as a woman on this. I am pretty sure however that a girl could walk stark naked in front of the TV during an exciting cup final or other sporting event (- or the gaming screen when about to reach the best score ever -) and most blokes would either hardly notice or say 'not now'.

Maybe not to horny 20 year old, but even they will one day reach this point, I guarantee it......:D

Well, I'm in my early 30's. I am still horny, but I've gotten to the point where I basically don't care anymore.

hey alchemist. i have never had a girlfriend. mostly by choice because i always held out for the most beautiful girls but i could never seem to get.

i'm 21 now, and have a fresia buddy. she's cute but nothing special, she makes me more lonely.
the sex is fine, its just physical. i could never truly love her because she's not beautiful enough.

so i agree. *removed* in general is a little overrated. especially random *removed*. it does feel great. but i want to make love, not just fresia.

i could never truly love her because she's not beautiful enough.
says Amplitude.

It must be terrible for you, Amplitude. Being so incredibly handsome, witty and charming, and such an amazing catch yourself, must make meeting women on a par with you so very, very difficult.

Obviously women are falling at your feet on a regular basis, and you are beating them off with a stick. Why, it must be an act of charity that you are sleeping with a someone who 'not beautiful enough.'

Still, I am sure that with all your charm and accomplishments a hot world famous model or singer will soon be beating your door down, and then you can finally fall in love and live happily ever after...

Amplitude said:
hey alchemist. i have never had a girlfriend. mostly by choice because i always held out for the most beautiful girls but i could never seem to get.

i'm 21 now, and have a fresia buddy. she's cute but nothing special, she makes me more lonely.
the sex is fine, its just physical. i could never truly love her because she's not beautiful enough.

so i agree. *removed* in general is a little overrated. especially random *removed*. it does feel great. but i want to make love, not just fresia.

Wow....I'm sorry she isn't beautiful enough. I really feel for you. wow... just.... wow.... is all I have to say.

Danielle said:
Amplitude said:

Wow....I'm sorry she isn't beautiful enough. I really feel for you. wow... just.... wow.... is all I have to say.

I really hope that in not a genuine post... You write like you are treating the girl you have sex with as literally just a sex object. The arrogance and shallowness in what you wrote is astounding.

On February 1st, 2014, at 11:26 a.m. EST, a troll alert was issued at A Lonely Life forums.
Please be advised of the potential for flying monkey poo and ban hammers.
That is all.....

Amplitude said:

Wow...just wow. You'll find your post edited, do not be using words like that in such ways, there are members here who find it highly offensive, just as your post is.

Amplitude said:

You can't love someone who's more average? Really?

jaguarundi said:
i could never truly love her because she's not beautiful enough.
says Amplitude.

It must be terrible for you, Amplitude. Being so incredibly handsome, witty and charming, and such an amazing catch yourself, must make meeting women on a par with you so very, very difficult.

Obviously women are falling at your feet on a regular basis, and you are beating them off with a stick. Why, it must be an act of charity that you are sleeping with a someone who 'not beautiful enough.'

Still, I am sure that with all your charm and accomplishments a hot world famous model or singer will soon be beating your door down, and then you can finally fall in love and live happily ever after...

It's his first post and lacking any degree of tact.

You remember that scene in The Hobbit (or the first Hobbit movie) where you had those three creatures sitting around a campfire? I think this poster may be one of those... :rolleyes2:

(Okay, so that was a little snarky. Perhaps he will prove me wrong...)

That's not his first post. He has 85 others. Just FYI.

On wait...you meant the other poster. :p

It's his first post and lacking any degree of tact.

You remember that scene in The Hobbit (or the first Hobbit movie) where you had those three creatures sitting around a campfire? I think this poster may be one of those

Ah The Hobbit - and Lord of the Rings! Not seen the film of the former yet, as I prefer waiting for the DVD so I can have the original version rather than a cinema one dubbed into French (can be amusing - the voices they pick just always seem so wrong!).

I first read the books in 1972 (or was it 73?) and at regular intervals thereafter. But I don't seem to recall any scene with young hobbits/elves or even Orcs sitting around a campfire talking about how they use females for sex but wouldn't fall in love with them unless they were beautiful. Must be more in Tolkien than I have always thought...

If there was such a scene, I would of course consider the character an egregious little tit who will likely grow into one of those gross misogynists who bemoan the fact that they can't find a woman, and end up going to Thailand to pay for a subservient bride who will serve them dinner on bended knee (literally). But then, I really am famed as a tactless person...

jaguarundi said:
Ah The Hobbit - and Lord of the Rings! Not seen the film of the former yet, as I prefer waiting for the DVD so I can have the original version rather than a cinema one dubbed into French (can be amusing - the voices they pick just always seem so wrong!).

I first read the books in 1972 (or was it 73?) and at regular intervals thereafter. But I don't seem to recall any scene with young hobbits/elves or even Orcs sitting around a campfire talking about how they use females for sex but wouldn't fall in love with them unless they were beautiful. Must be more in Tolkien than I have always thought...

If there was such a scene, I would of course consider the character an egregious little tit who will likely grow into one of those gross misogynists who bemoan the fact that they can't find a woman, and end up going to Thailand to pay for a subservient bride who will serve them dinner on bended knee (literally). But then, I really am famed as a tactless person...

Sometimes my sense of humor does not translate well... sometimes what I'm trying to say is not obvious... other times it's just an epic fail... I guess this is one of those times?

I meant to say the poster who wrote that highly offensive and tactless post may be a troll... I was trying to suggest it without using the actual word. Not very funny, but as mentioned, sometimes my efforts backfire :rolleyes2:

Amplitude said:

Cute but nothing special eh. Guess she misses out on the "true love" experience.

Gotta be troll.

Batman55 wrote
Sometimes my sense of humor does not translate well... sometimes what I'm trying to say is not obvious... other times it's just an epic fail... I guess this is one of those times?

I meant to say the poster who wrote that highly offensive and tactless post may be a troll... I was trying to suggest it without using the actual word. Not very funny, but as mentioned, sometimes my efforts backfire

Ah, NOW I get it! Of course!:D I was just being a bit thick yesterday, and your humour was a bit on the delicate side... As you may gather from my post, mine is more of a "club the b*st*rds over the head and then kick 'em when they are down" kind. But I am practising hard to be a gold medalist in the grumpy old woman finals, and I think have succeeded so well that I am now approaching 'miserable old cow' status.

Onwards and upwards.... next stop after that 'appalling old witch"..?

PS It's the car isn't it? Chicks love the car?? (or was it dig not love?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back