groundhog day over and over

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neverfeltlonelyer

Reaction score
I wish my life was like the movie because there where many people involved unlike mine , I interact with the same 5 people everyday at work. same honeysuckle different day. all the same gender. no new topics , no new jokes , no new news, just work and go home . I am not a senior citizen . I am a adult. I try to interact with people away from work and they act like programmed robots that do not talk to humans . I feel like I am living in a twilight zone episode . please help me!

Sounds like maybe it's worth trying to pursue some new hobbies and activities outside of work rather than hoping from better interactions from your colleagues if they're not interested. See if there's anything in your local area that appeals so you can meet some new people with similar interests.

I agree with Katerina. Meeting people with similar interests might be helpful as hopefully it would give rise to some more interesting conversations.

Just get out of the rut. This happens to me quite often, and then I get bored and angry. Go out on a whim and do something random, ANYTHING. I once just left my house at like 10 pm and went to the mall real late, just to get out and do something else. Go for a walk every night, read a new book, anything new, just do it.

What do you mean people sound like robots when you talk to them?
Maybe you're trying to probe them too hard, or approaching them in an overbearing manner? People don't want to just open up to anyone, they want a reason. They want to find a connection, they need you to give them something they can relate to and don't want to feel like their personality is going to be drowned out in yours.
Or maybe you're just getting too bored with them before you get to know anyone and just dismissing them as boring people, as "robots", before they even have a chance to open up?

I'd agree that a lot of people do sound like 'robots' a lot of the time, but everyone has a unique life and there are many with truly interesting stories. And all you have to do is give them a chance, a real chance. I'm not sure what you're doing now but if you're calling them "robots" then maybe you're just not actually giving them that chance.
Or maybe it's just the people you're talking to, and you're just running into the real 'robots'. Maybe it's time to branch out more.

I can't tell you specifically what is going on, so maybe take a little while to reflect on yourself. Think about what you're like when you talk to people, put yourself in their shoes, and maybe you'll figure out the solution. And if not? You can always come back here and tell us what you've discovered so we can help you better.

Latest posts

Back