Guys please stop doing this....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you really just make a "Wont somebody please think of the childen?" response to this?

It's a huge slippery slope when we start trying to tell people what they should or shouldn't do for the sake of being a bad role model for someone elses brats.

Blame the media. Just look at all the ads and billboards, it's been a long standing notion that sex sells. I have a part time employee who is 16, and sometimes he can be a pretty mature young fella. He has shown me pictures of some girls on his Facebook and has actually criticized them. These are ones that have pictures of themselves on their bed, or showing cleavage or doing the ridiculous duck lips. He hates when they complain about how guys are all perverts or they get creeps, well duh of course you do. He's made that observation himself. Of course he also admits he likes looking at some, and this is where he becomes the typical teenage male, he only likes to look at what he deems the "hot ones". He likes more natural pictures though, ones where the girl isn't trying to be sexy by showing off her body or selling herself.

I need to make a commercial for my sex and gender class and i have to use sex to sell an object. I am going to make a stop-motion film I think.

But i'm going to use the sexiness of a guy-character to sell it, instead of a girl. FLIP SIDE!

Stick-figure Forever-alone-girl attracts handsome mustachioed guy when she buys a particular bottle of water. :3

kamya said:
LC, that is the shortest, most coherent post I've ever seen you make.

will....
professional photos
What am I teaching my children?
I didnt raised Kimi. Its a pain she came into with world with and continue to live with.
I grew up in a church.
Ive lived it from all angels.
Never actaully thought my life would be this way and the circumstance of it.
This subject matter hits me at the core of my being.
Sometimes I cry. Other times I luagh...not so sure if it's just to cover my pains.
It is what it is.
My children suffers for my sins.
Yet the guilt and shame I carry dosnt do anyone any good.
The remose i felt. No matter how much I tried to set things right.
Nothing absolutely nothing i did made a differents after being told over and over again... I cant fix anyone.
I'll take all the blame. I'll go to hell for both of thier souls...but that would be self rightious of me as will.

SophiaGrace said:
I need to make a commercial for my sex and gender class and i have to use sex to sell an object. I am going to make a stop-motion film I think.

But i'm going to use the sexiness of a guy-character to sell it, instead of a girl. FLIP SIDE!

Stick-figure Forever-alone-girl attracts handsome mustachioed guy when she buys a particular bottle of water. :3

How about a total flip role whereby a man is at home looking after the kids and doing the housework, his wife comes home from work in a bad mood, he cooks her a meal (perhaps this can be the product) and she ‘rewards’ him by gulping it all down before giving him a “thanks sweet cheeks” in-between burps while he clears up?

That would be a great way to poke fun at all those tiresome adverts for cleaning products or foods aimed at women who want to please their men.

Lost Drifter said:
SophiaGrace said:

How about a total flip role whereby a man is at home looking after the kids and doing the housework, his wife comes home from work in a bad mood, he cooks her a meal (perhaps this can be the product) and she ‘rewards’ him by gulping it all down before giving him a “thanks sweet cheeks” in-between burps while he clears up?

That would be a great way to poke fun at all those tiresome adverts for cleaning products or foods aimed at women who want to please their men.

That's more based on gender roles though rather than usign sex to sell something.

Omg...rofl...I'd like to see both those kinds of ads. That would be awesome. Or maybe one of those Victoria secrets commercials except with just guys...no wait...aaaahhhh someone pass the brain bleach!!!

LC, repost crap after I've deleted it again and the ban will be much longer than 24 hours next time. :club:

SophiaGrace said:
What about the forever-alone girl? Why don't you focus on her? I bet she would love some attention since she probably never or rarely gets it. Why are you so focused on these women who get gobs of attention for their sexuality? Are they really worth getting upset over since they aren't what you want? It seems pretty clear that this is not the type of girl you want. So, shift your attention elsewhere since you clearly want other qualities. Think of qualities you want in a woman and then look for the girl around you. Gradually, the girls you seem so much to dislike will fade into the background and these girls you prefer will be found and even magnified. You will be drawn to them. Especially if you find a place online that has the "type" of girl you like, or draws the sort of qualities you like in a girl. If you spend enough time there you'll be able to identify them offline. OR you can join a club which draws certain qualities to it, like a literary club would draw people that enjoy reading or writing or literature.

For example, since i've been on this site, i've been able to identify lonely, introverted guys offline. I even found one and we are friends now because that's what i value in a guy. I know that sounds weird but a sense of loneliness I can relate to, and "sense" since I have been here for so long. He's also introverted, which is like me. I value our friendship very very much.

That's my reccomendation for you DFURY.

I agree with your statements but your mistaking how much I care about this subject. I do avoid these type of women,I dont go out of my way to add them on fb or try and talk to them....Iv learned to spot them a mile away. And I have learned to know what I like in a girl and to focus on that and block out the white noise.

My idea of this section of the forums was about social topics and this was just one of many that came to mind. I dont lose sleep at night over it and it doesnt make me want to punch a puppy. Its simply food for thought that I figured I would share with others and see where they stand on it.

Again, it's preselection. In this day and age of free speech, equal rights, cellphone cameras, and Facebook - women have for the first time in history - an unprecedented opportunity to be heard and similarly an unprecedented opportunity to make complete asses of themselves. Many of them are choosing to make complete asses of themselves. They are even convinced to do so by the Lindsey Lohans, Paris Hiltons, and Britney Spearses of the world. Yes, women acting like dumbasses has been a hot trend for about fifteen years now if I am counting correctly. I am convinced that these women are alienating entire swaths of the male population who are not attracted to: shameless idiocy, lack of self-respect, lamebrain tactics, and attention-whoring. The compulsion of these women to (for lack of a better term) do what they are doing on Facebook (or Youtube, or whatever) for all to see is literally determining who inevitably will or won't mate with them. The pool of potential candidates is whittled down to: men with no self-respect, men who are not intelligent to be offended by offensive behavior, or men who have no other options. It's similar to the male version of natural selection where quiet, shy, or unconfident men lose favor with the vast majority of women. Darwin is always with us.

I admit I like looking at pretty women...it's a disease called "the heterosexual male"...sue me.

But I generally prefer those girls that are in classy outfits, rather than slutty outfits. The first makes me think she's a nice person, possibly datable, otherwise able to make friends with. The latter makes me think she's only good for sex, and has such a low self esteem that she wants to sell her body to win people's approval.

I am not talking about skirts and high heels. I'm talking about posing in lingerie from Victoria's Secret, for someone other than your boyfriend.

I'm still trying to figure out who decided the girls were sluts or whores. If I post a sexy picture somewhere because I could use an ego boost, that makes me promiscuous? That doesn't seem fair. I haven't even kissed a guy in eight years, let alone do anything that might qualify as slutty. If those guys want to compliment a girl's pretty picture, why is that an issue?

A lot of guys don't catch their own hypocrisy. I mean jesus christ, how many guys here would be complete ******* "man sluts" if they could sleep with a crapload of hot women. But the moment a woman does NOT EVEN that (just putting up attention whoring, no pun intended, photos), shes a slut. Well I think a lot of you are just jealous/sad/whatever that you aren't getting laid or that you aren't very physically attractive. Let alone, if most of you were good looking (and knew it), I'm sure most of you would be flaunting it as well.

We're generalizing a lot here.

Just because she's an attention whore does not mean she is a whore!

girls are lucky..
they just need to dress up, take some good pics and post it for ego boost.

i cant do that...
Im'm like Chandler from Friends. every pic comes out wrong.

I wish I was more like Barney from How I met your mother.

I highly doubt anyone here knows the exact episodes I am refering to. so I'll just say... Barney can not take a bad picture. the episode is funnier.

Never intended for this to turn into a woman hating thread. Both guys/girls are equally pathetic when they become attention seekers,its no difference either way. Perhaps I should have worded it differently to make that more clear,but some people took this one way over board.

As for the person that said this is due to jealousy,I assure that couldnt be further from the truth. I am not a jealous person and if someone is happy then good for them Im not gonna hate. And saying that if people were confident in their looks they would flaunt it too,that could also not be further from the truth. A truly confident person does not need others approval and compliments to feel good about themselves,all that matters is that they know they look good. I dont care how "attractive" a person appears,if they are desperately seeking others attention they have some underlying self conscious issues.

I have met some girls who even though they were absolutely gorgeous they couldn't see it themselves,so they continuously seek other approval and attention to try and feel good. The problem there is that its never enough,no matter how many compliments you get unless YOU feel good about yourself you will have that emptiness inside.

Latest posts

Back