Guys please stop doing this....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@nerdygirl: I can agree, deep down we all want to be sexually appealing. Really to both genders, which is kind of weird if you think about it. Anyway, if you have no concern for being sexually appealing then these actions should not effect you.

This whole exercise is mental masturbation because each person in this thread is conjuring their own independent images of the attention-seeking girl.

A woman posting attractive pictures of herself on Facebook = nothing wrong with that

A woman posting attractive, suggestive, sexual pictures of herself on Facebook, tending to them daily, spending massive amounts of her time tending to the comments, flirting with the guys who respond constantly, learning what works and what doesn't until she has made a full-time job out of "being sexy" = highly annoying

lol

I'll use this to apologize for the thread I made in this very subforum this week.

It was out of place. I make no excuses for a rant like that. Form now on I promise to show more consideration to everyones feelings, since I honestly feel you are all nice people. You don't deserve that, I want to be a person you can get along with and I failed at that. We all been trough enough. Didn't feel like making a thread about myself so I used this, hope it doesn't bother much.

That's all.

As long as the images are posted in appropriate places then I don't see the problem. Facebook is used by many people to show off their lives, so complaining that someone is showing off on their is completely ridiculous.

What annoys me is when it's not an appropriate place, for example there is an ex-member of this Forum who is banned whos avatar picture is himself shirtless. Clearly said member is showing off. I have no desire to see another members chest, I am only interested in their posts. I also think it's quite an inconsiderate thing to do as there are members of this Forum who are very self conscious and they don't need to be constantly reminded how they are not as ripped as he is.

Pezza said:
As long as the images are posted in appropriate places then I don't see the problem. Facebook is used by many people to show off their lives, so complaining that someone is showing off on their is completely ridiculous.

What annoys me is when it's not an appropriate place, for example there is an ex-member of this Forum who is banned whos avatar picture is himself shirtless. Clearly said member is showing off. I have no desire to see another members chest, I am only interested in their posts. I also think it's quite an inconsiderate thing to do as there are members of this Forum who are very self conscious and they don't need to be constantly reminded how they are not as ripped as he is.

Let me see if I understand correctly.

So, you take offense at people taking offense at people showing off on Facebook; while simultaneously taking offense at people showing off here. So showing off is only allowed to offend at a time and place of your choosing. But your entire premise rests on the (?)fact(?) that Facebook is made for "showing off", but it's not. It's stated purpose is a social network for getting back in touch, staying in touch, fostering relationships - quite similar to a forum. Your other premise is that only people 'here' are self-conscious so should be shielded from images of ripped chests. Do you have any idea how ridiculous this all sounds? Truly?

Hilarious.

Frito Bandito said:
Pezza said:

So, you take offense at people taking offense at people showing off on Facebook; while simultaneously taking offense at people showing off here. So showing off is only allowed to offend at a time and place of your choosing.

Hilarious.

Where have I shown that I take offense at people taking offense at people showing off on Facebook?

In fact I haven't even said that I take offense to anything in my post.

I have expressed that I think it's absurd to complain about a large proportion of Facebook users who are merely using Facebook for one of it's many purposes. Nowhere in my post have I said that showing off is only allowed to offend at a time and place of my choosing, I've merely said that this forum is one of many places where IMO I think it's inappropriate to show off physical attributes.

Frito Bandito said:
Pezza said:

So, you take offense at people taking offense at people showing off on Facebook; while simultaneously taking offense at people showing off here. So showing off is only allowed to offend at a time and place of your choosing. But your entire premise rests on the (?)fact(?) that Facebook is made for "showing off", but it's not. It's stated purpose is a social network for getting back in touch, staying in touch, fostering relationships - quite similar to a forum. Your other premise is that only people 'here' are self-conscious so should be shielded from images of ripped chests. Do you have any idea how ridiculous this all sounds? Truly?

Hilarious.

I see you've changed your post.

I've not stated that it's a fact that Facebook is made for showing off, however you must be extremely ignorant if you are not aware that many people use it for that at times. Almost everyone is aware of this.

I've not said that this is the only place on the web where there are self conscious users. I merely used this Forum as an example of a place where I believe it's inappropriate to show off physical attributes. I never said that this is the only place where I believe showing off physical attributes is inappropriate.

Do you have any idea how much of an idiot you look right now? Truly?

Hilarious.

Frito Bandito said:
Pezza said:

Hilarious.

I think what he is saying is that Facebook was made to "show yourself off", and being a Facebook user you should know that. I think he also means that places like this forum you shouldn't show off because almost everyone at places like here are self conscious and already have low self esteem. I think your bashing Pezza was uncalled for and made you look hilariously uneducated.

My two cents:

Facebook is not a dating site, yet it is a personalized site where people can show off whatever the fresia they want. Whether it be parties and friends for the younger audience, to kids and family events for the older adults. And as of that, Facebook has caused an increased depression among its users (scientifically proven); where they think that they're "not good enough", "not enough parties", "not enough friends", "not enough physical attributes", "don't have a family", "not married", etc. Therefore, any sort of showing off does inflict psychological pain on an individual. And remember, Facebook users are people who have LESS problems than we do, they have a social group of contacts, whereas most of us here lack it. Anyway, since showing off is proven to inflict psychological pain in an individual, and this site was made to help people in their pain, not worsen it, we need to steer clear of comments/photos/whatever the fresia, that causes someone to feel depressed.

There is no point complaining about people showing off and seeking attention on Facebook. I'm not saying that I support this behavior but there's no point complaining about it and asking people not to behave in a similar fashion, because for many people (mainly the younger generation) that's one of the main things that Facebook is for and always will be. If you don't like it then you always have the option to avoid the site.

However there are many places outside of Facebook where I don't think people should be showing off for various reasons, ALL being one of them.

This is my opinion and quite frankly it's sound logic.

Eh... I don't have any problems with ALL members posting sexy pictures. Most of the people here sincerely need an ego boost. If, however, you folks want to keep those sexy pictures private, you are welcome to send them to me privately... *clears throat*

People should always keep in mind, whatever pictures you post publicly is just that, PUBLIC! If you don't want other people to see them, or have creeps masturbating to them just don't post them. There are PM functions and mail functions for a reason.

Pezza said:

I've not stated that it's a fact that Facebook is made for showing off,

Hilarious.

It's called the "Edit" feature. I could go into a grandiose explanation of how that works if you'd like.

Yes, yes, actually you did state that. If I had any ambition to argue with you, I'd go quote it (again). You stated that it is "used" for that. People can "use" anything for any reason, it doesn't change the fact that Facebook is no more intended for showing off than a forum is. Neither are designed for that. Yet you are okay with it one format while railing against it in another.

You've got me. Elaborate on my idiocy. I picked apart point-by-point what you said and HOW it was ignorant and made no sense. You haven't done the same.

Frito Bandito said:
Pezza said:

I've not stated that it's a fact that Facebook is made for showing off,

Hilarious.

It's called the "Edit" feature. I could go into a grandiose explanation of how that works if you'd like.

Yes, yes, actually you did state that. If I had any ambition to argue with you, I'd go quote it (again). You stated that it is "used" for that. People can "use" anything for any reason, it doesn't change the fact that Facebook is no more intended for showing off than a forum is. Neither are designed for that. Yet you are okay with it one format while railing against it in another.

You've got me. Elaborate on my idiocy. I picked apart point-by-point what you said and HOW it was ignorant and made no sense. You haven't done the same.

I merely mentioned that you changed your post because at first I'd replied to your original post, as you are well aware.

I don't understand what your problem is. Facebook IS more intended for showing off than a forum is, Facebooks design encourages showing off whereas most Forums don't or at least don't to the same extent. Everybody knows that lots of people show off on Facebook, it doesn't matter if that's one of its true purposes or not. One of Facebooks many functions is to share photos, if those photos don't breach any of Facebooks rules then complaining about it is pointless and unnecessary.

How it made no sense to you you mean.

I think this threads title should be changed to 'Guys please stop arguing'.

Everyone has their opinion, and in that opinion is an opinion.

Ladies please stop arguing.

Both take pictures of your breasts and post them online. You girls will get plenty of friend requests from guys in whatever website you get on. Either it be dating, Facebook, or ALL-like forums!

Ak5 said:

Both take pictures of your breasts and post them online. You girls will get plenty of friend requests from guys in whatever website you get on. Either it be dating, Facebook, or ALL-like forums!

Who said something about boob pics?

Hoffy said:
Ak5 said:

Don't feed the troll.

Ak5 said:
Hoffy said:
Ak5 said:

Don't feed the troll.
Tits or gtfo

Latest posts

Back