Hate

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkwall

Reaction score
Last week I was filming this environmental conference and there were all these politicians there. They were all bitching about past governments and putting forward statistics: the whole thing was very tedious. Anyway, this professor came up to speak and he just obliterated them. He tore apart their targets, showed their statistics were lies and said that the only time a government has dropped over 5% in carbon emissions is with the COLLAPSE OF THE SOVIET UNION.

It made me think about hatred. This guy, you could tell, hated the politicians and their weedy way of shirking responsibility. In a way, I empathise with him. I think hatred is very important - without it love is meaningless, because if you can't define what you stand against then what are you standing for? Hating fascists is a cliche, but it's a very important one: the Holocaust brought about the most universal hatred in history and rightly so.

But it doesn't really stop there. If you love a song, you must hate others because otherwise you'll just listen to anything. Hating people is stupid because it presumes that we know that person: but hating things IN THEM is very important. I see a lot of things in people that can be immediately reduced to shapes unrecognisable to that person - things that are derivative, hypocritical or pretentious.

It's natural to hate anything that is fake to you - hatred can be just an eye in you that sees clearer. You can't use love to destroy what is shallow. Be who you are, and learn to hate: because there is no passion without hatred.

that's an interesting point you bring up there.
I try to avoid hate, I don't like the caustic way that it feels to hate. I can't stomach it very well. That's not to say that I don't hate some things, I just don't dwell on it.
Sometimes it is entirely necessary to take a stand against what you hate, and in a way it feels so good to do so, to tear it apart and grind it down. I much prefer however to love passionately than to hate passionately.
For a long time it was easier for me to hate with a passion than to love, but in learning to be passionate in a positive way I've come to be a happier person. I hate, but I don't hate passionately. I love passionately, I love the way that the bark feels on a birch tree, I love the way that big rocks in a creek feel beneath sturdy boots, I love warming my hands on a horse's muzzle in the winter, I love making crepes in my old frying pan then eating them with nutella, whipped cream and raspberries from the garden. I hate cheap fast food and refried beans. It's hard to be passionate about the way that refried beans smell but I'm certainly passionate about my crepes, as anyone who has eaten them could tell you.

and yeah, your hate forum got jacked by a hippie

a preacher of hatred hmmmm

i love ice cream. particularly vanilla - don't hate any

Lmao...Qui
Ya Hip ...man

I guess so LB...however you wish to defind things is okay by me.
Hate is a power word for a lot of people.

well...It would totally suck ass if there's a bunch of hateful fucken people in this world...becuase I would totally hate that honeysuckle ! :p

However i do have to disagree with you about passion.
Here's my reasoning or thought process.......
I love titays with a fucken passion and there's no opposite of titays...Titays are just titays..:p

I love creating music. I love music. My favorite type of music is heavy metal.
I also listen to jazz, rap, classical, techno, newage, folk, country, R&B..etc
My instrument of chioce is an electric guitar. I particularly enjoy
the nice warm sound of marshalls ampliflier. I have a lot of guitars...My favorite guitar is my Ibanez.
I love the playablitiy and the various tones this guitar creates. I don't hate my other guitars.

There's a passion when I play my guitar or create music...

..FEELING hatred and wallowing it without any kind of outlet for that energy is tiring and debilitating i reckon..

transmute the emotional state and focus it into something positive and constructive and it looses its meaninglessness.. like you said if it turns into a clear eye for you through which you can see a positive path/action to take.. hatred is transfigured into something good..

..if you 'hate' ignorance' better to open your own mind and through your actions/modelling show others how to open theirs.. better than taking a 2 x 4 and teaching them a 'lesson'.. choices eh

that said.. i hate cat honeysuckle.. but cleaning their box constantly in a self disciplined way teaches me the valueable lesson that yes... indeed..
i hate feking cat honeysuckle :p

"To change the world I'm gonna plot and scheme" - Beastie Boys

@ Qui: You have to understand, I am not putting love above hate* but just saying hate is the necessary yin to love's yang (how's that for hippie honeysuckle)

@ Starman: that just means you love icecream. If you didn't hate eating sheep's eyes etc. then you couldn't love icecream, since you'd be fine eating everything.

@ Lonesome: You may love tits, but wouldn't you hate kissing male arses?

@ Power: That is exactly my point: hatred can be something good, if it is supported by love.

*EDIT: Should read hate above love

The way I percieve it is.

I'm not my feelings or thoughts...

It's the same if I was to say...why in the hell don't you hate your depression ?lol
Just like you hate being wrong or anyone that challenges your perceptions or ideas.

Do you process or percieve as such ???
example...there's no such thing as cold...just lower degree of heat or energy.
If you study refrigeration..you might understand this principle or concept.
Life is energy...just transfering or transforming energy.

Example....sadness and happiness is on the same scale.
There's not such thing as sadness...just lower degree of happiness.

Such as LOVE....there's no such thing as hate.
There's just a very degree of LOVE.

Such as light...
There's no suck thing as darkness only degree of light.

Such as consiousness or awareness..Just verious degree of awareness.

Such as enlightenment...just verious degree of enlightenment.

Example..motivations.
You don't lack motivations....you're always motivated.
You're either motivate to stay in bed or motivated to get out of bed.

Just like passion...you always have passion.
You're either passionate about staying bed or not..:p

The professor was motivate..that is all.

It's just a matter of chioce or perfernce.

You love your depression and you're passionate about it...because hate dosn't exist..that's why you chose to
get depressed. If hated existed...you would had stopped getting depressed a long time ago.

Here's the thing...You can't change the way I think or process life.

Er ... yes, there is such thing as hatred. The absence of love is known as APATHY. Hate is an actual emotion, so yes it does exist. Same with sadness - that's a scientific fact, there are unique combinations of chemicals involved.

You aren't your thoughts? Way to throw out a paradox there, LC. I'll put it another way - how could you be you without them?

I don't hate when anyone challenges my ideas - otherwise how would I ever be able to change them? I hate it when the challenge is really just a facile argument, or something I've heard many times before.

I don't choose to get depressed, that's another chemical thing, unluckily for your argument. And finally, I think it is extremely arrogant for anyone to say "you can't change the way I think" - that's what human interaction is for, ain't it? It kind of makes it seem like you're talking about yourself when you talk about me hating anyone challenging my ideas.

There's a big difference between reacting with hatred at something that offends your moral integrity, and actually allowing yourself to become intoxicated by hatred.

Absolutely. To repeat: what I am saying is necessary is hatred balanced by love. This post was a reaction against the idea that hatred is somehow wrong.

little_buddha said:
Er ... yes, there is such thing as hatred. The absence of love is known as APATHY. Hate is an actual emotion, so yes it does exist. Same with sadness - that's a scientific fact, there are unique combinations of chemicals involved.

You aren't your thoughts? Way to throw out a paradox there, LC. I'll put it another way - how could you be you without them?

I don't hate when anyone challenges my ideas - otherwise how would I ever be able to change them? I hate it when the challenge is really just a facile argument, or something I've heard many times before.

I don't choose to get depressed, that's another chemical thing, unluckily for your argument. And finally, I think it is extremely arrogant for anyone to say "you can't change the way I think" - that's what human interaction is for, ain't it? It kind of makes it seem like you're talking about yourself when you talk about me hating anyone challenging my ideas.

So you're saying you don't have any control over your thoughts and
emotions becuase it's a chemicle thing ?

Yet...you're saying that a person should try to control hate (emotions) ?

Do this excersize....recall a happy moments in your life...
or just a recall a mathematical equation, cell phone number, E-mail
account pass words....

Are you that cell phone number ?

Please get back with me on this after you do the simple excersize
of recalling a cell phone and answer if you lack completely or have
no control over your thoughts becuase of chemicles shooting
off in your brain.

Just by you replying to this post or thread...
is a simple example that the chemicles in your brain is not cuasing
you to react beyound control of your thoughts and emotions.

It's a simple chioce...that you chose to make.

You may chose to going into depression by chosing to go on auto pilot....never the less...That's you chioce.
it might be subtle or almost graceful to you and it happens very fast or habitual. it's still a chioce that you made.

Lonesome, there's no real debate here. "I think, therefore I am" - we are our thoughts, because without thoughts we are nothing.

I hate people who don't stand for anything worthwhile. People who are luke warm lack coherent opinions.

I hate people who try to like everything. To hate nothing is to understand nothing in the world.

I hate ignorance, especially when it seems deliberate. To be close-minded is to be lost.

To be hated means you stand for something. To be loved can mean you stand for nothing, but you can also be hated by some and loved by some. To seek to be loved by all is the mark of someone who stands for nothing.

Life is filled with the negative and the positive. When one tries to over focus on one to the exclusion of the other, to me it means they are insane.

The answer to all problems in life is not to simply be nice, sometimes you have to be a complete *******. Reality is both kind and cruel. To seek a state in which you behave unreal is to seek insanity.

All things have more then one side. All things have pros and cons. Those who cannot see the world as such, are not living.

Skorian said:
I hate people who don't stand for anything worthwhile. People who are luke warm lack coherent opinions.

I hate people who try to like everything. To hate nothing is to understand nothing in the world.

I hate ignorance, especially when it seems deliberate. To be close-minded is to be lost.

To be hated means you stand for something. To be loved can mean you stand for nothing, but you can also be hated by some and loved by some. To seek to be loved by all is the mark of someone who stands for nothing.

Life is filled with the negative and the positive. When one tries to over focus on one to the exclusion of the other, to me it means they are insane.

The answer to all problems in life is not to simply be nice, sometimes you have to be a complete *******. Reality is both kind and cruel. To seek a state in which you behave unreal is to seek insanity.

All things have more then one side. All things have pros and cons. Those who cannot see the world as such, are not living.

Anyone brave enough to pose shirtless and sport sideburns like that must stand for something. Possibly you have a strong stance towards men having great burns and going around half naked. Well that's something I can support. I'll be growing out my burns soon.

little_buddha said:
Lonesome, there's no real debate here. "I think, therefore I am" - we are our thoughts, because without thoughts we are nothing.

I''m not depebting with you...
Just becuase you write something dosn't necesarry ring true or is the absolute.

"we".....??? Who the hell is "WE" ?lol
As I said..you don't think nor speak for me.

You still refuse to answer a simple question.
I asked you a simple question.
Stop diverting....
Answer my question..

Are you the thoughts of a cell phone number ?
So you're saying you're a cell phone number ?

No wait....imagine an image of a hawt babe with big boobies..
You thinking it...therefore you are?
So you're saying you're a chick with big knockers ?lol

It dosn't take a rocket scienctist to figure out that you are not a cell phone....

See...I have passion in getting you to answer the question..there's no hate behind it.

LC, I DID answer the question. OF COURSE we are those thoughts. That image of a hot babe comes from YOU, it is yours alone. Your guitar doesn't exist in the real world as it does in your head. For someone with colour blindness the guitar would look completely different. I'll put it another way, champ:

If that image of a hot babe isn't a part of YOU, then where does it exist? It doesn't exist outside of your head - no-one ELSE can see that image. You consist of your thoughts and unique impressions. Again, there's really nothing to be debated here. If you're still having doubts, try googling "the self" and then get back to me.

you saying you're a chick ? :p

Ok...you're saying you create everything..
Ok....no more bitching , whine, moaing , blaming, or complaining about anything in your life.
You created it...you thought it up and it is so.
You are responsible for all things in your life.
The truth will set you free...

little_buddha said:
Absolutely. To repeat: what I am saying is necessary is hatred balanced by love. This post was a reaction against the idea that hatred is somehow wrong.

I think the suggestion of hatred being right or justified appeals to peoples ingrained paranioa, because most of us are conditioned to associate hatred with malice and cruelty which are both definately the preserve of the wrong doer. Also in the spectrum of human passions I think that hatred is the easiest to inflame and exploit.

There's little more that I can add to this for now because I'm not really arguing a point but the subject has left me with a lingering question; out of love and hatred which do we train ourselves the more to keep surpressed?

Latest posts

Back