hello to everyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loadedgun

Reaction score
I guess this is my introduction.
Hello everyone, I am 25 years old and perpetually lonely.

I do not have any friends. I have not had any friends since high school-which I would later determine were not friends at all. It seemed these people were only friends those five days a week when it was convenient. After reaching out numerous times after graduating, I gave up at trying to stay in contact.

I've had a few jobs since graduating and tried to create friendships with coworkers but apparently i just do not connect with others. I've watched coworkers become friends and always wondered what is wrong with me that I can't establish these friendships or why they do not want me to be a part.

I've been single for two years. After the breakup I just did not have the emotional motivation to put myself back out there. I fear I will never connect with anyone or that the moment I tell them I have no friends they will no longer be interested.

I live alone. Just me and my dog-which I love dearly. He loves me unconditionally and helps me tremendously just by being there. I spend my days immersing myself in books. They give me a temporary esape but when I close the pages im met with the harsh reality of what my life actually is.

To sum things up--I just do not feel that I belong. Everywhere I go or everything I see on social media is groups of friends, couples, siblings--all having a good time together and I just don't understand why that never works for me.

I apologize if this comes off as a pity party--it just feels nice to vent a little. I hope everyone is well. Nice to meet you all.

Hey loadedgun, welcome in :)
Nice to meet you too :)

And don't worry about venting, here you can vent all you want within boundaries that is. Finally, it's good to see you here. Make yourself comfortable :)
And of course...

*Welcome hug* :)

Hi, Nice to meet you loadedgun.

Since you really love pets, (and I do too by the way) how about volunteering at a good animal shelter in your area? They always need help and most people that volunteer at shelters are not the egocentric, superficial types. You might meet some down to earth folks there and at the very least you'd be helping strays that need love and attention. Besides that idea, I think trying to find people with like interests via places like Meetup could be helpful to you. You like to read, so maybe book review meet ups or something like that. Past that, you might find pen pals interesting to correspond with. Many on the couple sites I've been to are looking for friendship only, so it's not really like a dating site. If there is some particular country you have been interested in knowing more about, you might find this a way to gain first-hand knowledge and develop a friendship too. I really enjoying music from other countries, so sharing music with pen friends might also be something ya would find fun. Interpals.net is the one I'm familiar with and have used.

Good true friends have always been hard to find in this world. People that are what they say they are seem increasing hard to find. Scratch the surface and unfortunately one often finds the person is not what they appeared to be. I'm cynical about that due to my own experiences. So ignore that negative part. I don't think social sites are really good places to forge lasting relationships (at least on the whole). And do keep in mind that all you see and read about people with supposedly perfect lives is not all there is to their story. That's why many folks call it "Fakebook". I have a friend from the Philippines that felt bad when she viewed former classmates bragging about themselves as if really something. But you never know what the bragger really feels inside, the personal history or how much of the good is fabricated or greatly enhanced. She stopped looking at Fakebook and I think that would be wise for you also. Best of luck to you.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Hey and welcome and please dont let social media depress you, its not a true reflection of reality its just a highlight reel of peoples lives. As far as connecting with people i think sometimes thats just luck of the draw. I cant connect with anybody either past the surface really so please dont feel bad, alot of times its got to do with environment and not the person at all but just the sittuation.

Im glad to have you on the site and i hope it helps you even if in a smal way being here. Welcome aboard.

Heya loadedgun! Welcome from one new member to another :) sorry to hear you're having a tough time :( but hopefully you can find some like minded people who like to do what you like to do, talk about what you like to talk about etc.. Most friendships are created out of a mutual interest, friend, connection (like work) have you looked into joining a club or volunteering at a place that interests you?

Hi LG,

Welcome to the forum and I sincerely hope you find what you are looking for in this life. I look forward to hearing more about your dog. We are one big family that is here to support and care for each other. So welcome in, take a seat and get chatting :)

Latest posts

Back